“WEEKEND under Renovation!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of St. Augustine Beachfront Resort

You added St. Augustine Beachfront Resort to your Saves list
St. Augustine Beachfront Resort
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 A1A Beach Blvd, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
florida
“WEEKEND under Renovation!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2007

My family and I was trying to get away for the weekend just spend it at the beach in this so called nice resort. First of all we asked for ocean view we got renovation view that was not even baracaded off someone could have got hurt. The rooms were very small the door would not close all the way we did not feel very secure.The floors were damp ther was no hot water and on top of that it was sulfur water. The towels you had to use 4 of them to dry off with. The phone did not even work in our room. When we went to check out there was a line all the way from the door there was only one peson working the desk. the only positive thing about this resort was they had a nice pool the lady working the slide was very nice. she brought out toys so the kids could play with. The price we paid for this resort was not even worth it . We will not go back there again!!!

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — Everything except the pool
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2007

I read the reviews after my friend had already booked a room here. She saw the webpage and thought it looked like a nice place to stay. I should have listened to the reviews and changed our reservations because they are all right. I won't go back here.

I waited ONE HOUR to be checked in. I first went in at 2:30 (check in is at 3:00) and was told to come back at 3:00 because they didn't know what rooms would be clean or dirty. I went back at 3:15 and the line was 8 people deep with one person checking people in. I finally made it to my room an hour later. I got lucky because people before me went to their assigned room only to find someone IN the room. They had to come back to get a key to another room. Others had reserved specific things like a king sized bed or waterview and were told that those rooms were not available. They have extra mattresses stacked in the corner of the lobby and a broken door lock was sitting on the front lobby desk. This was not a good sign of things to come.

The room is old and worn down. The door was VERY flimsy and barely locked. I didn't sleep well because I thought someone could easily just kick it in. There were people hanging around outside my door (on the first floor parking lot side) at 12:30 AM and again at 2:30 AM but I was afraid to get out of my bed to see what was going on outside the door! The rooms are small. I could barely open the bathroom door from the inside because it was so small. One of the lights in the room was broken and I think the clock radio used a battery back-up because the electric outlet between the beds didn't work.

On a positive note, the beach is right behind the hotel and there is a pool area with an outdoor bar area. Also, there is an inside bar with two TVs (two were broken). It appears that they are animal friendly (many guests had dogs) so it would be a good place to stay if other hotels in the area didn't allow pets. The staff did all they could but you could tell that they were just beat down and apologetic for the state of the hotel. It wasn't their fault and I felt sorry for them that the place was so unorganized and run down.

We should have paid an extra $40 and stayed at another hotel down the street.

• Liked — Beach
  • Disliked — Hotel
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to St. Augustine Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about St. Augustine Beachfront Resort

Address: 300 A1A Beach Blvd, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32084
Location: United States > Florida > Saint Augustine > Saint Augustine Beach
Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Saint Augustine Beach
Hotel Class:1.5 star — St. Augustine Beachfront Resort 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your St. Augustine Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
St. Augustine Beachfront Hotel Saint Augustine Beach
Hotel St Augustine Beachfront

If you own or manage St. Augustine Beachfront Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.