“Mini Don CeSar :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Mini Don CeSar :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Diane & Bruce were wonderful.

This is truly a cozy getaway close to beach.

Nice swimming pool w/waterfalls open all hours ;)

I had the Honeymoon Suite room - like an apartment!

Will come back again for sure.

Room Tip: if you are here for romance, get the Honeymoon Suite ;)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Webster, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for 4 nights. I have to agree with some of the recent reviews that the management was kind & friendly but we had the same problem with internet connection in our room in the pool area & housekeeping. Room was clean when we arrived but they only made the bed (no change of sheets for 4 days) and replaced the bath towels (old, thin ones). They did not sweep the floor ether. I would recommend bringing your own bath soap. Although they did provide it, it was old and broke apart and did not lather. Unfortunately, I left a new pair of shoes in our room and was told when I contacted the resort, housekeeping said they did not find them. The owners have a great opportunity for a successful business so I hope they step up the housekeeping and update the daily essentials travelers use.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
diana106, Owner at Blind Pass Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your review, although very disappointing to me. First of all, I am so very sorry your visit was altered with mistakes by us. I take full responsibility, however, I would like to mention how your review has changed things.
First, we have brand new large "Resort style" towels now that came in this week, and we have gotten rid of the older towels. I am truly sorry this was not available to you during your visit, but I can assure you, new large towels are in every room now.
As far as your stay over service, again , I apologize. The housekeepers are to change the sheets every other day unless requested more frequently by the guest. The floor not being swept is also unacceptable. I have hired a "Head Housekeeper" that is starting this week so we can keep an eye on these mistakes before they happen, as every room will now be inspected by her as well.
We have a lost and found department that is very well kept and maintained. Just last week my housekeeper brought me a wallet left with $1,250. inside. I am so sorry your shoes were not found, we are all still keeping our eyes out for them.
If there is ANYTHING we can do to make this up to you, please call me directly and I will do anything in my power to make it up to you. 727-360-6737
Thank you so much again for your review.
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

After reading reviews we decided this might be the place for us. We stayed 4 nights. Cost was very reasonable. Although it had positive points, it had drawbacks as well.
The management was truly kind and helpful, gave great recommendations for routes to travel, restaurants to check out, best beach to visit and so on. Whenever we needed dishes, towels, etc. they immediately provided it. They were certainly the biggest plus.
The atmosphere was nice, we were in a courtyard room to be away from the center of activity poolside. (we were warned its more noisy poolside) We had neighbors above and below, but didn't hear much from them. Proximity to center of town and a grocery store were also great. Easy walk to both.
One drawback of our room was lack of wireless connection. It seems the stone walls of the corner rooms and the staircase blocked the connection. We had to go on the front landing outside to be connected. So if you need the Internet, avoid the corner rooms!
Another drawback was housecleaning. The room was very clean when we arrived, but barely touched after that. Towels were changed once, bed never made, nor floor swept.
Kitchenette was nice to have, but sparsely stocked with dishes. One pot, one pan, one mug, and lots of plates. The management provided willingly when we asked, but we hate to be " high maintenance". It was kind of like camping unprepared! I guess it depends on what you need to be comfortable.
We heard on our last day, that the management was new, and maybe still " learning the ropes." And all the particulars, like finding dependable housekeeping. I think they will settle in work out the kinks and be worth visiting.

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms if you need Internet!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
diana106, Owner at Blind Pass Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for all of your comments. I'm glad you had an overall good time, but that's not what we strive for. We strive for excellence and above and beyond service. I was very sorry to hear of your problems you had during your visit. I would like to thank you again for your comments, which without, would not alert us to problems we need to rectify.
To address the Internet/WIFI ; you were 100% correct. A guest (staying in the upper corner room in the courtyard also) alerted us to this problem last week, as we immediately called Bright House to come out and fix the issue. They are scheduled to be here on Wednesday.
As far as the housekeeping issue; I am honestly surprised by this. So far, we have only gotten rave reviews on our housekeepers. I am so very sorry they did not service your room during your visit. It is normal practice for them to do so on a daily basis. I will be holding a team meeting on this issue.
Pots and pans, glassware and plates will be replaced and replenished in every room by this Friday. And will, now, be on the housekeepers daily check list to keep better account of them.
Thank you so very much again for bringing these items to our attention.
If your ever back in the St Pete Beach area, please give us another chance to win you over.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights. We really enjoyed our poolside room. The pool had a relaxing waterfall and made it nice after being in the heat all day at the beaches. The management was so nice and went out of their ways to make our stay so wonderful, we grew to become very fond of them quickly. I would definitely stay again. I really recommend the poolside rooms. The hotel is not on the beach but is so close there is easy access to all of the surrounding beaches.

Room Tip: If you get a poolside room, it is literally steps to the pool!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My friends and I stayed for 4 nights. We were impressed with the quaintness of this old refurbished motel. We were able to prepare food while there. We really enjoyed our poolside room. The pool had a relaxing waterfall and made it nice to sit outside. The management was so nice and ready to help out with any questions or requests. I would definitely stay again. I really recommend the poolside rooms. The hotel is not on the beach but is so close and so is the lovely Blind Pass downtown area. Nice little shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose a poolside room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights, would have stayed longer if possible. Room was a lil small, but for the price, well worth it. Was quiet, and the owners were very helpful and friendly. I would stay again. Worth checking out.

• Stayed October 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I as supposed to stay a few days and ended up staying 2 weeks!! Bruce and Diane are most helpful. Island Time by the waterfall at the pool refreshed and restored. Inexpensive breakfast at the Hurricane in Pass a Grill watching the waves, I did't want to go home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Blind Pass Resort? Share your experiences!