“Roaches, mold and awful customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of St. Augustine Beachfront Resort

You added St. Augustine Beachfront Resort to your Saves list
St. Augustine Beachfront Resort
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 A1A Beach Blvd, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Inverness, Florida
“Roaches, mold and awful customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

While one member of the staff seemed to be helpful and caring in the end she was as uncaring and rude as I have ever come across. Yes the first night they gave us a credit for our trouble with the doors they didn't want to listen when we tried to tell them about the roaches (that they were already aware of and "weren't not suprised by us finding them." I tried to point out the health hazard of the bugs and the mold but was told I was just after getting my stay for free. I had no problem paying for my stay but had we been able to find a hotel somewhere else we wouldn't have stayed there. There was bird poop in the lobby and half the walkways were torn up with rebar showing through. My friends windshield was busted and we were lied to about the surviellance footage. The police had to inform us of the truth. That also apparently "isn't their problem" even though it was on their property. When I tried to voice my concerns I was called crazy and made to feel like my concerns don't matter. Worst experience of my life and I am pursuing this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Renee M, Public Relations Manager at St. Augustine Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I very much remember you and your stay. We were sorry that your windshield got vandalized. As I call recall you were given a very sufficent discount for your troubles. Sorry that you had words with the front desk clerk, tempers could have been tamer on both sides.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Douglas, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My sister found a toe nail clipping in our bed (between the sheet and the spread), I killed a roach in the bathroom, the safety lock on the door did not work, the door did not close well, there was mold on the curtains, and there was an ominous stain on the chair, and it took 3 requests (and 1 1/2 - 2 hours delay on our bath/bedtime) to get enough towels for all the occupants in the room, we could not see the ocean from the ocean view room we paid extra for, and we did not have a phone in the room.

Room Tip: Even though it's the lowest priced motel on the beach, you'd be better off staying across th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
sorry for the issues you encountered. We are working on a lot of upgrades and hope you will give us another try in the future.
Wallingford, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

After reviewing the beautiful pictures on-line I thought "the price seems to good to be true". It certainly is. The lobby is covered in feathers, bird feces and spilled water. If that is not disgusting enough just wait until you enter your room. We did not get past opening the door before being hit in the face with a wall of cigarette smoke and scraped my leg on the AC cover which was hanging off. Apparently because we had a 10 pound dog with us we would only be allowed a smoking room despite having specified non-smoking only. Having immediately decided to check out I went to retrieve my mother from her "ocean front" newly remodeled room. Her room was in fact remodeled, yet how they managed to cover every inch of the room with dirt and grime is beyond me. The clearly soiled/stained bedspread was the topper. We all checked out literally within 5 minutes. Management flat-out refused a refund- stating that is not their policy. I immediately called my credit card company. After filing a dispute they were only able to get 50% of my money back. It cost me $146 to walk in and out of this dump.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
So sorry you felt this way. If someone had smoked in the room before, we apologize. We cant always catch everyone. There are non-smoking pet friendly rooms available and we would have been happy to move you. Wish you would have given the place a chance , we have beautiful views a a friendly staff. Working on alot of changes. Thank you
Cramerton, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here two nights, and it was two nights too long.

The TV did not work, there are no phones in any of the rooms, there were permanent residence living in some rooms, and the lobby is filled with yelping birds in cages. Ice machines did not work, so to get ice you had to walk to the motel office. Towels were small and cheap and resembled bar mops.

The rooms and the bathroom were relatively clean, especially considering the age of the building and the lack of care for the property. With that said, I seriously doubt most women would "feel clean" with the visual image left from the aging condition of the property and fixtures.

IF YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE...ask for an ocean front room. We requested to be moved to a room with a functioning TV and they gave us an "upgrade" for the inconvenience. This room had a small fridge, a microwave, and a small desk still with NO PHONE. That is the only thing that raised my rating from terrible to poor.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean front rooms that have a fridge....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to point out the good and the bad. Glad we were able to give you an upgrade that was better. We are working on a lot of upgrades and would love to have you again.
Seffner, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

St Augustine should force the owners of this place to burn it down. No hot water, no heat, door didn't close all the way, holes in the wall, smelled like crap, creapy maintenance guy and very dirty. The only bright spot of this place is that atleast there are other places to stay on St Augustine Beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We did have a problem with our Boilers which has been fixed. It is unfortunate that appliances go down on everyone sometimes/. We do have working heat and air in every room so I cant really comment on that. Im sorry you were dissapointed. We are making many upgrades and hope you will reconsider us in the future.
Riverview, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The front desk were very rude and nasty, I had no water in the shower for 2 days, the phones in the room didn't work, wall paper in room was falling down, the indoor pool was ice cold. The picture of the hotel on their website must be from many years ago because the hotel is really run down and not what they show. I will never stay their again or recommend this hotel to no one. When I inquired about the trolley service at the front desk their reply was ( this is a hotel not the trolley service. )

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Just to let you know our indoor pool is not heated. Sorry that you did not have a good experience. We are working on many upgrades and improvements. Hope you will give us another try.
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

pictures tell a 1000 lies 1st room not made up @ 4:40 pm (check out @ 11am) 2nd room toilet door hit the comode when you close it ( dont change your mind cause you'll have to go back into the room to do it's so small) front door barely close with out slaming it better check it when you leave to make sure it's locked if you stay!! no restaurant on site only Panama Haties across the street ( foods good) the wife asked for an extra blanket was told they would bring it to us still waiting ( were at home now) in general pitch a tent dont stay here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Very sorry the blanket was never brought to you. We are always working to improve customer service. With waterfront property the doors do tend to swell, sorry you had trouble with your door. We are in the process of making many upgrades and thank you for taking the time to let us know of your issues, thats the only way we can improve.

Been to St. Augustine Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!