“very nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

nice quiet place beautiful pool with a waterfall very clean rooms friendly staff close to shopping and restaurants went to sea critters restaurant had a very good meal the trolly go by the motel every half hour

Room Tip: ask for poolside
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Maitland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed there as returning customers and not sure if we will stay there again. Despite the friendliness of the staff the bed bugs hell was awful. At first the room "seemed" clean but it sure wasn't. Even though when I called to report the issue there was no refund offered by any means. And I spent about $500 to clean the house and to cover the cost at the dermatologist and the antibiotic creme that was prescribed.If you stay there make sure you bring the LED light to check for the bed bugs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
diana106, Guest Relations Manager at Blind Pass Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I am so sorry that something bit you while on your vacation.
After your departure, upon finding out about your situation, we immediately called our pest control company. They came out the next morning to inspect this claim. They found NO BED BUGS.
That room has been on a DO NOT RENT list since you left and we decided to go ahead and treat the room anyway, incase what bit you was maybe a spider. That room has been treated every Wednesday since you left and will be for the next 3 weeks. After which, we will reopen the room.
Bed bugs leave a very distinctive pattern when they bite you. It looks like a zig zag pattern. Please realize that this was NOT BED BUGS, ( told to us by a professional pest control company we have been using for over a year) but possibly spider or mosquito bites.
We take this kind of claim very seriously, as we have worked extremely hard to build our reputation and make ALL of our guests satisfied.
Again, I'm sorry this happened to you, but there is PROOF that there never was bed bugs in the room, therefore I can not refund any money.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Staff friendly, place seemed clean, overall...we stayed 3 nights and now 2 of the 3 of us (who shared the same bed) have severe cases of bed bug bites (verified by dermatologist). Resort notified and they apologized, but offered no refund or credit for future stay. Location was okay, but I would not stay here again as I would want to be closer to beachfront. Writing this to warn potential guests to this "resort"...

• Stayed May 2014
diana106, Director of Sales at Blind Pass Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
This comment is from the same household as the above comment. Again, I am sorry that something bit you while vacationing, but, as I stated to your wife in the above comment, we had our pest control company come out the very next day. They inspected that room and found NO BED BUGS at all. Please read my above response about this same issue reported/commented by the same family.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was my wife and I's first time visiting the Saint Beach area. If you want a place that is close to trolley stops, restaurants, shopping, and beaches, this is a clean and economical alternative for you. This is exactly the type of accommodations to choose when coming to this area. We enjoyed the quaint, small town feel of the resort and its location. We were quite pleased with the staff and accommodations. The next time we come to the area, we will definitely stay with them again. Thank you for a GREAT STAY!

Room Tip: This area has everything from the big city feel in St. Petersburg and Clear Water to the quiet relax...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. I had a customer service issue that was resolved well and Bruce (the manager) displayed professional and respect the whole time while helping me. I would recommend to those that stay in St. Pete Beach to stay there during their stay.

• Stayed March 2014
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

MOST OFFENSIVE MOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER.

I am generally easy to please and accommodate, thorough with reservations and confirmations, and do everything I can to support small businesses wherever I travel.

I booked this motel back in the winter. There was some questions/discrepancies with my online reservation. I emailed with a question. No response. I called with a question. No response to the voicemail I left. I called later and talked to a person (finally). Whoever answered the phone said "Everything looks OK."

The owner Diane (Diana?) called me a week before my reservation and said... oh but there's a mistake! We only have a room for 2 and it says your reservation was for 4. I said, well, it's a week prior to Spring Break and so if you can let me know NOW if I need to find a new place, please do, but if you can just fix it and call me back either way, I need to know so I can fix the problem. She called me back and said "Everything is OK." I thought everything was fine. She seemed confident that it was resolved.

My brother called the motel to make sure everything was OK before he arrived... whoever answered the phone said "Everything is OK."

I called before my brother arrived to make sure his reservation was OK and the young man on the phone said "Everything is OK."

