“very pleased” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 A1A Beach Boulevard, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32080   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Online & Save
New York City, New York
“very pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I traveled to St. Augustine for a long weekend and was totally pleased with the room and service provided by the staff at this hotel. No bed bugs, no roaches, clean sheets and bedding, no funky odors, roomy with stylish decor and a clean carpet. Located across the street from the beach it was a fabulous location even if it didn't have an ocean view. 5 minutes to St. Augustine proper and to shopping, I would heartily recommend staying here to any one of my friends who travel. Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We were in St. Augustine for a family wedding, our family group took up most of the 1st floor of this hotel. It is obviously an old hotel that has been remodeled and billed as a Hilton Garden Inn- it was not originally built as one. From what I could gather on Trip Advisor, this hotel is about the best there is on St. Augustine Beach. There was one new hotel, Castillo Real, but the rates were high and even with a group discount they didn't come down much, so we decided on Hilton Garden Inn. It had cosmetic updates but could really use an over haul. In our room, in the bathroom, they had taken out a ceiling light fixture, put another one up, left the hole from the removed one, and slapped some off white paint over the area - you could clearly see the difference in the paint colors. The wall paper was peeling off in the bathroom. We had a roll in shower (at my request) and in the bottom corners of that it was rust colored and nasty- not getting cleaned well enough, I think it would've come off. The carpet did look new, tho', which is a big thing with me. The bathroom sink didn't drain at all- you couldn't get the little stopper thingie to stay up and we tried everything, it's obviously broken and I am sure they have had many complaints about it from others that previously stayed in the room so just fix it for pity's sake- it's gross brushing your teeth or washing your face and the water isn't draining down.

Because we were there with a bunch of family, we hung out on the smoking patio (a nice touch for me) and we weren't out of rooms til about 3:30pm the 1st day. My husband asked them if they could clean the room at 4pm and we were told that they would. We returned to the room at about 10:30pm that night and guess what- room wasn't touched! That REALLY bugs me- as a mom/wife etc., not having to make the beds, clean up everything, is a big draw in staying at a hotel for me, so I wasn't happy. I called the front desk and the "manager" with a very heavy accent that I could barely understand of course did not apologize- first he said we had the DO NOT DISTURB sign on, then I explained that my husband specifically went to the front desk when we left that day and asked for service. So he starts in, "That was not the agreement..."- I don't know what the heck he was talking about- we didn't have a written contract, just requested room service. He NEVER apologized, but blamed it all on us- should go back to Hotel Management School 101-- you don't blame the customer. We needed all new towels, a key that worked and toilet paper and he did bring us that, but I am still irritated about that incident.

Breakfast is good but not included- 9.00 or 10.00 extra, but we did eat there due to convenience and it was fine. Everyone else as far as staff was very friendly and helpful.

It is not an ocean front property, but we knew that and we didn't care.

Also - the jacuzzi was broken for entire stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Tavares, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

hotel was great! was upgraded on arrival, staff was very nice, room was clean, service was very good. this place is an "inn" so it feels more like a hampton or holiday inn express but the bed is much more comfy an they have room service. they DONT have bell or wait staff, you bring all your own things in. Maid service but no turn down service. Breakfast in the morning is not free itis 895 -15 95 per person, but the BRFST bar feels like the hampton were you eat for free! they have someone there who will cook what u want tho, eggs etc. the bed was very comfortabe and i love the fact that there was plenty of parking and no fee. the hilton downtown charges $18 per day to park! From the beach u are like 10 min away from all the attractions, quick ride and worth the savings in parking. when u get to downtown, take the GREEN trolley, take a tour of all 22 stops and then get off at the attractions u want to see. i LOVED the trolley, it runs every 15 min. everything here closes early, so if you eat late u are OUT of luck! most food downtown is closed by 9 pm! loved the city, everyone was nice and i would stay at this hilton again

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

The hotel is only one block away from the beach. The room with King size bed was big but bathroom was small. The breakfast was provided through Priceline. Otherwise, you would pay about $9 per person. It had a good variety of food to eat.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Olympia, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This is the Hilton Garden Inn on the beach or A1 road about five minutes from town. I wanted to make that clear as there is another one right in town. You can walk to the beach from this hotel. This chain are all pretty much the same as far as decor in rooms, lobby, etc. This one did offer cold lemonade besides coffee, and also cookies.
I prepaid our room and breakfast through an Internet deal. A very good price. I had read several reviews here about individuals having problems with their paying for their breakfast, however, when they checked in, the desk clerk commented that they had not, or it was not in the computer. I decided to print out my entire confirmation which stated I had breakfast included in my stay. Sure enough when we checked in I said, "The reservation shows breakfast is included, correct?" The answer was "No Madam, not for that price." I then pulled out my paper with the printed confirmation and the info, and then he added it to the computer and gave me the little tickets for breakfast!

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed 2 nights. We live on the west coast of florida but love St. Augustine. We visit often and usually stay in the historic district but wanted to stay on Anastasia Island (which is where this hotel is located), for a change. The staff - very pleasant and met our needs for any extra we asked for. Check in and out was fast and easy. The pool was a decent size for the hotel size but could have been a bit cleaner...that's a big issue with us...since we have a 7 year old that LOVES to swim....The breakfast seating was a big down point as seating is very limited so we brought our breakfast back to the room, no big deal....but they could have atleast opened the confrence room for overflow....The rooms were clean the mini fridge and mini micro were important... Try "Rita's" a little ice cream shop across the street--YUM! and publix is just down the road if you need anything. Atlantic Ocean is also just across the street...and Down town is a nice quick drive....All in all it was a good stay

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

A little pricey for a non beachfront property but good staff and a clean room

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach? Share your experiences!