We stayed here as part of a group of people that used other hotels in the area. The Sirata compares favourably to some of the other hotels we saw.
First off, you get what you pay for. The Sirata ain't the most expensive and that perhaps reflects the dated rooms but that doesn't make it a bad place. Its clean, it was fairly quiet (you couldn't hear other rooms but outside people could be heard as they walked past your window, wasn't a problem for us, as it was only noticed mid morning and didn't hear anything at night). The a/c is old and is a bit noisy but we got used to it, so wasn't a problem for us.
Rum Runners bar is a nice spot but drinks are a bit pricey but not bad considering its a hotel. The food ain't bad either, not the best in St Pete Beach but by no means the worst and the slightly higher prices is reflected in the portion sizes.
Where this place does excel, is their staff, excellent, all of them. We had problems with luggage not making it off our flight. After the first night and no sign of our luggage, we asked if we could move rooms to be next door to our friends, so we could borrow clothes, toiletries etc. Not the hotel's problem but they arranged for this to happen and it made our lives that much easier. The room also had a great sea view that we did not have in the previous room. Due to many trips to reception, they knew we were anxious about our luggage (we were getting married the next day) but as soon as it arrived, it was sent to our room at 3.45 in the morning, which was at my request, so I didn't have to stress about it any more and therefore, get a better sleep!! They would have stored it for us, for it to be delivered at a more sociable hour! There was many small things that the staff did, that made our time their more enjoyable but I could be here all day.
Overall, this place probably wont be everybody's cup of tea but its really only the dated rooms that lets this place down and if you aren't going to spend all your time in your room, then this place is clean and has a lot going for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 13 privately owned beachfront acres directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This St. Pete Beach resort is family owned and operated for three generations. There are 3 beachfront pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness center, kid's play area & arcade and many water sport options. Compass Grille is a casual dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rum Runners Bar & Grille is located poolside and beachfront for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Harry's Beach Bar is a local institution featuring a casual menu, lounge setting around a fire pit directly on the beach. Both beach bars feature live entertainment on the weekends. There is something for everyone from a pool cabana, a beach cabana or hammock and the sunsets are are always amazing in the Sunset Capital of Florida located on the #1 Rated Beach is the US. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Sirata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirata Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Hotel Sirata Beach
- Sirata St Pete Beach
- Sirata Beach Resort Florida
- Sirata Hotel
- Sirata St Petersburg Fl
- Sirata Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida