“Horrible service” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan
Mesilla, New Mexico
“Horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The food was fine, but the service wasn't worth it. The staff was really rude and I had to wait 30 minutes for a take out order despite calling it in 4 hours prior to pick up.

Visited March 2012

Fairfield, Iowa, United States
“Raw, vegetarian, delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We were so excited to find this nice little restaurant! Unique and delicious food and juices. Must try the key lime "cheesecake" made from coconut and cashews.

Visited February 2012
Joliet, Illinois, United States
“Delicious raw vegan food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was very excited to see a raw food restaurant in the area. I had the sicilian lasagna, green juice, and took home a slice of the cheesecake. Everything was so fresh and nourishing. The lasagna was about two and a half meals for me. I have eaten at various raw restaurants in Chicago and what I find most unique about Vida de Cafe is their use of warm plates to serve the food on. The lasagna dish on the warm plate came out with warm marinated mushrooms and spinach. The nut cheese also melted slightly and really added to the flavors of the dish. I still dream about that green juice. Everything was excellent.

Visited November 2011
San Francisco, California
“What a great surprise in a sweet little town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Our experience at Vida De Cafe was lovely from start to finish. Creative & well-thought out, tasty dishes are plentiful.

I have never in my life tasted something as delightful as the (hummus &) onion chips! The refreshing fresh squeezed juice was divine. My husband & I enjoyed our experience so much, that we engaged our personable waiter and the chef about how our selections were made.

Everything we tried was complex and top notch, which is often not the case with veggie/vegan food if it's not thoughtfully created. (I am not one to enjoy bland food.) It was obvious that the staff was proud of their restaurant, as they well should be. We very much look forward to returning next winter!

• Visited November 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“Fresh, healthy, tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

When I was travelling in St. Pete Beach, I found it challenging to find foods that were organic and unprocessed, or at the very least, gluten-free, not fried, and not buried in sauces. I was craving fresh, raw foods and stumbled upon Vida de Cafe. It was a great experience. Both of the women working there were helpful and knowledgable about the menu. They didn't blink an eye when I asked for gluten-free food. The menu had a variety of gluten-free, raw, and vegan items. I tried the tacos and splurged for the "cheesecake". Both were fresh and light. Good flavors and textures. I am not a dessert lover, but I went back for the cheesecake, which was more like a thick mousse pie. Delightful! I will eat here again when I am in town!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere