“Convenient to Beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Seaside Inn-St. Augustine Beach

You added BEST WESTERN Seaside Inn-St. Augustine Beach to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Seaside Inn-St. Augustine Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   541 A1A S Beach Blvd S, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32080   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Sarasota, Florida
“Convenient to Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed one night on way to PGA golf tournament in Ponte Vedra Beach. This hotel is about a block from the beach (just cross the street and down one block). April checked us in and was very accommodating; even received a call to make sure our room was acceptable. Room was a little musty upon entering (but it's at the beach in Florida), but was fine once the air conditioning kicked in. Asked for restaurant suggestions and received 10% discount coupon for one within walking distance. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast had many options - make your own waffle, biscuits and gravy, bagels, cold cereals, danish and muffins, yogurt, toast, instant grits, instant oatmeal, coffee, milk, juice. Price was a little high considering it is off-season, mid-week. I would give it an "above average" rating, but it's not an option.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the back - hotel is two floors. Pool is at the front.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kwame O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Seaside Inn-St. Augustine Beach, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Your comments are very much appreciated. I will give April a special 'thank you'. I am happy to see that you had an excellent restaurant recommendation and that you enjoyed breakfast. The next time you have a craving for the beach in St Augustine please come and visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Room 121 smelled and there's small water leak on carpet by clothes rack was covered with floor mat. Only stay for one night did not want to bother to switch room. I assumed they knew about the leak that's why it's covered with mat.
Breakfast did not have bacon or sausage.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kwame O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Seaside Inn-St. Augustine Beach, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
I very much apologize for the experience with your room. Since I have taken over the hotel in the last month, I have worked with my team to provide a superior customer service experience but during your visit we obviously missed an important issue with your accommodations. Thank you for bringing the matter to my attention and I will strive to make certain that occurrences such as this do not happen again. Take care.
lutz, fl, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

great location, clean room, great service, close to great restaurants within walking distance and beach. MAJOR DISLIKE: Bed was a sagathon majorly uncomfortable. Room was overpriced for quality of bed. Get some new ones quick.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your viewpoint. Thank you for passing along your pleasure at being close to restaurants and the beach. I regret that the bed was not as comfortable as expected. Take care and please visit us again.
Hereford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We arrived at this hotel and from the outside it looks fine,the lobby is clean and tidy and the lady on reception very pleasant.

We got to our room & were immediately hit by an overwhelming smell of damp the room was dark & not inviting.
About 5 / 10 minutes after arriving we received a call from reception asking if our room was alright.
My husband said no and said it smelled, we were offered another room around the block but the smell was the same.
This was a Hotwire booking so we know you pay your money & take your chance we lost our money, but this was not for us.
Maybe some of the rooms are used more than others so are aired more frequently .
We will just put this down to experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kwame O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Seaside Inn-St. Augustine Beach, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I deeply apologize for the fact that your accommodations were not up to the expected standards. We strive to make all of our guests happy regardless of the booking channel but unfortunately we did not succeed with your visit. Take care and have a great day.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I booked a block of rooms at the Seaside Inn for a youth group. Barry was very helpful setting everything up and April was amazing at Check in. She set the rooms up so all the boys were well supervised by their coaches. The entire staff went above and beyond to get our group taken care of, for the entire stay. The hotel was a very short walk to the beach and everyone had a great time. This Best Western exceeded my expectations. Thank you for all you did for us. We hope to be back!! By the way, the boys won all their games!!!

Room Tip: This hotel is an excellent value. It is nice to stay on the beach and be able to go into the city o...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
I very much appreciate your fabulous remarks. I will let April know that she did a fantastic job. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your group and please come visit us again.
Jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

If you want to stay near St Augustine Beach this hotel is pretty decent. Everything was good except the hot tub was dirty. The pool was spotless. Everywhere else was clean. The only other down side was the breakfast was not all that good, powdered (dry) eggs. However, if I need a clean place to stay near St Augustine Beach I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for letting us know that you are in favor of a return visit. I apologize for the hot tub that day and I have already changed our breakfast somewhat, so I hope that your next visit will be even better. Take care and have a fantastic day.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We make a weekend trip to St. Augustine a few times per year, as we enjoy the area so much. We discovered Best Western Seaside and it has become our 'home away from home' when visiting St. Augustine.

The staff is amazing - always friendly, knowledgable about the area, and up to date on local events and happenings. I love how welcome they make my family feel when we visit. (True story: My son skinned his knee on the way in for our first trip there. The receptionist was quick to the rescue with cleaning cloths and a bandaid to fix him up. I didn't even have to ask! It was just a nice gesture on her part. I'll never forget it.) We saw the same staff through out our stay and they were always cheerful, always welcoming and always taking the time to acknowledge us. By the end of our first trip, they were calling us by name. I really appreciate that kind of attention. I've never felt more welcomed anywhere else and the attention to details really ensures we're happy with our stay - we've never gone home disappointed.

The hotel itself is beautiful. With stunning architecture and the perfectly tended landscape,it will make you feel grand. The rooms seemed larger than average and it was comfortable when our family of 4 spent a little extra time indoors due to rain. It's so very clean and comfortable as well. We've never had a room that wasn't equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, and safe, so it's possible that this is standard. It's also well stocked with complimentary coffees and teas. My kids enjoy evening cookies and the breakfast in the mornings is always delicious with a lot of choices. They have my picky family well covered. It definitely makes one feel special to stay in a place like this.

I saw it mentioned that the pool is small. It isn't large, but this is not a massive hotel either. It's very quaint and my family never felt crowded when visiting.

In addition to the hotel, I really like this area quite a lot. It is within walking distance to the beach and there is a great little community surrounding it. (Grocery store and small shops are also with in walking distance.) It's not in the heart of St. Augustine, but close enough to be there within minutes. We like this, because sometimes you want a retreat from the activity - and this hotel is the perfect place to rest and relax.

I really can't say enough nice things about this place - it is by far, my most favorite hotel in my most favorite place to visit. Can't wait to visit this summer!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kwame O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Seaside Inn-St. Augustine Beach, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. I will be certain to make the staff aware of how well they treated you. The receptionist who took care of you upon check in will definitely be very happy about your remarks. Anytime you are in St Augustine we would love to take care of you. Please visit us again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN Seaside Inn-St. Augustine Beach? Share your experiences!