“Georgie Boy - what happened” 1 of 5 stars

2369 State Rd 16, Saint Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine, FL
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Diner
Orlando, Florida
“Georgie Boy - what happened”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I could not eat the tuna fish, it tasted weird and had to spit it out, what happened.... I remembered when this place was new and the food was hot and plentiful. Twice this week, I could not eat the food that I ordered. That's it. I am not getting food sick from you. I hate to say this because I know people read it, but you need to manager you expiration dates better on the food there. Otherwise, your people are pretty nice there.

Visited December 2012

33% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“Georgie boy - what happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have been coming to both your restaurants for years, and remember when the St Aug. location was new. I have noticed lately that the food quality is getting poor, I always order your salads, last night the Greek salad came out with old brown lettuce. I eat it anyway..... Later that night my stomach kept me up.... Today, I went in and ordered the Tuna plater. I had to spit it out. It was fowl and nasty. That's it..... I am looking for a new place. I really enjoyed you place because it once had great food, lots of it and it was priced right.... Bummed out !

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Longwood, Florida
“Excellent food, family-owned, a real find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This restaurant is a special find when you are staying near the St. Augustine outlet stores. We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites and noticed the diner across the parking lot. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We walked across the hotel parking lot to see what kinds of dinners were on the menu, and I was impressed. There is a nightly dinner special to start with, and a wide variety of dinner entrees from BBQ to meatloaf, to souvlaki, mostly under $15. Don't let the low prices scare you… the food is delicious and the serving size is plenty. The staff is friendly and very accommodating, and the diner is clean and bright. There is no loud music constantly playing. Instead there are a couple of tv's that are kept at a decent volume. I'll bet their breakfasts and lunches are every bit as delicious as their dinners, too. Don't pass this place up!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Augustine, FL
“Very good, very clean, very convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a perfect place for some good and inexpensive food whether you are shopping at the St. Augustine Outlet Malls, either one of them, or just passing by on the I-95. Do not miss it, as they are somewhat hidden off the road behind the BP gas station, just off the exit from I-95 on Route 16 eastbound. Under the management, the improvement is obvious - the food is good, the service is friendly and efficient, and the place is spotless clean. Yet, the prices are very reasonable. Plenty of menu choices, too.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee
“A Real Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We ate lunch there and came back for breakfast the next day. Traditional Diner menu including delicious cheese cake. Pretty good bbq to reflect the southern location.

• Visited July 2012