Got there during a cold spell which is only relevant to note that the hotel was nearly empty. The location and the beach are great. All of the beach rental equipment went unused due to the weather. There were several disappointing things. First, as already mentioned, the $8 a day parking charge while most other businesses around there offered free parking. There was a parking attendant station but it was not staffed. It seems that during the off season with empty parking lots they could drop the charge. For parking spaces we competed against construction trucks, since some heavy construction is taking place. The other issue is the daily nearly $10 charge for internet for which they "blame" AT&T. Nobody told them to use AT&T and for sure they get a kickback. In the class they want to be, the internet should be free. They do however provide two free terminals in the "business center" which is a very small room. We had a very large room with a small balcony facing the beautiful sandy beach. However between us and the beach were some very tall grasses which should have been trimmed. From the second floor they were not an issue but assuredly they hampered the view from the guests on the ground floor. The very large room had a popcorn ceiling and several open spaces. It did have a small fridge but no microwave for which there would have been plenty of space and which is pretty standard even at Motel 6. I imagine it was a conscious decision to promt guests to eat at their restaurants. However there are plenty of other nice looking restaurants a short walk away, and within half mile there is Dolphin Shopping Center with a Publix supermarket which has a prepared food section. The same center has a Chickflix, a Dairy Queen, and a Thai, Chinese, and Pizza restaurants.
Compared to the room the bathroom is very small. The sink is actually outside the bathroom. The ceiling inside the bathroom is so low that the inside tub curtain drooped severàl inches within the tub. We took showers but it would be pretty disgusting if you were to want a bath.. The cheap tub squeaked as we moved to take the shower, indicating that it lacked the proper foam support under it. They screwed a couple of grip handles to the wall which hung over into the tub area and because of the tight space it was easy to hit them as we showered. The towels, on the other hand, were beautifully folded. It was nice to have the free safe.
If you drive into the area pack a lot of quarters because there are toll charges of about 50 cents each way. You can go through the change line but it's faster to just throw quarters into the recipient in the exact change line.
The price was very reasonable for the hotel, but there are so many other choices right there along the strip, so I hesitate to recommend it without looking at the other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 13 privately owned beachfront acres directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This St. Pete Beach resort is family owned and operated for three generations. There are 3 beachfront pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness center, kid's play area & arcade and many water sport options. Compass Grille is a casual dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rum Runners Bar & Grille is located poolside and beachfront for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Harry's Beach Bar is a local institution featuring a casual menu, lounge setting around a fire pit directly on the beach. Both beach bars feature live entertainment on the weekends. There is something for everyone from a pool cabana, a beach cabana or hammock and the sunsets are are always amazing in the Sunset Capital of Florida located on the #1 Rated Beach is the US. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Sirata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirata Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Hotel Sirata Beach
- Sirata St Pete Beach
- Sirata Beach Resort Florida
- Sirata Hotel
- Sirata St Petersburg Fl
- Sirata Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida