“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Coconut Inn to your Saves list
Coconut Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   113 11th Ave, 113 11th Avenue, Historic Pass-a-Grille, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Orlando FL
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed at the coconut inn on the 4th of july weekend. We had a great time. the hotel is little and cozy. The rooms are well equipped and new, small, but after all, we only went back to sleep as we stayed out at the beach or around all day.
the staff was nice to us and we had no problem whatsoever.
the rooms are close to eachother so if kids go in the pool and are loud you will hear them playing around, but we were not bothered by them.
definitely recommend it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Cape Coral, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Coconut Inn at Pass-A-Grille, located at the extreeme south end of St. Pete Beach. The village is one of the oldest resort areas on the west coast of Florida and is full of quaint shops, art galleries, restaurants homes and cottages and a beautiful white sand beach. There are no high rise buildings, no hustle and bustle, just a laid back old beach town feeling. The Coconut Inn is a newly renovated small inn with studio rooms and suites with one bedroom and living room. All have full kitchens which are well furnished with all you will need. There is a lovely solar heated pool located between the two main inn buildings with a jacuzzi at one end and colored fountains feeding warm water into the pool. The staff is marvelous. Anna, the day shift innkeeper, met us and checked us into our room. She is wonderfully helpful and a most pleasant lady. Later in the day we met Eddie, Anna's husband. He oversees the night shift and is also one of the most genial hosts you will ever meet. The Studio room we occupied was spotlessly clean, furnished with a most comfortable bed , plenty of closet space (with hangers) dining table, dresser, night table and lamps. The room was more than comfortable. In summary, we will be returning to the Coconut often in the future and will highly reccommend it to our friends and family.
Thanks again for a wonderful time.
Mike and Shirlee Albers, Cape Coral, FL

Fort Smith, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

Pass-a-grille and the Coconut Inn were charming and exactly what we wanted in a beach location.
Our experience was nothing like the bad review a few days back, and I believe that we were there at the same time. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

The rooms are small but are laid out well, well-stocked and spotlessly clean. The sand does start to creep in after a few days at the beach, and I would have liked to have had a broom and dustpan in the room to clean up a little. I'm sure they would have been glad to accommodate us had we asked. Anna and Eddie were extremely nice as was Joe, the owner.

The pool is small but beautiful, very clean and well landscaped. I saw someone grilling on a very nice new grill while we were there so I am assuming that there is a grill available. The beach chairs were nice, but I didn't see any umbrellas. Maybe there were all being used during our stay.

There was no one in the office when we arrived at 10 pm on Thursday night, but I picked up the phone located outside the office door, was connected immediately with someone and was directed to our room. I was told that room number 8 was waiting on us, and he said not to worry about checking in until the next day. I took care of the details of checking in after a visit to the beach on Friday.

I loved the laid-back feel of it all. This is not the place to be if you are looking for non-stop action, but is the perfect spot for families or couples interested in a relaxed old-time beach vacation in a charming inn in a charming town. We will be back!

peoria,il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

rooms-very clean, new, decorated w/ikea frunishings. rooms are small but very nice.room had a kithchenette with a full fridge, stove, microwave.
entire inn is small, only 10 or 11 rooms. price was great!!100 per night and it is right across from the beach, a 2 minute walk.
service- outstanding. eddie and anna couldn' t have been nicer
or more accomodating.
pass-a-grille is very nice and reasonably priced. we loved it. in fact, we loved it so much we are giong back later in the year to get married on the beach and of course we will be staying at the coconut inn!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

Myself and my 5 year old daughter just returned from a two night stay at the Coconut Inn that was so disturbing I felt compelled to write a review immediately. The property does appear to be new and seems tidy when we arrived. You should be warned, however, that there are several things that made the stay really unpleasant and I would not want anyone to make a plan to stay there without knowing the following:
1. As mentioned by other reviews, the rooms are tiny, you might want to ask the dimensions when you call, the bathroom is so small I had to turn sideways to get into the shower.
2. There is no central air, it is a wall unit that is very loud when it kicks on which is frequent no matter what the setting.
3. There is a tiny pool that is steps away from the room, as another reviewer pointed out, there are no hours of use for the pool, there were kids playing loudly at all hours of the day and night, it was hard to relax in the room as the head of the bed is smashed up against the window which is just steps from the pool.
4. There is no one located on property so if you want to complain about this you must go down stairs and use an outdoor phone and wait for someone to show up I suppose.
5. When I called the owner this morning to discuss the noise issue he was sarcastic and kept speaking over me, eventually I hung up on him, which resulted in him sending his "manager" to my room in a gold chain and muscle shirt and telling me that "the owner says for me to tell you that if you plan on disputing the charges he is going to make things really hard for you". All of this was in front of my 5 year old daughter, she started crying.
6. Both nights I kept feeling something in the bed so the second night I got up and pulled back the fitted sheet to inspect as I was afraid it might be some sort of bug, it wasn't, but it was dirt, sand and long (and short) black hairs (my daughter and I are both blonde). When I showed this to "the manager" even he said "yeah, you got a legitimate complaint there".
The place looks clean on the surface, and hopefully after this review they will do a better job of cleaning the beds. The woman, Anna, that is on the premises during the day is really nice. She was friendly and kind and really nice to both myself and my daughter, she even carried my suitcase up the stairs which was so helpful. I think the positive reviews are coming from the people that dealt with her. But beware, the rooms are too small for the money, Pass-a-Grille is a lovely location and there are tons of rental places there that all looked lovely, you can do better and not risk a dirty bed or tiny room or noise issues or threatening treatment if you complain.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
SabalPalmsInn, Owner at Coconut Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2009
1 - Coconut Inn consists of small studios and medium sized studios. We also have one bedroom units and a two bedroom unit.. They are priced accordingly.

