“Nice but could use improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice but could use improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights. We were given a room right off the lobby and across from the laundry. Have to say that despite the location the room was pretty quiet. The decor could use some updating, it is getting a little shabby but everything was clean. Tile in bathroom floor under sink was cracked. Breakfast was great, hot meats and waffles, yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, all you would want for a hearty breakfast. Located right across from the Premium Outlet Mall and about a 15-20 minute ride to Old St Augustine. Didn't bring a computer but free wi-fi access is offered here. All-in-all a good stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
JuliaAGM, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
Dear Maryland_Mover,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am happy that you had a good experience at our Hampton Inn. The Free Hot Breakfast and convenient location can’t be beat. I appreciate your comments about our décor. We will have our maintenance team replace that tile and we look forward to renovating our property in the future. We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Julia, AGM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Deerfield Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Stayed here one night with 2 kids. Breakfast was good, staff was very friendly & helpful. Close to everything. Will stay here again.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear mafd529,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our Hampton Inn. We try our best to have friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings, every time. Sincerely, Julia, AGM.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Needed a place to stay on the way to Orlando & had a day to kill. We wanted to go someplace where we've never been so we ended up at the Hampton Inn in St Augustine. It was inexpensive and a very clean room & excellent continental breakfast in the morning. The staff are all very nice, friendly, and helpful. Based on their recommendations we went to Vilano Beach (great & you can park on the beach for $7), the Ghost Tour, and OC Whites for a great meal. Very short ride to the downtown area and right next to I95 to start our ride to Orlando in the morning. Would definitely recommend this. If you're staying longer and want to be closer to the action there's a Hampton Inn in town for a few extra bucks.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear JimmZed,
Thank you reviewing our Hampton Inn. I’m so happy you found us to be so convenient for your trip. Vilano Beach has always been a favorite of mine. Next time you are in St. Augustine, we’ll recommend new restaurants and places for you to explore. We are here 24 hours to provide you with friendly and honest advice.
Sincerely, Julia, AGM
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Look, Hampton Inns are clean, attractive and service oriented. You pay the extra 20-30 bucks so you are not in a corridor-less motor inn with dirty windows and stained carpeting. Keep in mind breakfast is free (want another waffle? Just go up for another one!) Down south they kill you with kindness, service and hospitality. And I've yet to visit one next to muffler shop or used car lot. This St Augustine Hampton Inn was rate negotiate-able (web coupons) and right up the road from the attractions.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dear HappySoberMan,
Thank you for your uplifting review. It’s nice to hear that our Hampton Inn was worth the money spent. We always try hard to provide our guests with “southern hospitality” and a clean environment. Thanks for mentioning the Waffles; they are hard to pass up!! Hope to see you again in the future.
Sincerely, Julia, AGM.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

My enjoyment with this hotel began with my conversation with Ashley. She listened carefully to my requests and provided me with directions, and a very good room. After we arrived, Ashley greeted us warmly and provided us with excellent service. Including directions to wonderful restaurant. I was very impressed with her professionalism and her kindness; she made us feel right at home.

The hotel itself was beautiful, well kept, and well lit. Our room was exceptionally clean with all the amenities including a wide screen television. The continental breafast was absolutely delicious and had a wide variety of hot and cold choices.

The real suprise was when I complimented them on their new hotel. I have stayed at quite a few hotels in my time; both new and old and refurbished. They explained that their hotel was ten (10) years old! I did not believe them, seriously did not. They told how this hotel had be refurbished, but there was absolutely, in no way, any sings that this had occurred. All we saw was a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Not sure what makes this a #1 ranking...nothing really wrong with the place, but very average at best. The Hampton in on St. Augustine Beach is far more desirable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Southeast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

My family stayed here April 2 -4, 2010. The place was clean, but I can't give it any raves. It's just off the interstate, very near to the outlet malls and an easy 10 - 15 min commute to the downtown tourist attraction area. It was nothing special however and we met both Ashley and Julia. It was a very generic Hampton Inn like many all over the country with nothing to distinguish it. We were on a vacation weekend and would choose a hotel with more of a vacation "feel" if we had to do it all over again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95? Share your experiences!