First, I want to say that George S.'s review is on the money. I stayed for 4 nights and not once was my bed made or my room cleaned. I had to go to the office to get towels, toilet paper, etc. And I was greeted with the feeling that they were doing me a favor. As far as the room itself, the sleeping area was fine-no real issues there, except for the fact that this is the first place I've ever stayed that didn't have a clock on the nightstand. The bathroom was a bit old and not very functional. There wasn't so much as a hook on the back of the door to hang towels and I've never seen a shower/tub without a soap dish. The toilet had to be held down to flush and you had to make sure it flushed all the way, or it would be clogged. The sink area is just a pedestal-fine for one person, but could get a little tight for a family (there is a window ledge where you can keep toiletries). The ceiling paint was peeling and the fan vent was caked with dust.
As far as location, be aware that this motel is right on the main road. The courtyard photos on the website are actually a small area that is right on the main road. Rooms on the courtyard aren't more than a few yards from the road. Also, the beach is not in walking distance. There are several beautiful beaches nearby, but they are all a drive away (only a few minutes, but definitely a drive). Most hotels in the area are on one side or the other of Gulf Dr., the main strip along the beach-this one isn't. It's on Blind Pass Road-you can map it to see where it is in relation to the other hotels in the area.
Another odd thing about this property is that the office is only staffed from 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. So if you need anything before 9 or after 10, you're out of luck. Also makes an early checkout difficult.
One last note--it seems that there is a group of related people who appear to live there permanently-it's kind of a strange situation. On a positive note, the pool is actually nice, although the pool area is smaller than it appears in the photos. Again, while there is a wall to block it from the main road, it's still very close and you can hear the traffic whizzing by. You also have to walk out on the main road to access the pool.
The shame is is that this would not be a terrible place if some minor changes were made like staff attitude and availability and some minor investments in room amenities. Overall, I would not recommend this motel to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Blind Pass Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Blind Pass Hotel
- Blind Pass Motel
- Blind Pass Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blind Pass Resort is a quiet, family friendly resort-motel located on the island of St. Pete Beach, Florida. We are just a half mile from the beautiful beaches. Our rooms are updated, featuring flat panel TVs, kitchens, tile flooring. We have a gorgeous pool area for ultimate relaxation. Prices are affordable and rooms are meticulously clean! Friendly staff and management always on duty! We are here to make your stay in St. Pete Beach as comfortable as possible. Free Wifi, free parking, no cleaning fees or resort fees! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your Blind Pass Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.