“Great Place.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort

You added Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   860 A1A Beach Blvd, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32080   |
Special Price
Fall Sale - Save 20%
Central Florida, Florida
“Great Place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was a one night stay to go to a nearby concert. The hotel allows pets which was great. It was cheaper than boarding my dog. The hotel looks a bit dated but the room was nice. The bed was very comfy and the staff was helpful and nice. The pool area was very clean and updated and the ocean is RIGHT THERE! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that our hotel met all of your needs on your mini vacation. We are conveniently located about 3 miles from the St. Augustine Amphitheater concert venue. This makes us the ideal hotel for anyone traveling to concerts in St. Augustine. I'm also glad you enjoyed our direct beach access. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Glendale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Everything was perfect. We were there for 4 nights & the staff was excellent in every way possible. We were there for a family birthday party. The food & service was exceptional. The pool & beach access was just right. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Matthew B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your birthday with us! We always enjoy it when our guests take advantage of our meeting space and catering services. I will certainly pass your complements on to our staff. As you mentioned, our direct beach access and our large pool are great perks for staying with us, and i'm glad you enjoyed them. We hope to see you again in the future!
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The location of the resort and the value were excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would rate the overall experience very good. The hotel resort was dated , showing its age. The proximity to the water resulted in a damp musty smell in the room, again mostly due to the hotels age of furnishings and carpet. However were I to plan another trip and wanted to stay at a beach side resort I would stay at Holiday Isle again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear we met all of your needs for your recent vacation. Any issues such as rooms being musty can be easily resolved if the issue is brought to our attention. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to address any concerns you may have while staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again in the future.
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

ccwc55 Rooms are spacious, and loved the location. We were able to get oceanfront for one of the nights and loved it! The second night was oceanview with no balcony and was adequate. We were pleased with the staff and having cooler ice provided upon our departure.

Room Tip: Higher than the 2nd floor is better
Green Features: I was happy to see the recycle bin , but would like something for plastic bottles too.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you very taking the time give our hotel a review. I'm glad you found the rooms to be spacious, and our location to be ideal. We are conveniently positioned directly on the beach, which makes for a nice relaxing getaway. Our oceanfront rooms come equipped with a private balcony directly facing the beach. These are our most popular rooms so we suggest reservations as far in advance as possible. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!
Forida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am the General Manager of a very upscale country club on Florida's east coast and in so, can be very critical in my evaluation of other facilities. I can say that the staff at this hotel acted just the way I demand my staff to act at the Club. I did not pass one single housekeeper or maintenance person the entire weekend who did not greet me with a friendly hello and a big smile. The room although a little dated, probably refurbished several years ago and by no means original, was spotless. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in! it was made with care and the pillows arranged in a way that showed extra effort. Every day of the stay. Bathroom was cleaned daily and plenty of fresh linens provided. As far as I am concerned, the front desk manager, Matt went out of his way to satisfy my room request. He offered me several options but was sold out of the exact room I wanted.. when he said he would keep an eye for an opening he was not kidding. He called me a week later on the day of my arrival to let me know he had the room I wanted open up! No other hotel would have remembered my name 5 minutes after I made the reservation not to mention my room preference a WEEK after my conversation with them. The price was appropriate for the quality. I checked all the reviews and this hotel received many high ratings and review well above others that were twice as much money for the stay. To the one person I see who commented disgusting..... They should go to the Ritz and pay 500 a night. For everyone else, if you don't mind "slightly" dated accommodations that are way offset by the rest of the experience... stay here, you will not be disappointed! I will go back again.

Room Tip: Call plenty of time in advance... the Ocean View rooms are spectacular, the balconies are great. You...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our entire staff I would like to thank you for giving us a 5 star review. I'm thrilled to hear that your vacation was a 5 star experience, and that our staff lived up to your expectations. Your review is very detailed, and we certainly appreciate all of your compliments regarding our cleanliness, friendliness, and attention to detail. You are more than welcome to contact me personally any time you wish to come back to our hotel, and I assure you I will work just as hard to meet all of your needs.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was hesitate about going to this resort after some of the reviews, we got a excellent deal on Social Living so we decided to give it a try and glad we did. The service from staff was excellent, the beds are comfortable, clean linens and towels. We enjoyed our girls weekend and had a wonderful time at you Resort, very comfortable. Thank you so much. The Sunset Grille very good, best breakfast we enjoyed Café 11 not usually into buffets but very fresh ingredients. Try the Tomato basil Bisque to die for.

Room Tip: 4th Floor away from hotel on left side, construction on right side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for giving our hotel a 5 star review! We are so glad you and your friends had a good time with us. We appreciate your compliments about our hotel and our staff., and i'm glad to hear that the bad reviews you read did not stop you from coming in with an open mind. Any issues that are brought to our attention are immediately addressed. The living social promotion is a fantastic deal, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everything about our stay was perfect. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. We brought our dog and the staff took the time to greet her and make sure she was happy. Overall a very positive experience. Great omelet, strong coffee and prompt service. A+++ job Holiday Isle!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments about our hotel, our restaurant, and our staff. We love hearing such positive feedback from our guests. I'm glad you found the rooms to be extremely clean. We recently added tile to all of our pet friendly rooms to ensure they are as clean and comfortable as possible. Hopefully you and your dog will come back to visit us very soon.

Been to Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!