“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 123 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Fusion, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We ate here twice - which is rare for us since we like to try a variety of places. It is inside of an old silver diner and didn't look like a hit. We were wrong on all counts. The service was great and all of the servers treated us as if they had known us personally. The food was creative and outstanding. The onion rings dusted in powdered sugar were terrific as was the "Drunken Shrimp" - both appetizers. My wife got a filet mignon the first night - it was perfectly done and very tasty, and I got a seafood platter that was a special - seafood was fresh and tasty, outstanding and filled me up (which is sometimes hard to do - I'm fat and love to eat). The next night, my wife got a grouper sandwich which was fresh, perfectly done and huge and tasty, and I got the Grouper & Shrimp Sauté which was outstanding. This restaurant was right next door to our hotel (Grand Plaza Beach - a separate review), and we wish we would have tried it sooner. I highly-recommend the Madfish as clearly the best seafood I have had anywhere.

Visited May 2014

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Possibly the best seafood we have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was absolutely shocked that this restaurant was not busier on a Tuesday evening. It is a very unique building and we probably would not have chosen it if it hadn't been so well reviewed. I cannot say enough good things about the food AND the service. We dined here while on vacation and the food was the absolute best we had all week. The server was very helpful and knowledgable. The grouper special was quite possibly the best fish I've ever had. The green goddess dressing was most assuredly the best any of us had ever tasted. The appetizers arrived promptly and our drinks were always full. Everyone enjoyed their entree. We wanted to try the key lime pie but were all so full that we could not order dessert! The chef was kind enough to send out mini servings of the key lime pie so we could try it and of course it was delicious! I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant. We wanted to return during the week but it did not work out. We will most definitely return the next time we are in the area! Don't miss this place!!

Dallas, Texas
“Don't let the silver outside walls deter you... it's good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

On our second trip to St. Pete Beach we found this to be a restaurant we would go back to anytime. The Drunken Shrimp appetizer is great, we followed with scallops and a fresh fish it was all really good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Superior Seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Seafood is our favorite and based on suggestions from a couple of locals, my wife and I chose to give Mad Fish a shot. The place has the appearance of a diner and is fairly casual. However, the dining experience is a bit more upscale. The salads, bread with olive spread, and specials were top-notch. I had the mango grilled grouper and my wife had the Neptune Platter (grilled lobster, scallops, and shrimp). Both were good sized portions with nice presentations, that tasted even better than they looked. We topped it off with a yummy chocolate lava cake and called the meal a winner. Definitely worth a visit.

Lakeland, Florida
“Great service and delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are at the beach this place is a must go to. Absolutely wonderful. Try the wasabi egg roll, unique combination. Get there early to save $.

• Visited June 2014