“Overpriced and no beach access!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of St. Augustine Beachfront Resort

and 1 more site!
You added St. Augustine Beachfront Resort to your Saves list
St. Augustine Beachfront Resort
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 A1A Beach Blvd, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Overpriced and no beach access!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2005

There is no beach access from this hotel. There is a sign posted in the lobby stating that this is due to the hurricanes that hit the area last year, but that is the first time we realized we could not get to the beach from the hotel. When I called to make reservations, that should have been made clear but it was not. We were told by the front desk staff to go past the pier to access the beach, but we never found a place to get to the beach. We eventually drove to one of the public parking areas and accessed the beach there. The room accomodations were not very good, either. This place is very overpriced--stay across the street or pay a little more for another hotel or a condo.

• Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2005

There were roaches everywhere. I booked the room before I read the reviews. We stayed there for 2 nights and I will never stay there again. THe air conditioner looked as if it had mold growing in it. Filthy and disgusting.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2004

The last two times we stayed at this hotel (aka...Howard Johnsons, Howards and now the Beachfront Resort), I swore we would never stay there again. On our last visit two years ago, it was the toliet wobbling all over, the tub stopped up, mold all over the bathroom wall and God forbid should you be able to get towels and washcloths!!!
We just stayed there again last week (new name - hoping for new managemant) and it was worse than ever. We had adjoining rooms and were able to get in one at a decent hour and were told the other was being cleaned. We got into the second one about 8:30 that night (excuse was it was a holiday weekend and they were busy - sounds understaffed to me). When I walked into the bathroom of the second room, there was a pair of bathing trunks hanging on the shower rack, the tub had dirt in it and the floor was nasty. They other bathroom has hair on the toilet and floor and the door would not close. I had to have them come in and clean the bathroom, the maid almost got zapped by the wall lamp in the 1st room trying to get it to work. We had one lamp that worked in that room and the light over the vanity. The door closer that is over the top of the front door of the first room was coming out of the door and I put it together the best I could (had asked for maintaince but never got it) and it finally fell apart the day we left. The hotel is now in process of changing it's name again (I think they do this to make people think it's under new management - it worked on me) the new name will be something like "Beachfront Quality Inn" There is nothing quality about it!!! The hotel is apparently understaffed and the management is extremely poor. We did get a discount on the stay this time but it can not make up for the conditions we put up with. I would expect this sort of thing at a $29.00 a night hotel!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2004

There were 8 in our party and I found this hotel on Hotels - what sold me was the beautiful waterslide at the pool, we paid 120$/nite. At check in which was at 3:00pm - I arrived at 3:30pm I waited in a line that extended outside the front door. There was one person working at check in even though this was spring break week. After one and a half hours I finally received my door "cards" that open the doors to my "oasis". The cards worked about 1/3rd of the time, the maid who was very nice and did let me in each and every time that I needed help. I could have entered all the rooms in the place since she asked for no explanation at all as to why I needed in, or which room was mine. I luckliy had adjoining rooms because at one point we were unable to open the door from the inside of one of the rooms. Thankfully there was not a fire. The rooms were dated but clean once the maid finally came. She looked overworked and underpaid. The toilets only flushed if you held down the handle - if they do not flush immediately wait five minutes and then try again. Then repeat. The waterslide was not on at our first visit to the pool, a very rude gentleman that apparently worked there only shook his head "no" to my friend when she started to ask when it would be turned on. Several other parents saw this interaction and this began a discussion about how the waterslide had not been on much at all that week. "This is why we came, the slide." I immediately went to the front desk and leaned in front of the long line of people waiting to check in. I got the attention of a young lady that was doing what appeared to be nothing. The lady doing all the check ins tried to intercept but I prevailed and loudly asked " When, exactly, will the waterslide be on?" I was told that as soon as they had someone to run it they would turn it on. Wrong answer!!! I stated loudly that this was not acceptable and that I wanted an exact time. She told me that as soon as they finished checking in all of these people that someone would come to do it. Wrong Again!!! I loudly stated that my check in took one and a half hours and that I would not wait that long. She then had a change of heart and sent the un-busy employee to the slide. Worked the rest of our trip. Old hotel, won't stay here again, beach was beautiful, hotel is worth 59$/nite.

Been to St. Augustine Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!