Guess what? My brother arrives on Saturday at 5pm... everything is NOT OK. The room is wrong and doesn't have enough beds for his family. They offer nothing to help. No discount. No alternate accommodations. Nothing. I ask to talk to Diana, the young man at the desk says .. "It's her day off." I want to laugh, but I'm too stressed. Guess what, I own a business and when you run a successful small business, you don't get to have a DAY OFF. Really?!?

Fine, we figure it out. His kids go to stay at a condo where other family members are staying. I am upset since I'm organizing a huge family meet up. I call and leave a message to ask Diana to call me back so I can talk to her about what she promised me. I'm upset, but the young man on the phone is sorry and says he'll leave the message for her. I feel bad for talking to him like he has any control over it, but really, he should have checked on the room to make sure that everything was OK. He sounds young and sorry. I'm upset. I decide to let it go.

My family was promised the correct room for their remaining nights. I thought that it would make up for the horrible experience thus far. I get a call from my brother saying that he went to check into their new room and they were sorry there were BEES IN THE ROOM THEY WERE PROMISED.

At this point, my brother is done with it and my whole family has to relocate to the condo I rented for a few other family members. But seriously. DON'T PISS ON MY LEG AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING (~Judge Judy?) Just be straight with me, people.

I'm from St. Petersburg. I love this area. I support so many great places in this area. Blind Pass Resort has to make some major improvements to how they handle these situations. I have NEVER written a review like this.

And Diana, if you see this, could you bother to call me back or refund the FULL PRICE you charged me for the WRONG ROOM on the first night? Thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
diana106, Director of Sales at Blind Pass Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
First of all, I would like to say I'm sorry your brother did not have a good vacation.
However, with saying that, I am thankful I get this opportunity to explain your "dissatisfaction" with our resort, and why you had "discrepancies" with your "online" reservation.
You made this reservation for your brother on Friday, January 11, 2014 ; @ 1:38 AM.
I received your reservation confirmation when I arrived to work on Saturday, Jan 11th, 2014 @ 9:30 AM.
I also received an email from you that stated you had made a mistake while making the reservation, and entered an email account that didn't exist. You gave me your correct email and asked me to resend your confirmation information to the correct email address.
I did.
This information included the "TYPE" of room you booked, ( 1 KING BED EFFIEIENCY)
along with other pertinent information. You immediately emailed me back to say that you needed a room with 2 beds. ( this was the "discrepancies" that started the emails)
I responded back and told you I'm sorry, but we were SOLD OUT of all 2 bedroom suites, and this is why you have a "discrepancy" with your "online" reservation.
I told you that you would be at the top of the list, should we have a cancellation for a 2 bedroom suite. I did not hear back from you.
3 days prior to your brothers arrival, I DID have a cancelation for a 2 bedroom suite. I called you to let you know that I would be able to put your brother in a 2 bedroom suite on the last 2 nights of his visit, but the first night would still be in the 1 KING EFFIEIENCY.
I'm sorry, I never received your voicemails. I'm also sorry that I was not on property the day of your brothers arrival. I have learned from this to make myself available at all times, even if I am not on the property.
As far as the bee situation goes, I had my housekeepers clean your brothers new room first on their list, after the guest checked out, so we could move your brother in the morning, as opposed to our normal check in time @ 3:00 PM. They noticed that there was a bee in the room and wanted our GM to get it out of there before your brother checked in to it. Your brother decided not to stay, even after telling him the bee would be gone in a matter of minutes.
Refund. We already refunded him $203.64 for the nights he did not stay, even thou we were sold out those nights. I feel we were honest from the beginning and tried our hardest to please you. I am sorry you were disappointed in us.
Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Jerry Jio What fabulous people to work with. I thought we had a major issue; they made it a minor issue; then actually reversed everything to a POSITIVE! I enjoyed myself immensely. Will return indeed

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Blind Pass Resort? Share your experiences!