“Nice Beach Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort

You added Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   860 A1A Beach Blvd, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32080   |
Tampa,Fl
“Nice Beach Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had booked well in advanced for the south side because it was less expensive and based on previous reviews asked for the 4th or 5th floor because I would get a better view. When I got there was given a room on the north side 5th floor, but no view. So, after some back and forth was given room 520(north side), Excellent view at the same price as the south side. I was able to preview a few rooms and north side is much nicer than the south. Either way I would try to get the 4th or 5th floor nearer to the beach for a better view. All the employees , Especially Randy the manager were great. No breakfast Monday-Friday during our stay. The lobby and amenities are in a seperate building and you need your room key to even get into the building where the rooms are at. The tiki bar is only open seasonally. Over all I would stay here again. The beach shuttle stops here starting at 9am every hour on the hour until about 4pm. Hotel is about a 5 mile drive to the historic section. Very few restaraunts if any that serve breakfast close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors for a better view. North side is definitely nicer. Need room key to get into the build...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HolidayIsle32080, Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for being a top contributor on tripadvisor. We appreciate your detailed review and are glad you found our staff to be helpful. Thank you also for sharing photos.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Every employee I encountered was very nice, the hotel was clean, the view was great! I purchased a Friday & Saturday night stay on LivingSocial, and wanted to purchase an additional night. Without me even asking, they matched the price for the third night that I paid with the LivingSocial deal. My only two complaints: no hot tub and breakfast was not included. But the room did have a balcony, a TV, a fridge, a microwave, clean beds, and a clean bathroom. And that more than covers my essentials. I would be happy to stay again!

Room Tip: Try to get third floor or higher for the best beach view if in a north-facing room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
"Great people, great hotel, great beach" - we love hearing words like that. Thank you for giving our hotel a try and we hope you do come back and stay with us again.
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went to St. Augustine Beach for a weekend getaway. We purchased the room thru Living Social so it was a still for the price. Yes, the place is old. It was built back in the late 70s to early 80s. It used to be a Holiday Inn. It is the oldest oceanfront hotel in St. Augustine Beach. It did need to have some touch up paint here and there, but for the most part and accomodated enough for my husband and I. We did have an oceanfront room. The view was excellent. We woke up each morning to watch the sunrise over the Atlantic. We were not too far from all of the attractions in the St. Augustine area. We barely drove anywhere. We took the trolley that stops directly in front of the lobby. I would advise anyone on a budget to check this place out. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, this isn't the place, but I'm sure there are people who wouldn't mind paying less and having a great view.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your thorough review. We are glad you had a very nice time on your weekend getaway. Watching the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean sure is a good way to start off the day. We hope you make it back to stay with us again.
Rockledge, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We keep coming back to Holiday Isle. Located right on the beach, great views, great staff. Have looked at other places each time we go to St. A, but Holiday Isle treats us right and gives the best rates possible. Love the front desk staff, especially Matt, always helpful and kind. Great place. We will be going back..............

Room Tip: Call the hotel itself to book at room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the compliments. We are glad you keep coming back. I will be sure to share your review with Matt. Hope to see you again soon.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

After reading some bad reviews I the internet I was very pleased with my stay.I did not find a thing that I was unhappy with. No musty smell and the whole place was clean.Staff was GREAT.Would visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us a shot. We are glad we could exceed your expectations.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a weekend at the Holiday Isle Oceanfront hotel and do have to say we were impressed. The view of the beach from our oceanfront room was priceless. Also, the room was very clean and well maintained. Adam, one of the hotel employee's was extremely nice and very helpful when it came to suggesting where to go downtown for dinner. We ate dinner at Harry's right next to the bay and loved it. We liked it so much that we ate dinner there again the following night. What a great hotel with friendly staff who are always willing help out. My wife and I plan on returning sometime next spring. Can't wait!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all the kind words. I shared your review with Adam and he remembers you guys. We do hope you come back for a visit next spring.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Great location, close to the attractions. We had a room facing the beach and pool! The room was clean, did not smell musty, although the mattress on the bed was quite hard, tough on our backs. The Front Desk staff were helpful with suggestions for restaurants and directions
Book your stay, you won't regret it!

• Stayed October 2012
HolidayIsle32080, Manager at Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. We are glad you had a great time and hope you make it back to stay with us again soon!

Been to Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!