I am the General Manager of a very upscale country club on Florida's east coast and in so, can be very critical in my evaluation of other facilities. I can say that the staff at this hotel acted just the way I demand my staff to act at the Club. I did not pass one single housekeeper or maintenance person the entire weekend who did not greet me with a friendly hello and a big smile. The room although a little dated, probably refurbished several years ago and by no means original, was spotless. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in! it was made with care and the pillows arranged in a way that showed extra effort. Every day of the stay. Bathroom was cleaned daily and plenty of fresh linens provided. As far as I am concerned, the front desk manager, Matt went out of his way to satisfy my room request. He offered me several options but was sold out of the exact room I wanted.. when he said he would keep an eye for an opening he was not kidding. He called me a week later on the day of my arrival to let me know he had the room I wanted open up! No other hotel would have remembered my name 5 minutes after I made the reservation not to mention my room preference a WEEK after my conversation with them. The price was appropriate for the quality. I checked all the reviews and this hotel received many high ratings and review well above others that were twice as much money for the stay. To the one person I see who commented disgusting..... They should go to the Ritz and pay 500 a night. For everyone else, if you don't mind "slightly" dated accommodations that are way offset by the rest of the experience... stay here, you will not be disappointed! I will go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort offers the best of both worlds, being directly on St. Augustine Beach, and only 10 minutes to historic 'Old Town.' Hotel amenities include a full service restaurant, free Wi-Fi, direct beach access, large outdoor pool, poolside tiki bar (seasonal) and a friendly staff. A variety of room options are available in our 150-room, 5-floor hotel, ranging from ground-floor rooms which are pet-friendly to partial view rooms to direct oceanfront rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Oceanfront Hotel Saint Augustine Beach
- Holiday Inn St Augustine Beach
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine Beach
- Saint Augustine Beach Holiday Inn