From the moment we contacted Sirata and talked to their reservations staff to the moment we had to leave our experience was amazing!! I contacted Heather in booking several times asking multiple questions - she was courteous and helpful every single time! We checked in and within minutes John our Bellman had our luggage loaded and was cheerfully escorting us to our 8th floor magnificent room with an amazing view of the beach! (Every single time we saw John throughout our weeklong stay he went out of his way to say hello, check on us and make sure all was well!!) Our room - a suite with 2 queens in one room and a kitchenette with queen sleeper sofa in the other. The balcony was large with 2 chairs and a small table - the doors to the balcony opened up the full length of our room - it was breathtakingly beautiful. My husband and three grown children (21, 19 and 17) were quite comfortable for our weeklong stay! Our room was clean, well appointed and newly remodeled.
We bought the saver package with the cabana, parking and internet (we felt it was worth the price). Our first morning we walked down to the beach, checked in at the stand and were basking in the sunshine within minutes. The sand, the sun (it was cloudy and sunny but 75 throughout our stay) and the waves - it just doesn't get much better than that! The sunsets (we only got to see two as it was cloudy on the other days) were beautiful - breathtaking! That is the main reason our family decided to come to the Gulf side during our Florida visit! Oh yes - and the hammocks on the beach - they are everywhere and so very nice to lounge in with the ocean and the waves - wish I was there right now!!
We LOVED the fire pit and sat around it every single evening making new friends and enjoying quality family time! The pools were warm - the hot tubs were hot and clean. Pool/Beach towels were abundant (do not feel you need to bring towels from home - there are plenty of oversized beach towels for you to use) and always available. Harry's & Rum Runners were buzzing with live music (even on the weeknights as it was through the holidays - December 28 - January 4). Just a tip: the fire pit at Rum Runners was usually available even if the giant fire pit at Harry's was full - that area held our family of five quite nicely. We ate at every restaurant on property. Rum Runners was our favorite. Pauline, our server at Rum Runners made our visit complete - absolutely delightful and just so happy to help us with whatever we needed. She is a gem!
The area restaurants are within walking distance (Crabby Bills had the best grouper we could find - casual dining and absolutely delicious and just two doors down from Sirata!!) and the trolley stops right in front of Sirata (we only rode once as we had a car with us). There are lots of good shopping areas (local souveniers) within walking distance as well. We felt it was a great location all the way around - right in the middle of the strip.
Everywhere we went on property we were greeted - from the grounds people to the concierge the climate of the resort is just a happy place to be. We were so sad to have to leave to return to frigid Oklahoma!
The only area of weakness we found was the beach staff - they just did not seem happy to have to come out and do their job each day. The rest of the staff's cheerful attitudes made up for the weak beach staff but there is definitely room for improvement there.
Overall the Sirata was a 5! Just a wonderful, wonderful place to visit. Comfortable, clean and an amazing beach! My family cannot wait to return to this beautiful oasis!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 13 privately owned beachfront acres directly on the Gulf of Mexico. This St. Pete Beach resort is family owned and operated for three generations. There are 3 beachfront pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness center, kid's play area & arcade and many water sport options. Compass Grille is a casual dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rum Runners Bar & Grille is located poolside and beachfront for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Harry's Beach Bar is a local institution featuring a casual menu, lounge setting around a fire pit directly on the beach. Both beach bars feature live entertainment on the weekends. There is something for everyone from a pool cabana, a beach cabana or hammock and the sunsets are are always amazing in the Sunset Capital of Florida located on the #1 Rated Beach is the US. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire, Cancelon and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Sirata Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirata Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Hotel Sirata Beach
- Sirata St Pete Beach
- Sirata Beach Resort Florida
- Sirata Hotel
- Sirata St Petersburg Fl
- Sirata Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida