“Great Little hotel, great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Seniors Save Up to 10%
Ranked #35 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great Little hotel, great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very clean hotel, location was good, breakfast was good, coffee all day, great housekeeping service, quiet location. No street noise, quiet air conditioning, ample parking. Very secure hotel. Excellent value for the money, close to the Fountain of Youth.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff V, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear guest ,

I’m Jeff Vallone GM at the Hampton Inn Historic, St. Augustine FL. Thank you for your positive feedback! I’m so glad that you enjoyed you visit to the oldest city. It’s our pleasure to offer you great Hampton service, and I’m so glad you chose our hotel for your lodging needs.

Thanks again for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel. I hope you can come back for another visit and we again can provide the accommodations’ and service that makes you feel welcome.

Hampton Inn Historic St. Augustine fl.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Woodbridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had tickets for the Old Town Trolley Tours of St. Augustine and they have a pick up from the hotel. This made the hotel a well connected place though located at quite a distance from the old historic district of the city. The room was clean & comfortable, the bed & pillows provided good sleep, and the breakfast was filling. We had gone to visit the city and the hotel provided a good base for the same. The staff was helpful, they gave us maps of the area, called up the trolley tours for the pickup and in general made sure we were comfortable. If I visit St Augustine again and don't stay at a B&B in the historic district itself I would most probably book rooms here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

St. Augustine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went for a college trip with my daughter. All staff very friendly but the hotel seems worn. Might have been a lower level hotel (La Quinta maybe?) that was upgraded superficially to meet Hampton standards. No closet in room, just a warddrobe, shower very short (I am 6', shower head was about 5'6"), AC was loud, pool was small and not in great condition or care. Did not see pool towels anywhere. Rest of items were OK but it just was not the best in the Hampton Inn brand. Nothing made it stand out other than friendly service and location.

Room Tip: Was overall a convenient location-close to downtown.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jeff V, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear guest ,

I’m Jeff Vallone GM at the Hampton Inn Historic, St. Augustine FL. Thank you for staying with us when you were in town. As GM at this property, I’m sorry that you were unhappy with the condition of our property. We do have planned renovations that will address some of the areas you discussed. Our hotel prides its self on cleanliness and customer service and your review will allow us an opportunity to improve those areas Our intent is to 100% satisfy all our guest.

The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Free parking. Near downtown and most sights. 2 miles from lovely beaches. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Great for a weekend getaway. Nothing fancy.

• Stayed July 2012
Jeff V, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear guest,

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was very disappointed with this Hampton Inn. Yes the building my have been older than most however that is not a reason to allow the place to fall apart. The carpet in our room had stains all over the A/C was not the best and the shower was way too small. When you remodel a building it should look almost perfect on the inside. I shouldn't be able to see the sub-floor from my bed. The Hilton in town is a much better deal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this review, July 10, 2012

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The receptionist at check in was very nice but not very helpful about restaurants--the breakfoot food was mediocre. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy-we got connecting rooms which was a great blessing(my mother and daughter were in one room and I was in another) but the pool was dirty and the person at the front desk (different person than at check in) was not very helpful. I do not plan to return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear guest ,

I’m Jeff Vallone GM at the Hampton Inn Historic, St. Augustine FL. Thank you for staying with us when you were in town. As GM at this property, I’m sorry that you were unhappy with the condition of our pool, breakfast food, and the perceived uncaring staff member during you stay at the hotel Our hotel prides its self on cleanliness and customer service and your review will allow us an opportunity to improve those areas. I’m disappointed that we will not be given another chance so that you personally can see how we have improved. I hope your stay with our hotel will not prevent you from staying with other Hilton properties. Our intent is to 100% satisfy all our guest.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The staff at the Hampton go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to assist you in any way possible. From fresh baked cookies to the freshest scent of linen its a delight staying here, even in the rain. The atmosphere of kindness and gratitude is contagious, even if you're arriving weary and tired. Helpful and knowledgeable staff are ready to assist you above and beyond the usual. I would definitely reccommend to anyone visiting this area. Thank you all for your generosity of spirit.

Kirk and Kathryn

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kirk and Kathryn ,

Hampton Inn Historic St. Augustine fl.

Been to Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District? Share your experiences!