“Nice atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Fostoria, Michigan
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Blue Parrot has a great beach vibe going on. We ate on the decking closest to the water and even at 7:30pm at night it was still a warm night and it was great sitting out by the beach. Our waitress was great and even though they were absolutely swamped with people she was attentive and I didn't think the food was too slow arriving. The food was what you'd expect at any typical seafood restaurant. It was the best seafood I've ever had, but it was pretty good. Between the 10 of us I think several of us ordered something different so we could all sample each others meals. The fresh oysters were very good and everyone who got fresh fish said it was quite good as well.
The only concern I had was for the amount of money they charge (and I'm used to eating out, so I'm not necessarily complaining about the prices) I thought it could've been a little better done as far as serving. What I mean is for the salad course we got a small dinner salad on a small flimsy paper plate. Most of the meals were served in baskets, though I think the catch of the day was on a plate. I've never gone to a sit down restaurant before and had my salad served on a paper plate. All the utensils were plastic. I understand that when you are serving the amount of people they are in a night they are trying to economize and maybe save some time in the kitchen, but if I'm paying at least $15 a plate then I would at the least expect a real salad on a real plate with real utensils.
All that said, I would go there again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Will NEVER go back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

There arent many choices on St George Island and Blue Parrot is right on the water so we figured we'd give it a try. My husband and I sat for 15 mins while at least 4 servers walked right by our table, no one acknowleging us. They'd look at their watches and walk right by us like we were there at a bad time. Mind you, it was 4pm and we had just rolled off the beach and were ready for some cocktails and munchies. The place wasn't busy so I finally went to ask someone about getting service. She said she'd send someone right over. As we continue to wait, we see a female server on the far side of the bar sitting with a patron and eating off his plate. A manager then comes out and she gets up from her seat and goes toward him, he asks her if we were sitting at a table in her section, and she says "no". He asks her again, who's table we were sitting at and she replies that "it wasn't her table last night, but it was today." He looked as baffled as we were with her response but it was evident to us she didnt want to wait on us. It was an uncomfortable situation to be in as a customer and we weren't going to spend a dime of our hard earned money at this establishment. The food and drinks are way over priced for that kind of service. We got up to leave and the waitress and manager came after us and offered us a "drink" but at that point we weren't comfortable staying. I'm sure her shift was probably almost over and she was trying to get out of there. But they did us a huge favor because we drove 15 minute drive to Apalachacola to The Owl where they actually appreciate your business, provide great service and the food is dynamite! Ask for Bonnie, she took great care of us! My advice is to spend your dollar somewhere other than the Blue Parrot. I'm a professional corporate trainer so this is my area of expertise and we will never go back to this restaurant!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Best Outdoor seating on the Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Ate here a few weeks ago. The food was decent enough, though I thought the seafood was frozen. Their was better food to be had on the island; however, this restaurant has great outdoor seating right along the beach. If I had one place to eat at again, it'd be here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenwood, Arkansas
“Best dinner on island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Gulf front dining on grouper by the tiki bar and orange dreamsickle cocktail for dessert. I could eat here every night.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Germantown, TN
“Still Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We visit the Blue Parrot every time we go to St. George. The view is just the best on the island, and the food, while standard and not particularly creative, is always fresh caught and carefully prepared. Our grouper basket was delicious, and the fries are those homemade fries with the skin still on. Having traveled all over Florida, this place is still in running with some of the best.

The Tiki bar too is just excellent.

Visited April 2013