“The Buccaneer is still a good deal after all these years!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Buccaneer Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. George Island
Buccaneer Inn
160 West Gorrie Drive, St. George Island, FL 32328   |
Tallahassee, Florida
“The Buccaneer is still a good deal after all these years!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Buccaneer Inn has been a St.George Island institution for many years. We used to come with our now-adult children when they were little. The location is terrific...right on the beach and in the center of the island. The Blue Parrot is almost next door. The Buccaneer has a pool, nice deck facing the beach, & boardwalk down to the beach. It's old, but clean & well maintained. Upstairs rooms get warm in the afternoon.

• Stayed June 2013

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mason, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having been to St. George Island previsouly we were excited to come back. We planned to stay at the hotel rather than rent a beach house as it was going to be just my husband and I instead of the entire family.

When we checked in to the hotel I was given the price for the week (6 nights +1 free night) with our 55 and older discount it was going to be just about $550 plus tax etc. Our invoice showed $550. When we checked out early (it was really cold) after 3 nights we were charged the full room rate. I corrected the employee and was informed I had been given the standard room rate and because I didn't catch it at check in they would not honor the 55+ rate. I showed her the room charge I was shown when I checked in and she told me it was an error, the charge was for 5 days at the standard room rate. How was I to know? They refused to correct my room charges and I overpaid them $75.

Our first night was interrupted by spring breakers returning from the bars at 2:00 a.m. and partying in the adjoining room. We tried to call the front desk, but the phone was not operating. They graciously moved our room the next day.

Our last night was interrupted by hammering and drilling at 11:30 p.m. in the room above ours. Again the phone did not work. My husband searched and found the room was being lived in by a maintenance man and he was hanging pictures.

I would not stay here again. The rooms were clean and nice for the age of the hotel. However, it is managed poorly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these St. George Island hotels

South GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited SGI and stayed at the Buccaneer Inn Easter weekend. Checked in Thursday and left (sadly) on Sunday. My stay was once again, great! I usually stay on the ground floor, parking lot side, just for convenience, but was on the 2nd floor this trip. The room was fantastic, pool view, and as always, just steps away from the beautiful Gulf! Thanks for a wonderful birthday vacation! I'm already looking forward to my next trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just left from here and I must say, it was perfect. They don't offer wifi, but then again it is VACATION. The whole point is to get away from all that. They're right on the beach and a block or two away from everything. The younger girl that checked us in was as nice and pretty as could be. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Mountain Home, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had booked this hotel for a one-night stop on our way to Disney World.
Wanting to be away from the hustle and bustle of spring-breakers, we chose this hotel on the "forgotten coast".

Besides the location on the beautiful beach, and a mini-fridge, this was a no-frills type of place. But for under a $100 per night on the beach, it met our expectations.
No breakfast or wifi or area info that I could see, but if those things keep the price down, so be it.

The decor was a bright beachy theme in our room, which was quite cheerful, if a bit outdated. The girl who checked us in was very pleasant, and it was pretty quiet for a hotel that was booked solid during spring break!

If they had thrown an extra couple of pillows on the beds, it would've been great. That's really my only complaint, and we could have asked, but didn't.

We would definitely return in warmer weather to stay again!

• Stayed March 2013
Carrollton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at the Buccaneer recently knowing it was an older facitliy; I have to say this was one of the cleanest places we have had the pleasure of renting. I would highly recommend you staying here. We reserved one of the beach front rooms with a balcony. Wonderful to wake up to the sound of the water! Loved it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed here because of a family wedding and they were very helpful to me. I left some things in my room and when I called they went right to my room and found them and mailed them back right away! I was so impressed I mailed a tip. The room was nice and the bed very comfy and was an older one that was built in the sixties.. The wedding there was awesome! The water was beautiful!

Room Tip: I stayed in 123 which was gulf front and woke up with the sea gulls flying around the ocean. Nice...