“Loved it!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

$479 All Inclusive
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
“Loved it!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2005

Our recent weekend stay at the Sirata was wonderful! My family and 3 others booked rooms for a weekend get-away. We couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more!!!!! Everything about the hotel facility was clean, well appointed, beautifully decorated, fairly priced and graciously staffed. We had breakfast, lunch and dinners on the property at the various eateries, and everything was delicious...the kids especially enjoyed the chocolate chip pancakes!!!!! When we were not poolside, we adults enjoyed the wonderful views from our rooms.....oceanside or city/bay view...both have something wonderful to offer while relaxing on the balcony. Our rooms all had kitchette facilities which were great for those quick drinks/snacks while in our rooms. We couldn't have asked for more. This hotel was exactly what we hoped it would be. Without a doubt, we will return again.

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2005

had a great week, staff excellent esp at the bar, v cute bartenders and v. attentive

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2005

The Sirata was wonderful all the way around! We travelled to Sirata for week for a small convention in mid September. We also celebrated my birthday. My husband (via the conceirge at the hotel) had flowers, champagne and a cheese tray awaiting when we arrived at 11pm the first night. What a great start! Check in was quick - we did pay the $10 a day to have our card punch-holed. THis allows you to park (regular $8/day) AND pays for the beach cabanas (regular $15/day!) It was worth it, be sure to ask. Also join the "club" via their website for some discounts.
The cabanas are wonderful - you can adjust them so you are in all shade or sun!
Room: we were in main building in the center on top floor. Great view of the fountains in the courtyard and of the beach for miles. Our room was in 3 sections: walk into the bedroom area with 2 double beds, TV, closet. Next was the bathroom : mirror and sink on one side, other side opened to bathroom/wc. Then step into the sitting area: fold out sofa, another TV and cabinet, and a kitchenette (microwave/refrig/sink) and small table. This room had the balcony w/ chairs and a great view. We loved our room!
Beach: very nice!! the area wasnt very crowded (like Clearwater was the day I went) Water still had a tinge of red-tide, but I didnt see any dead fish here. No waves, soft sand....long walks on beach and sunsets are to die for.
Restaurants: we didnt eat in any of them- we did use room service though. Great coconut shrimp ! They even brought a special dessert for my birthday - Vinh, the waiter was so nice. Room service was fast too
Bars: we had some great rum drinks by the larger pool.
Pools: we liked the larger pool, never crowded and had music in afternoons which was nice. The other pools were nice too. The hot tub by the smaller pool we found to be a nicer temperature and less crowded in the evening.
Things to see: We rented a boat and did an intercoastal tour for a day. We rented in Johns pass- dont miss seeing the shops here, great places to eat too! The intercoastal waterway is easy and we even went to a small island and also motored up to a restaurant for lunch. Very cool. There is even a McDonalds you can motorboat up too! ha.
Be sure to see the Winery. It was fun to try Key Lime Wine! Great gift shop there too. Easy to get to.
Fort DeSoto PArk: nice beach. It is a bit of a walk to the beach though. There were a few dead fish here and there. Lots of shells and lots of sanddollars in the surf-- you could just scoop them up.
Shopping: didnt do a whole lot of shopping other than the winery. There are lots of shops across the street and all over the strip there. IF you want some wine or buy liquor- Normans is the best, right across from Sirata!
Eating out: Beverlys La Croisette for breakfast and also Skidders were really great. We had dinner at the Salt Rock Grille (supposedly the best in area?) Food was terrific, but the place was very loud and not intimate...we opted to sit outside and it was wonderful--view of the water !
All in all, everything was wonderful for our stay. Anything we needed was provided with a smile. Floridians were all very friendly. Housekeepers were great, dont forget to take care of them!
Just 2 things Sirata could improve on: Fabric softener for towels...they were all very "hard".....and softer pillows. Nothing major to keep anyone away for sure!
Our convention group is certain to return next year and I look forward to it!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2005

I see all these raving reviews about the Sirata. I can't believe the reviews and wonder if they are written by the Sirata. For the rates the Sirata is charging in September - the rooms should be a whole lot nicer!

I called the Sirata Hotel directly and booked an Executive Suite. The Executive Suite is the most expensive room they provide and we decided we wanted a really nice room, so we went for the "Best." My wife was doing work for the federal government and so I requested a government rate. The Sirate discounted the $179 Executive Suite to $161. The $161 did not include the $8 a day parking fee or the $20 a night tax. When we got to the Sirata on Wednesday, Sept. 14 at about 11:30 AM we were told our room was not ready and that it could be until 4:00 PM until we could check-in. This was a Wednesday, off season, can you imagine a Saturday in season! The person at the desk was not very friendly and didn't seem to care about the customer. I had received an email from the Sirata that said they would pay the cost of gas back home. I showed the email to the woman at the desk. She didn't know anything about the promoation, so she got a manager after about 15 minutes to come to the desk. The manager said they would deduct the gasoline cost from the bill. I asked him when we could get in our room. He didn't offer us any more of a time frame about when we could get in our room. They gave us a beeper that they said would go off when our room was ready. At 2:00 PM we went back to the desk to see if our room was ready. We got a different woman this time. She looked at her computer and said that we had been assigned room 840. She said Room 840 was still dirty but the exact same room 838 was available. My wife asked her if we could see the room before we took it. The woman at the desk said this was the best room that they had. The Concierge Gail Pesic offered to take us to our room. Gail Pesic and a young maintenance man were the only nice people at the resort. Gail took us up to our room.

