“Excellent beach vacation! Would recommend Grand Plaza with no problem.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

You added Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5250 Gulf Boulevard, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent beach vacation! Would recommend Grand Plaza with no problem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I booked a family beach vacation (teenage daughters, 13 & 16) for the 21st through the 24th of July.

It was down to 3 hotels - this one, the Sirata and Tradewinds). I was back & forth between them but what settled the deal was how FRIENDLY the reservation staff treated me. Michelle was her name and she found exactly the kind of room we were looking for (an ocean front suite). We talked about the different rooms and what floor I wanted to be on. She hooked us up! I asked for the reference of a shuttle from the airport and she gave me the name of the company they used and they were awesome too. No problems at all getting to/fro the hotel. We were picked up in a nice Lincoln.

Our room was beautiful and well decorated. Views from both balconies were excellent (room 817).

LOVED Bongos and the music. Whoever complained about the music must be a total whiner! Actually I can't understand why anyone would complain. If you want a beautiful & clean room, close to the beach and a friendly staff - this is your place. We have zero complaints.

My vacations are usually to the Caribbean but we wanted to stay in the US this year. Had taken the kids to Myrtle Beach before too. St. Pete has SPOILED us and I'll never go back to Myrtle. St. Pete is exactly the kind of beach vacation we wanted and got.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Sandwich, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Great food, beautiful rooms and view, plenty of activities on and around the hotel. Housekeeping for rooms could use improvement. My wife and I spent a week at the Grand Plaza. On a few occasions our room didn't get cleaned too well. Tissue wasn't replaced when it was empty. Instead they stuff a few extra in the box for us. On two occasions our clean towels were put on the floor instead of on the rack. One particular day we had to take toilet paper off the housekeeping cart because ours hadn't been filled. Bongos bar has many great drinks to choose from, however, service at the table was extrememly slow everyday we ate and drank there.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at the Grand Plaza July 19-22. I arrived at about 1pm not expecting they would actually have my room ready and they did no questions asked! Staff was very friendly. Room was exactly as described, I had partial ocean view which was fantastic. Rooms were cleaned everyday, balcony was great. My only compl
aint about the room was it wasn't very soundproof; we could hear the baby next door crying quite often, also the bathroom door kept getting stuck but I'm sure thatwas an easy fix. Many reviews said the elevators are slow but I didn't find that they were at all, I stayed on
the 6th floor and never waited longer then maybe 2
minutes even during busy times of the day. Parking was
great, pool was nice. Had breakfast at the Palm room
which was a decent price, had the breakfast buffet which
had a large selection. My 4 year old son accidentally got
burned from the hot syrup and the staff was more than
helpful with providing me ice, towels, and bactine, they
constantly came over to the table to make sure he was
ok. Bongos beach bar was nice also, so close to the
beach, again great prices and they also served near the
pool area. The service at the pool was slow but the food
was great. The last night we ate at Spinners the roof top
revolving bistro which I have to say was amazing, the
views are breathtaking especially at sunset. It was very
busy at that time so there was a bit of a wait,
unfortunately the scenic elevator was closed our entire
stay. I had a problem with the safe in our room (my son
locked it) I asked the girl at the front desk if someone could come up to fix it, the engineer was at my door within five minutes. Best parts were no resort fees, no parking fees, the closest hotel to the beach, the restaurants, and the value. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Very nice hotel. The rooms were bright and clean. The beach is fabulous!!!! Can not wait to go back. Did not eat in any of the restaurants.

NORTHERN IRELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We've just returned from a great stay at the Grand Plaza and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone, we'll certainly be back next time we visit the Gulf Coast. We had a bay view room initially but changed to a gulf view room as the view was much nicer. Both rooms were very similar inside with a great massive comfy clean king size bed along with a pull down out of the wall double bed, a sofa and plenty of places to store clothes and cases. All the hotel staff we came across were very nice, friendly and courteous and made us feel most welcome. The pool area was nice and clean with towels available from reception. The hotel is right on the beach so there is alot of sand around - but staff constantly seemed to be tidying this up which was nice. We had no problems with parking at all and at the weekend there were people making sure that you were a hotel guest before you could park there. The lifts weren't a problem as some people have mentioned, sure they're a bit slow but nothing that made us wait for more than a few minutes! We only ate in Spinners and the place was lovely the view was awesome and service excellent. We were on the 9th floor and had a great view of the beach and at night could hear the singer at Bongos Beach Bar which was part of the hotel. The music went off at 11pm so noise was not an issue, in fact the entire stay was very peaceful. Overall we had a brilliant time and really enjoyed our stay. Thanks to the staff at the Grand Plaza!

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We loved this hotel! Very clean and although not an oceanfront view, the view on the other side was of the bay which was very pretty. Friendly staff let us check in early afternoon after a long drive to get there. Nice lobby, pool and beachside bar. Beach was sooo pretty with the calm gulf waters and the beautiful greenish color. Parasailing offered at the beach was the highlight of our vacation. Beach wasn't crowded at all. Pool is much smaller than depicted in picture online. Only downside was the room was a bit small, but we didn't spend much time in it anyways! Took us 45 mins to drive to Busch Gardens. Would recommend this hotel.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

What can't I say about The Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel and Conference Center? The Front Desk Staff and Concierge couldn't be MORE welcoming! Everyone does their best job to make sure your stay is exceeding your expectations. Along with the wonderful staff, the rooms are very clean and inviting with a great view of either the bay or gulf in every room we've stayed in. The fact that the floor is tile everywhere you go helps a lot with the sand tracking from all our beach time and every room feels like a luxurious suite. They also have a nice refreshing pool going from 4 to 8 feet deep for when the gulf tide is too strong, and if you get hungry ... no worries there are 3 on site restaurants. Ahh, the joys of having restaurants located on hotel property! Spinner's Revolving Bistro and Lounge (lunch-dinner-dessert), The Palm room restaurant (breakfast-brunch), and Bongo's Beach Bar and Grill (brunch-lunch-light dinner-adult drinks). Spinner's Bistro, along with the amazing view the entire meal as you rotate at the top of the hotel, has the best steak, pasta, veggies, and seafood I've had in a long time and the bread sticks are very addictive. I didn't visit the Palm room restaurant, due to my inconvenient addiction to village inn crepes! However, the food looked and smelled delicious and you may also dine outside on the pool deck. Then you have bongos beach bar and grill, located directly on the beach off of the gulf of mexico. This place has just as much variety as Spinner's but with an up close view of the water and the sand beneath your toes! The food is great and the cocktails are even better! My personal fave is a nice non-alcoholic pina coloda for my evening stroll on the beach as the sun sets. But I won't bore you with my trip itinerary! Overall this hotel has earned my seal of approval. With 5 star service, 5 star view, 5 star cleanliness, and 5 star food with a 3 star price, you can't go wrong. I was also very surprised with the 'no resort fees' and the free room upgrade (subject to availability). I will absolutely be staying here when I come back to visit the lovely St. Pete beach. :) I hope my review has helped you in your decision of where to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the best! But nothing beats an ocean view, book through travelocity and it will be...