My husband surprised me with a trip to St. George Island for my b.day/anniversary. I think he was more surprised than I. Our room was filthy. We had paid for a gulf view with a hot-tub ($150.00 + tax per night). What we got was a room with a kitchenette that we had no intention of using (only could stay 1 night), a bathroom so small, my husband who is 6'2 had to get on his knees to shower (no hot-tub) and the view of the gulf was blurred by windows that were so filthy we could not see through them. We requested another room but they were booked and could not get one nor a refund. This was really dissappointing to us due to fact that this has been our first alone trip since our daughters was born 7 years ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently updated, queen and king beds, non-smoking, outdoor swimming pool, grills, conference room, kitchenettes and regular rooms. Family environment. No pets please. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneer Hotel St. George Island
- Buccaneer Hotel Saint George Island
- Buccaneer Motel Saint George Island
- Buccaneer St George Island