“Great Location and Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort

You added Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   860 A1A Beach Blvd, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32080   |
Offers & Announcements
Save 10%
Tampa
“Great Location and Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The location of the resort and the value were excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would rate the overall experience very good. The hotel resort was dated , showing its age. The proximity to the water resulted in a damp musty smell in the room, again mostly due to the hotels age of furnishings and carpet. However were I to plan another trip and wanted to stay at a beach side resort I would stay at Holiday Isle again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear we met all of your needs for your recent vacation. Any issues such as rooms being musty can be easily resolved if the issue is brought to our attention. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to address any concerns you may have while staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

ccwc55 Rooms are spacious, and loved the location. We were able to get oceanfront for one of the nights and loved it! The second night was oceanview with no balcony and was adequate. We were pleased with the staff and having cooler ice provided upon our departure.

Room Tip: Higher than the 2nd floor is better
Green Features: I was happy to see the recycle bin , but would like something for plastic bottles too.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you very taking the time give our hotel a review. I'm glad you found the rooms to be spacious, and our location to be ideal. We are conveniently positioned directly on the beach, which makes for a nice relaxing getaway. Our oceanfront rooms come equipped with a private balcony directly facing the beach. These are our most popular rooms so we suggest reservations as far in advance as possible. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!
Forida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am the General Manager of a very upscale country club on Florida's east coast and in so, can be very critical in my evaluation of other facilities. I can say that the staff at this hotel acted just the way I demand my staff to act at the Club. I did not pass one single housekeeper or maintenance person the entire weekend who did not greet me with a friendly hello and a big smile. The room although a little dated, probably refurbished several years ago and by no means original, was spotless. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in! it was made with care and the pillows arranged in a way that showed extra effort. Every day of the stay. Bathroom was cleaned daily and plenty of fresh linens provided. As far as I am concerned, the front desk manager, Matt went out of his way to satisfy my room request. He offered me several options but was sold out of the exact room I wanted.. when he said he would keep an eye for an opening he was not kidding. He called me a week later on the day of my arrival to let me know he had the room I wanted open up! No other hotel would have remembered my name 5 minutes after I made the reservation not to mention my room preference a WEEK after my conversation with them. The price was appropriate for the quality. I checked all the reviews and this hotel received many high ratings and review well above others that were twice as much money for the stay. To the one person I see who commented disgusting..... They should go to the Ritz and pay 500 a night. For everyone else, if you don't mind "slightly" dated accommodations that are way offset by the rest of the experience... stay here, you will not be disappointed! I will go back again.

Room Tip: Call plenty of time in advance... the Ocean View rooms are spectacular, the balconies are great. You...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our entire staff I would like to thank you for giving us a 5 star review. I'm thrilled to hear that your vacation was a 5 star experience, and that our staff lived up to your expectations. Your review is very detailed, and we certainly appreciate all of your compliments regarding our cleanliness, friendliness, and attention to detail. You are more than welcome to contact me personally any time you wish to come back to our hotel, and I assure you I will work just as hard to meet all of your needs.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was hesitate about going to this resort after some of the reviews, we got a excellent deal on Social Living so we decided to give it a try and glad we did. The service from staff was excellent, the beds are comfortable, clean linens and towels. We enjoyed our girls weekend and had a wonderful time at you Resort, very comfortable. Thank you so much. The Sunset Grille very good, best breakfast we enjoyed Café 11 not usually into buffets but very fresh ingredients. Try the Tomato basil Bisque to die for.

Room Tip: 4th Floor away from hotel on left side, construction on right side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for giving our hotel a 5 star review! We are so glad you and your friends had a good time with us. We appreciate your compliments about our hotel and our staff., and i'm glad to hear that the bad reviews you read did not stop you from coming in with an open mind. Any issues that are brought to our attention are immediately addressed. The living social promotion is a fantastic deal, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everything about our stay was perfect. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. We brought our dog and the staff took the time to greet her and make sure she was happy. Overall a very positive experience. Great omelet, strong coffee and prompt service. A+++ job Holiday Isle!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments about our hotel, our restaurant, and our staff. We love hearing such positive feedback from our guests. I'm glad you found the rooms to be extremely clean. We recently added tile to all of our pet friendly rooms to ensure they are as clean and comfortable as possible. Hopefully you and your dog will come back to visit us very soon.
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was a last minute reservation, I wanted oceanfront and it was the only hotel in St Augustine that had a room for the dates we wanted to stay, plus we had stayed here years ago when it was a Holiday Inn. We figured, it has to be OK, right? Boy how wrong we were. We stayed Sept 18th thru the 21st. We had actually planned on staying one more night but this place was so disgusting we left early. We had checked the bedbug registry and there were no reports for bedbugs, we were relieved. But, one night I got up to the bathroom and found a very large bug. We went down to the front desk and were told it was a palmetto bug and it was harmless. They offered to move us or have someone come in and spray the room. We opted for spraying. Later on we googled palmetto bugs...they are a type of COCKROACH!!!!!!!!!! Disgusting!!!!! And we could not tell that anyone had come to the room and sprayed. We went out and bought cockroach pills and put them in the room ourselves. We should have left then.
The ceiling is falling off, the popcorn paint. It looks like its from water from somewhere. It was all over the floor. The day the maids came in, I figured they would clean it up...NOPE. Was still there when we went back in. So how well did they clean the place?
The bath tub drain was so slow, you ended up with half a tub of water during your shower. We went out and bought Drano ourselves. It helped. But the problem is, no one cleans out the drain, you could see all kinds of gross stuff stuck on the drain! Again, disgusting!
We are sorry we stayed here and definitely would NOT recommend anyone staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm terribly sorry that you were not satisfied on your recent vacation with us. Incidents like the one you described are certainly not typical of our hotel, but when we are notified we take all actions necessary to correct them. I'm sorry we fell short of your expectations and we wish you the best of luck in your future travels,
Alachua, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Although I have stayed here several times (my main place to stay), this is the first time I have stayed with our dog. My daughter had been begging me to take her dog to the beach. I wanted to go before the weather turned cooler so we made a quick getaway this September. And I was impressed with how clean the "pet only" rooms were. Although you can't get a view of the ocean from the pet only rooms, it was still a pleasant stay and the staff is always helpful. We arrived early and although I didn't expect them to, they allowed us to check into our room a little early. Everything was super clean. Thanks again for another amazing stay.

Room Tip: Book early for a pet room. There are only a few hotels on the beach that allow pets and this one is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating of 5 stars! We love our "regulars" and we are so glad to be your hotel of choice for your St. Augustine vacations. We always welcome guests traveling with pets to stay in our ground floor rooms. We recently added tile to all the pet friendly rooms to ensure that they are as comfortable and clean as possible. Also, Thank you for adding the lovely picture of your dog on the beach! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!