2 & 3 - Unlike most hotels in Pass-a-Grille, the Coconut Inn which is brand new has the latest, quietest heat pump/air conditioning systems. They are rated the quietest in the industry. The guest stated to us that she was wearing 32 decibel earplugs and could still hear a squeaking door somewhere but no other guests staying nearby nor the staff could hear what she was hearing.

4. A staff member is on the premises throughout the day and available 24 hours a day.

5. The guest called and identified herself as an attorney and stated she would not pay for the room based on the noises she was hearing in spite of her earplugs. We asked her why she had not contacted us or alerted any staff member on premises to any issues previous to the day she was checking out and she proceeded to scream, curse, berate and insult the owner and staff. After reminding us again that she was an attorney, reminding us that a negative review on Tripadvisor would be costly to our business and that she would sue us if we did not comp her stay we asked her to please leave.

6 -All our rooms are spotless and bedsheets are changed daily upon request.

We sincerely appreciate all the positive reviews and constructive criticism we receive from reviewers.
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

My family of 4 -- me, husband, 5 year old boy, 2-1/2 year old boy -- stayed at Coconut Inn for 4 days in mid-June. First 3 days in Room 7 on the second floor overlooking the pool, and one day in Room 6, on the side of the building (not facing beach). All the rooms have kitchenettes. Room 7 was slightly smaller, I think, but having the patio out front overlooking the pool was great -- we had breakfast and happy hour out there every day. Room 6 was slightly larger, but no patio, just a tiny breakfast table out on the walkway. With two small kids, we LOVED the lack of clutter in the rooms -- no knickknacks to break or mess up, just simple, clean design. The queen bed and its linens and pillows were super comfortable and the two chairs that folded out into twin beds were comfortable, too. I wish we could have this set up in every hotel we visit. The bathroom is teeny-tiny, but there is a small bathtub at the base of the shower, so we could still give the kids a bath.

My kids loved the pool the best. It's a perfect size -- sort of long and skinny, with a "spa nook" at one end, and jets of water shooting up in three spots on one side. Nice landscaping all around the pool. We spent almost every afternoon (after a morning at the beach) playing in the pool with the other guests. The only thing I might add is a BBQ grill for guests to use -- I don't think I saw one (and didn't remember to ask about it).

The caretakers -- Eddie and Anna -- were both very friendly and took good care of us. There are coin-op laundry machines in a room next to the office. There is a small parking lot behind the building, so you don't have to park in the street.

The location was even better than I expected -- one lot away from the main beach street (nothing in Pass-a-Grille is ON the beach -- everything is just across the street). It was maybe a 2 minute walk to the beach. We borrowed beach chairs from the Coconut everyday. They also have a collection of buckets and beach toys, and also beach umbrellas.

Our fellow guests at the Coconut Inn were a mix of families with kids, older folks, and younger couples with no kids. Everyone seemed to get along just fine. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Absolutely beautiful little Inn that my girlfriend and I actually stumbled upon on a Saturday afternoon trip to the beach. We inquired about vacancy and we were in luck! We were given the last room available, and we were expecting the WORST, everyone knows how it is, dark, dirty, sometimes seems like it's been forgotten about?

Not the case. Our room was gorgeous, beautiful wood flooring, large windows [to which our blinds were closed] cozy little kitchen and whole room was furnished from IKEA. Anna and Eddie were the nicest hosts we'd ever met and we really felt at home during our stay.

It's *literally* seconds away from the St. Pete Beach [Only about 50 yards away] but in the room, the rest of the world just melts away, it's surprisingly quiet.

I highly, highly recommend this quiet, gorgeous little Inn to everyone!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Coconut Inn? Share your experiences!