“Great "Little" place!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Saxonburg, PA
“Great "Little" place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

We went to Mango Mangos for dinner. Online it looks like it would be a much larger place but not so. It's very small and tables are hard to come by at dinner. We waited for only about 10 minutes and our table was ready.

The booth was tight but we managed and ordered dinner. There were four of us, My wife and I along with our son age 9 and my nephew who lives on the island and attending Flagler College. We all really enjoyed our food. The nachos were massive and came with a mango salsa which was a great touch. We all had sandwiches along with Yucca Fries which is served with a coconut dipping sauce - AWESOME! I complimented the waitress on the fish which I thought was fresh but she admitted that it was frozen.

It's a great little place that serves fun food with lots of flavor! Although if you are looking for mixed drinks everything is made with premixed concoctions.

ST.AUGUSTINE
“Food is great here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

Have had great food and service everytime we have been here. Try the nachos they are awesome. Very affordable also.

New York
“Great food, great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

Mango Mango's has great basic food with a tropical flare, but the best thing about it is the price! Two people can have drinks, dinner, and dessert for around $30. My favorite dishes were their salads and their nachos. They don't have a full bar, just beer, wine, and a few prepared mixed drinks. Most of their desserts are frozen pies. They are located between A street and B street on Beach Blvd in St. Augustine Beach. If you want a good quality meal for a reasonable price in a fun atmosphere, go here! Service was always friendly and efficient too! My boyfriend and I ate at Mango Mango's three times during our vacation. I'll say it again - excellent menu!

Palm Beach Gardens, FL
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

This spot came highly recommended by a local and did not disappoint. Decorated in a beachy, Key West style this place is perfect for a post-beach beer and sandwich but also worth the trip from Old Town even if you're not hitting the beach. The corn cakes are a must! A really dynamic flavor combo with avocado, fresh tomato salsa, and seasoned sour cream. Extremely generous portions so be prepared to take home leftovers. If you're in a hotel without a fridge I would suggest sharing a sandwich cause they're huge, unless you're super hungry. So many excellent-sounding choices with bold flavors on the menu that it's really hard to choose just one. It's a father/son operation and they're planning to expand so I hope they come further south so I can visit more often. Terrific!

Georgia
“WONDERFUL!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

This restaurant deserves to be at the top. We were headed to another beachside restaurant and wanted to eat outside but the weather was not cooperative. So, we chose this instead! The hostess was soooo friendly. Our waitress was on her toes with refills although many would not need a refill due to the size of the cups. My hawaiian chicken sandwich was so thick I could not even get it in my mouth. I had to cut it up to eat it and could not fiinish it. My husband and I both had the shrimp and crab soup which was spectacular. He chose the shrimp which was double in size to what you would get most places and extremely fresh! The table next to us was thoroughly enjoying their meal and it seemed like they are from the area. They rated it amongst one of the highest restaurants on the island. It is small with limited seating but the wait was not long. The seats did not stay empty for more than 5 minutes. It must be a hot spot!