“Great Location and Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shell Island Fish Camp

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Marks
Shell Island Fish Camp
You added Shell Island Fish Camp to your Saves list
Saint Marks, FL   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint Marks
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Great Location and Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

While visiting the St. Mark's NWR and Wakulla Springs State Park, we found this little gem of old Florida. We stayed a couple nights in a "Park Model" which was clean and comfortable. The staff were very pleasant. The Shell Island Fish Camp is rather an electic combination of old motel rooms and more modern park models. Not sure about the motel rooms, but definitely very satisfied with the park model. While we were concerned a group of fishermen next door who were "partying" might be a bit noisy, we heard nothing in our room, very quiet.

Room Tip: Go with the park model
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have fished Shell island 4 times a year from 2003 until 2010. Fished 2 times since then, Home away from home(Norcross, Ga.). Have been told I have approx, 1 yr. to live with colon/liver cancer. Will go and spend a week with Jimmy and the gang while I am still able sometime in Feb/Mar 2013. Might not be able to fish but will enjoy hanging out and enjoy their company
and friendship. Have fished with all the guides through the years. Great bunch of guys. Knowledgeable and friendly. Have fished from Cedar Keys to Mexico Beach since 1978 and
enjoy Shell Island the best. Good fishing and relaxing after day of fishing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Bethlehem, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

went down with 15 other fellows for fishing trip had 3 cabins and two rooms had a blast rooms were clean plenty towels avavaible caught plenty of fish would reccomend fish camp to anyone who loves the florida gulf coast. been coming to this area since 1972 seen changes but mostly for the good!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Took me back in time and reminded me of some of the places I stayed with my parents as a young kid. Time has not changed the Fish Camp. Great area that has not been over run with asphalt, chain hotels, and Wal-Marts. If you like Old School this is the place to stay. Owners are friendly and make your stay very enjoyable. Will be back as much as time will allow.
Remember....."skeeters" are native to the area so go with a good supply of deet.

Room Tip: Rates very reasonable. If you do not require stove and separate sleeping rooms suggest the park mode...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Monroe, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I have been coming to Shell Island since I was 9 years old 1976. My family enjoys coming to Shell Island to fish. Everyone at Shell Island treats you like family, that makes it enjoyable to stay there with my family. I took my 8 year old son in Oct. of 2009 for his first trip to Shell Island to fish and he enjoyed so much we are headed back there on the 15th of Oct 2010 and the 29th of Oct, for two more fishing trips. My bubbies and I are taking our sons on the 15th and the entire family will go on the 29th. I cann't think of another place that I enjoy more than Shell Island. Allen I hope you and Ruthie enjoy your retirement,as well as Ken, Jimmy and Sherie look forward to seeing yall in a couple of weeks.

Matt Greer Monroe Ga.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We visited over memorial weekend, with kayaks and bikes in tow. We selected this place for location, what we thought was value, and the quaint little fish camp itself.

Well we could've overlooked the mold on the shower curtains, and the roaches and skeeters in the room upon entering, "during daylite". The room was NOT clean, and clean is pretty cheap, and of great value, in my book.

The topper for me was something as simple as coffee. Gotta have it in the morning. No pot in the room, which is fine. But, there was a pot in the office, where they take donations for the coffee. My first cup was bottom of the pot, but I still donated a buck. When asked if I could make a fresh pot, the reply was: Are you gonna drink it all? I said probably not... And the reply back was, No, it's 9:30 in the morning, and we aren't gonna waste it....! UnbelievABLE customer service reply! I had no reply, cuz I was speechless.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocala,FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

My husband and I decided to ride the St Marks/Tallahassee State Trail and chose this place to stay. We were very pleased. We were just down the road from the trail and rode to Tallahassee and back. Had dinner and lunch at 2 different restaurants in this small town.

The Fish camp has a motel as well as cabins. When I called I was asking about a motel room but the nice lady who I talked to indicated that they had "Park Models" and that they were closer to the water. They were only a few dollars more so we chose one of those. It was a small park model trailer with 2 double beds, small kitchenetter and front porch. We parked our truck right at the front of it and felt very comfortable leaving our bikes on the truck. We ended up staying 2 nights and visited the lighthouse and several wildlife management areas. The camp has boat docks as well as boats for rent along with a small store for supplies. Next time we might rent a boat.

Overall, very nice trip and we recommend this place to stay.
Looks like many boaters already know about it as it was very busy.

Been to Shell Island Fish Camp? Share your experiences!