My fiance and I stayed at La Fiesta's oceanfront B&B last August, and it was a great experience. The room had everything you would need, and met all of our expectations (including a great view of the ocean). You are about 50 yards from the sand, so the location is ideal. The staff is very accommodating. For instance, the owner personally called our room to upgrade us due to a cancellation they received, and no extra charge was added. We actually got engaged on the beach last year, and came back for the 1 year anniversary this year. Both experiences were great.
Some other details: The room comes with a TV, minifridge, microwave, coffee maker, and many other random things you might not expect (e.g., wine opener, wine glasses, fireplace). There is an outdoor jacuzzi and a heated swimming pool. The jacuzzi is located in its own pool house, and open to residents 24/7. On both of our visits, we spent time in the jacuzzi and were never interrupted.
Some advice: Speak with the staff about the different rooms they offer, as each has its own strengths and weaknesses. For instance, 4 rooms are upstairs on the main floor, while another is by itself downstairs, and more are located in their own houses. Some are larger, some have better views, some have more windows, some have better bathrooms, etc. So, call in advance to make sure you get the room that best fits your preferences.
They require a minimum 2-night stay if you are booking for a weekend night. However, if you only need 1-night, you can call the day of your trip and book for just a single night if they have an opening. This is obviously a gamble, but it paid off for us BOTH times that we visited.
Also, a 5-10% tip is usually expected (but not required by any means), so take that into consideration when figuring your budget.
The owner’s name is Lauren, and she is a very nice lady who usually makes herself present during breakfast. When she found out we got engaged, she took us around their beautiful property to take our pictures. The experience couldn't have gone better! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites, located directly on St. Augustine Beach offers: Romantic new 2-level king suites featuring Jacuzzi, fireplace and two balconies, beautiful ocean view rooms with private balconies or patio and pool view rooms. All rooms have microwave and refrigerator. Renovated spring 2013.The Historic District is 10 minutes with bus service from La Fiesta. Free continental breakfast, 60-foot heated pool, miniature golf & wide-sandy beach, its all here at Oceanfront La Fiesta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Fiesta Ocean Hotel Saint Augustine Beach
- La Fiesta Ocean Inn And Suites
- La Fiesta St Augustine
- Hotel La Fiesta Ocean