“Great fishing advice” 5 of 5 stars

Pegram, TN
33 attraction reviews
“Great fishing advice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I went in seeking advice on the where, what & when of catching fish on SGI. They could have been rude & tight-lipped, then tried to sell me on every single item in the store. What I got was great conversation and advice which caught me LOTS of fish (whiting, trout etc) and all they sold me was about $12 of stuff. It was exactly what I was looking for and went back later in the week to buy more bait and supplies when I needed it, even though it was out of my way to do so. Check 'em out.

Visited July 2011

Ocala, Florida
“Island Outfitter on Saint George Island, Florida”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

We rented a sea kayak from Island Outfitters on Saint George Island, Florida. The five day rental was $160. It was due back on Friday at closing. We were visiting with family and were late getting the kayak back and they were already closed. We returned the Kayak first thing Saturday morning as the shop opened. They were very belligerent and tried to charge us a $225 late fee. That is $225 for one night in which the shop was closed and they could not have rented the kayak to anyone else anyway! They admitted that they had not lost any rentals because we returned the kayak first thing in the morning so they lowered the fee to $112.50 which was still ridiculous. They were clearly trying to soak the tourist for every nickle they could. Travelers beware.

sgioutfitters, Owner at Island Outfitters, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
Unfortunately what bbinocala failed to mention is a call was made to him as we were closing and his kayak was due back as it was rented out again and he inconvenienced another customer. I could only leave a voice message. I waited 20 minutes after my shop was closed for him to show up. He never showed. When he did return the kayak the next day, I reduced my late fee by half.

I could not rent the kayak and lost a rental because of his late return.

He did sign a contract and it was all spelled out and I do make sure that the customer is aware of the late fee. We are very conscientious and want to provide fun for your vacation please do no let this one review tarnish our wonderful reputation.