“Sirata Beach Resort: The Best Bang For Your Hard Earned Buck” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
St. Paul, Minnesota
“Sirata Beach Resort: The Best Bang For Your Hard Earned Buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2004

Visited the Trade Winds Sarata Beach Resort in June of 2003. We were looking for a nice, reasonably priced resort on the ocean and we were extremely happy with what we found. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready yet so they upgraded us to a suite at no charge. Yes, there is a daily fee to park, but if they don't have that, the locals fill the spots in effort to park near the beach.The suite was nice, it over looked the pool and the beach bar.The beach bar was a blast. Reasonably priced drinks with daily live entertainment. Joey the bartender makes a killer Miami Vice. The only downside is it closes very early. For the money, this place is unbeatable and I would recomend it to anyone. We are going back in May 2004 and cant wait.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2004

We were on vacation the last part of March & the first part of April......the weather was perfect and so was the beach & the pool area....very clean & peaceful... We had read the other reviews and was a bit worried...but in all honesty...We thought everything was great!
We were there for the warm weather, the tropical drinks, and the relaxation...we found everything we wanted....if you didn't have a great vacation it was your own fault!....Walk down to the German Boy Bakery...it was great.....we went there four times in six days....yum!...also drive up to John's Pass for the dolphin tour...much cheaper & we saw tons of dolphins....also worth the drive....the Dali museum in St. Peteresburg...go on Thursday night for a discount...OUTSTANDING!

London England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2004

We stayed between March 26 and April 4. This was the first time we had visited since the Sirata had returned to private ownership. What a great improvement we experienced - we found the staff more willing to assist and were genuinely more friendly than we had experienced when the resort was under the Tradewinds Banner.

Our room in Block 4 (suites) was clean and tidy and in good order and we had no problems whatsoever with daily housekeeping (which was not the case when it was under Tradewinds ownership).

Admittedly the resort was full but this did not stop the staff on the Front Desk from always having a smile and time to listen - the cabana staff did a great job every morning and made sure everyone was handled in strict order and did not allow queue jumping. The cabana is included in the resort fee and this is extremely good value having heard about friends who stayed at Marco Island around the same time and had to pay $20 a day (and on one day were told "it was too hot to put them out").

The concierge facility is new and helped us out on many occasions with suggestions for dining and day trips out.

All in all, we think the Sirata has improved a great deal and we have no hesitation in staying there again - it is extremely good value for money.

• Stayed December 2004
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2004

Left our lovely villa for a week by the coast. What a disappointment.
The room was so small, at least it was clean. When did they last refurb? When we got there were not allowed to use facilities at other Tradewinds. Sirata is now INDEPENDANT. We know why. Lovely view of the Avis car park. Non smoking room sinks of cigarettes. Still we are hear now will make the best of it. Would NOT use again.

Middletown, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Sirata from 3-24 through 3-30. We booked out trip through Expedia. Additionally, my daughter and two of her friends stayed at the Sirata 3-15 thru 3-19-04. Also booked through Expedia. Expedia does not offer the ability to book a specific room (i.e. King Smoking). You may request a specific room, but as it turns out Expedia does not always send the request to the hotel. Upon both my daughters arrival and my husband and my arrival, we were told by a very RUDE front desk staff, that those are only requests and they have a problem getting those "Requests" from Expedia. In my daughters case, they accomodated her "request" by moving her to a room with two double beds. In my case I requested a King Smoking. Upon pre-check in (rooms weren't ready at 2:30), the front desk staff informed me that I was getting a room with two double beds. I informed them that I requested a King Smoking room. They asked through whom I booked to room. I told them Expedia and they informed me of their problems with Expedia, but they would look and see what they had. The girl at the front desk then told me, "Yes, I found one, but it isn't ready yet." She handed me unactivated room keys and advised that we could use the facilities, but not charge anything to the room until the keys were activated. She then asked for my cell phone number and advised that she would call us when the room was ready. By 3:30, I hadn't heard, so we went back to the front desk. The original girl was not at the desk and we were told hshe had not put us in a King Smoking room, instead a room with two double beds. I informed the male desk clerk about my pre-check in and he called the original female clerk out of the back office. She then proceeded to tell me that she NEVER told me she had a King Smoking. She was loud and argumentative! I am absolutely positive that she indeed told me that and my husband was a quiet witness to what she told me! We ended up in a room with a beautiful Bay view with two double beds!
Wanting to sleep together, it was quite tight. The room smelled musty and the carpet was soaked in one spot of the room! Throughout the stay one elevator went down, we lost hot water (brown water spewing from the tap). The Consierge was wonderful, heard of our difficulties and attempted to calm me with coupons for breakfast and drinks, which the beach bars refused to accept! The resort fee included 5.00 per day for parking which was nearly impossible to find because of the restaurant located on the same property. For an addition 5.00 per day, you could use the fitness center, cabanna, and internet. Then there is 11% tax on the 60.00 resort fee. There is an adult pool and the staff attempts to keep that pool and hot tub kid free (their are two other heated pools for kids and their families), but as soon as the staff left the area, the kids piled back in. The facilities are beautiful, the elevators dirty and the room we had smelled. While I might go back, I would not book through Expedia again and would most definately make a pain of myself prior to arrival to ensure we got the room we intended to book!
No matter how rude the staff was! The beach is beautiful and probably the best part of the hotel! Gulf Blvd is a strip and there are PLENTY of hotels on this strip. Consider looking into the Trade Winds. Just make sure to ask questions of all and avoid Expedia at all costs!

Lisle, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2004

After reading the reviews of the Sirata, I had mixed feelings about our stay. Upon arrival and my request for an upgrade, we were upgraded to a suite instead of the standard room that we had prepaid for on Expedia.
The suite was very nice and very clean. The resort is beautiful. Great beach, great food and service from the beachside bar staff and front desk staff. I would highly recommend this resort to both families and couples.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2004

we recently stayed at the sirata from mar14-20.i booked by calling the hotel direct at 189.00 per night for a one bedroom suite including a full balcony. after booking the room i was reading some of the negative reviews on this site and quite frankly i was worried that perhaps i'd made a big mistake. nothing could be farther from the truth. we had a great time, the accomodations were more than satisfactory (and i'm quite fussy) the location is the best. i would definately recommend the sirata to anyone.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Pete Beach
Coconut Cove Resort
Coconut Cove Resort
#19 of 96 in Clearwater
4.5 of 5 stars 256 reviews

Been to Sirata Beach Resort? Share your experiences!