“Its the view” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary, Oyster Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We offer a carefully crafted eclectic menu to cater to all tastes and personalities. Enjoy a wide array of specialty menu items, some favorites we have picked up along the way, including a Tuna Poke Bowl (straight from Wishbones in Costa Rica), Fresh Rolled Sushi, Local Fried Shrimp and Beer Can Chicken made with none other than PBR. There are plenty of options to suit your many cravings. We also feature a full bar with twenty different beers on tap.
New York City, New York
“Its the view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food is getting better , but the view and quality of the new operation is just very nice. From the tank at the entrance that was on the tv show, to the great bar and hang out area on the roof , it is a fun adult atmosphere . The staff is having fun , happy , and I think enjoy themselves at work. It feels good. It will be a good place for a long time .

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

St Augustine
“Really Nice Beach Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The location can't be beat as it's right across the street from St. Augustine Beach. We went on a Saturday around 4PM and only had a 10 minute wait. The service was excellent….our waitress was friendly and attentive, and when I was undecided on which on tap beer to order she offered to bring over samples. For starters my wife had the Buffalo Wings and I had the Blackened Wings both of which we enjoyed. For those who like their wings still crispy I highly recommend the Blackened Wings. For dinner my wife had Fried Shrimp with Fries which she really enjoyed. I had the Caribbean Shack Fish which came with that day's catch of Red Snapper…which happens to be one of my favorites. It was cooked perfectly and came with a nice Mango Chutney on top along with seasoned rice. I would highly recommend you give this place a try. The only draw back in our experience was the noise level. They had live music and although the singer was fairly good he was way too loud.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food but lacks basic customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to a Salt Life Food Shack. We only waited about 15 minutes after being told it would be a 40 minute wait so we were pleasantly surprised. We had a server named Shannon that could really learn some customer service 101. When we got to our table for 4 there were only 3 chairs, 3 menus, 3 sets of silverware (we had to ask for the 4th of each). When my husband asked what kind of beer they had the correct response would have been let me show you our vast menu selection. Instead her short answer was we have like 25 different ones! Not the best foot to get off on. We all ordered something different and it was all delicious and the food came quickly. The atmosphere was great, the food was great but the young staff needs to learn that smiling, being cordial, and offering great service = BIG tips.

Raymond, New Hampshire
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I think this is more of a commercialized place. I know the fish tank has been mentioned on the TV show Tanked which I think helped its popularity. There was a wait when we arrived, the menu is not really kid/teen friendly. We were there during the World Cup so there were people yelling and drinking which took away from the nice quiet family time. The fish tank was nice.

St Augustine Beach, Florida, United States
“Great place to hang out with the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Cassidy made our night special with her guidance on which menu items we would like best as well as her prompt and attentive service. The outdoor seating is amazing and live music is great too. Loved the sushi, oysters and nachos. I never thought this would be so popular with the locals, but Salt Life is and will do very well.