“Was average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach

You added Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3955 A1A South, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL 32080   |
Hotel virtual tour
Certificate of Excellence 2014
okla
“Was average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

hotel was clean nothing fancy a little more then an average walk to the beach you wouldn't want to walk and have chairs or anything to carry, Breakfast was really not much of a breakfast breads were stale. Not sure I would ever stay there again. I felt for the room the price was to high

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
mableton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

this was a very good and clean hotel. my wife ,my daughter and i stayed last weekend at this hotel, we met up with some family that was also staying here all total we had 4 rooms for all of us. the hotel is close to the beach but may be to long of a walk for some people. the beach was nice , the hotel was clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. the pool was nice and clean. grat deal and nice place !!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

The room was not expensive, however, my wife cried when we entered the room for the first time. The room looked clean on the surface, but when you got in and turned on the lights it was a very different story. The rug made your feet turn black on the bottom, must be from the asphalt driveway. The decor was 1955, and at that time it must have been quite modern, but by today's standards it was quire depressing. My son slept on an army cot which appeared to be from World War II with original blankets and pillows.There were five of us in the room, big mistake, and only four towels and pillows. When I asked at the front desk for more we were informed that there were no more towels or pillows in the inn. The "continental breakfast" consisted of baked goods from your local Walmart along with some cereals. Needless to say, I will not be allowed to make hotel reservations in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
greg32080, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn St. Augustine Beach, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Thank you for your response, however this review was for another hotel. Please contact Trip Advisor so that they may put your review with the correct corresponding hotel. I notified Trip Advisor, however they have not responded to my request. Thank you for your time.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

This hotel is an average,clean & comfortable place to stay for a short period of time. The room was clean & the beds were comfortable..no complaints. It is a two story building..steps to the second floor. The grounds are generally clean & attractive. They provide a breakfast that consists mostly of breads with jams, jellies & peanut butter, a few cereals to choose from, and instant grits or oatmeal. The coffee was good and hot. The pool was in good condition and, although not very large, fine for general cooling down after a long walk from the beach. They told us when we checked in that the beach was a 5 min. walk. It was at the very least a 10 min. walk & that was if we caught the traffic light & crossed quickly to the other side of the busy highway. Carrying our beach gear that distance was not fun but the beach was pretty and we enjoyed our trip overall. You can drive & park on the beach but you have to pay. This hotel is on the lighthouse side of St. Augustine. Before leaving this end of the beach, we traveled to Fort Mantanzas. This is a small but very interesting fort reached by a ferry. It was Free..word of warning..get there early. The ferry can only hold 35 people at a time. There were several schools there for a field trip by the time we were coming back and it was only a little after 10:15. The ferry leaves on the half hour. Manatees are sometimes seen in this area but we didn't see any.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
panama city beach, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I made this reservation for my sons traveling on business/pleasure; I was leery about them traveling on their own because they are still somewhat young. There is not a lot of places to stay at on St Augustine Beach and at short notice during the busy season, well good luck!
So I took a chance with ABVI and the lady we spoke with ( Maria) on the phone was sooo helpful when I expressed my concerns about my sons being on their own and she really reassured me and was very helpful. My sons said the room was clean and hotel was nice, which means a lot because my boys are spoiled and they will complain if the room smelled or was dirty in anyway like one single hair on the sink! I read the reviews on this place before I sent them and they were all good reviews but I was still skeptical ( this sounds pathetic but I was a little worried about telling my sons where I made the reservation..the want the resorts! ) at the very least we try to stay at Marriott’s or Hiltons, but with the economy and how pleasant this place was...Im so totally rethinking my strategy! So I wanted to just back up the previous reviews from other guest and say... they were right... and my boys were well taken care of and didn’t complain about anything so it must've been good and that makes me happy! Thanks ABVI St Augustine Beach ! My sons said Maria was a "Real Doll"....very cordial and lovely!!! : )

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My family was at this hotel from 7/16/2011 to 7/23/2011 and we loved it!
I booked my room online and got a great deal for a room with 2 queen beds.
A few days before we left, I got an e-mail telling me that they were waiting on us and that they hoped we would enjoy our stay.This was a nice touch,as far as I am concerned.
Our room was large and on the first floor,right next to the pool gate.We were on the side facing Zaharia's Greek Restaurant.
The motel grounds were very clean and we saw people cleaning them daily.The room was clean,painted nicely and had pretty bedspreads and pictures on the wall. The carpeting was clean and there was no musty, moldy smell that some people said they smelled.
There was a table and chairs in the room and three lamps,as well as a microwave and mini-fridge. There was also a nightstand and a dresser, which held a Bible , phone books, tourist info and hotel layout charts and numbers for assistance.
The bathroom was clean and fresh towels,soap,shampoo, and eye make-up remover were provided by housekeeping staff on a daily basis.
In the vanity/ sink area, there was a 2 cup coffee pot,an ice bucket,and a hair dryer.new packages of coffee,water cups,coffee cups,sweetner,cream ,and stirrers were provided daily.
In the mornings ,you could partake of a free continental breakfast, that offered,bread to toastin their toaster,several choices of cereal,instant oatmeal,snack cakes, bagels, butter,cream cheese,jams,milk,coffee and on some days, orange juice.
their was an ice machine you could use,just by inserting your key card.
they also had a commercial size washer and dryer for guests to use, with a wrought iron bench to sit on while you waited. The price for doing laundry was cheaper than in a washeteria and was fair. you did not have to keep feeding the dryer dimes to get dry clothes.
Walgreens is right next door on one side and Zaharias on the other.next to Zzaharias is a winn dixie and Liquor store. Publix is just down the road,across the street and there are several beach wear, souvenir shops nearby, within easy walking distance. the beach is a 5 minute walk away, but I'd still use my car,because Hwy A1A is very busy here.
The hotel office staff were nice and the decor was pretty with a seashore theme.
a tour shuttle does come by for those who want to use it.
The pool is big and well maintained . I believe it uses saline and not chlorine, to maintain cleanliness. It has a shower ,so you can shower upon entering or leaving the pool. The pool has several resin chairs, chiase lounges and tables with sun umbrellas.It has aprivacy fence and is locked until it opens at 9
;30 and then locked again at 11:30, when it closes.The pool is monitored by office staff,viewing a t.v. screen.There are 2 cameras constantly feeding them poolside views.
I loved it here and so did my hubby and kids. It really felt like a home away from home and we felt safe.
my only problem,was, that I'd like a thicker pillow...but again ,that;s just my personal preference.all bedding was new and clean and the beds were so comfortable.
The only thing,i'd say is that our micro-fridge would not keep ice cream,...but it did work for everything else. we would ddefinately come back, if in the area again and would definately recommend this hotel.it will stay on my GPS list of favorites.
And to my surprize, upon my arrival home,I got an E-mail fromthem,saying how glad they were that we'd chosen to stay there and how they hoped we'd come again. Now that's service.

Room Tip: If you need a first floor ask for it. I asked for first floor,by the pool and that's exactly wha...