Let me describe our "Executive Suite." As you enter the room there are 2 queen size beds, a closet, a dresser and a television on the dresser. There is not a door separately this dark bedroom from the rest of the "Executive Suite." There are no windows in the "Bedroom." The sink for the bathroom is the next thing you encounter. It was on the right side room. It is a single sink. The toilet and shower were on the left side of the room. Again there was no door from the "bedroom" to the sink, and no doorway from the sink to the "Living Room." The Living Room had a small sofa, small coffee pot, small refrigerator and microwave. There was a TV and a dresser in the living room. There was a balcony - the door to the balcony didn't lock. When we called maintenance they said don't worry about the door not locking. We insisted that they fix it. The balcony was nice - however the view stunk! The room was direct Gulf Front, but the building we were in was set back behind several other buildings. Our building was the highest. When you looked out, you were looking at the top of the other buildings with there ugly pipes and trash. You could look at the Gulf but you had to look out over the ugly buildings. I don't know about other people but I expect a suite to have doors separating the living room, bedroom and bathroom. The suite was also very small. When we went to use the sink in the bathroom, we discovered that the sink did not drain very well, so that you had to wait a while to use the sink after the other person or else it was full of water.

What else - the door entry cards - did not work very well. You had to slide the card in and out about 10 times before the light went off on the lock allowing entry to the room. When I used the guest laundry - it took the $1.50 for the washer but didn't turn the washer on. I had to get the nice young maintenance man to come to the laundry room to give me my money back. One of the two saunas did not work. There are three pools but they are all very small.

When I went to check out from the hotel, the manager refused to give me the government rate and the gasoline discount.

I would not stay at the Sirata Hotel - if I were you!

The Tradewinds Hotel and the Holiday Inn are both next to the Sirata and both look very nice from the outside. My wife went to the Tradewinds Hotel to get a massage and have her hair done. The staff at the Tradewinds Hotel was very nice and she said the facilities were very good.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2005

Just got back Monday from the Sirata. I was really nervous about picking it over the internet but we were impressed immediately. There is another review on here called "Gross" and I think she way off.......she was probably rude right back.

The guards were always nice....and yes, sometimes there were cars in front of you but at least it is SECURITY. HELLO! They have weddings there and bands playing so people other than hotel guests get to come in. Paying for parking was a little strange for hotel guests though. Not sure what is up with that.

Our room was nice....overlooked the gulf on the 7th floor. Had a little kitchenette (microwave, small fridge, sink). Came in very handy with a 2 1/2 year old that craves milk constantly. The beds were uncomfortable.....but I find almost every hotel I stay at (except the Westin) to have beds that I don't like...so no shock there. The room was always cleaned when we returned.......garbage taken, beds made, new towels.

The food at the Mangrove Grill was pretty good. We ate there twice in 5 days. We also ate at the Steakhouse which was also very good. In walking distance to other places to eat...stores, etc.

The pools were great. We only used one and it was a little bothersome to have to walk to the other side by the other two pools to sign out towels but we just did it....we are pretty laid back.

All in all the staff was always really super nice and we would definitely recommend staying there to others.

• Stayed September 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2005

Everyone in the resort- from housekeeping to desk to bartenders-etc.--has been extremely helpful and courteous--even moreso since Sirata broke away from Tradewinds--a suite on the beach can't be beat---I am looking forward to my next stay---good snorkeling and shelling, too.

• Stayed July 2005
Harlow, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

The first room we were given seemed ok until we notice the huge lump of ice on the air-con unit and then the huge area of wet carpet. We complained and got moved to a room two doors down. This one had a horrible damp smell as seems to be common with a/c North American hotel rooms. We put the a/c on and thought we would see if this would help and decided if it still smelt in the morning we would complain again. We were getting ready to go and ask for another room change when my boyfriend was using the bathroom and the extractor fan burnt out immediately filling the bathroom then the bedroom with smoke. Our third room was a suite - much nicer, bedroom, bathroom and lounge/small kitchen area. This room was ok and made the remaining week a very enjoyable stay.

The only other problem was the building site opposite the hotel. Work started promptly about 8am each morning, so a lie-in wasn't possible. The hotel was situated on the beach, swimming pool facilities nice, and close to a handful of restaurants.

• Stayed October 2004

Been to Sirata Beach Resort? Share your experiences!