“Extremely friendly and helpful service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
New England
“Extremely friendly and helpful service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

The moment we stepped through the door we were greeted by an extremely courteous and helpful staff. A shining star by the name of Ashly greeted us at the front desk with great smile and a very positive attitude. What an excellent way to start our long weekend at Daytona Bike week 2010.

The room was very clean and while not the same as home, the bed was very comfortable.

After checking in we were advised that there would be coffee and warm cookies at 8:00 PM and they were delicious.

I have stayed here before and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

The reservation person, "Ashly" was helpful, courteous, friendly, happy, pleasant, professional..not only to us but with all other guests we witnessed while enjoying cookies and hot tea in the reception /bkft. area. Ashly should be cloned and placed in every hotel reception/check in desk. For a young person, she has shown professionism beyond her youth. She was an "ACE" in our books. We do travel a great deal so when we meet someone who meets our standards, other folks need to know.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
ATL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

This is a hotel where that the manager, desk clerk, house keeper and everyone is very cordial and helpful in meeting your needs as a person staying at this hotel. Very clean, food is well prepared and the atmosphere is exceptional.
J. Allen

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

We just finished a business conference and decided to spend a few days in the delightful town of St. Augustine. As a frequent Hampton guest, we reviewed Trip Advisor and discovered that this was the #1 location.

The Hampton did not match the reviews. Unfortunately, the hotel is dirty; the windows are smudged and the floors are not clean in the corner. The sheets on one bed did not appear to be clean as hairs were apparent in the sheets.

My last surprise was a tip jar in the breakfast area

There is no exercise area or pool. It is not a business hotel as our room did not have a desk and the outlets are few and far between.

This is my first review and I want others to know that this is not your "normal" Hampton so don't expect the usual standards.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
kdarkes, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, February 24, 2010
Dear KAY126,

I am the GM of the Hampton Inn St. Augustine Fl. I am very sorry about your stay with us and understand that you slected our hotel because of our rating with TripAdvisor. We have been rate #1 in St. Augustine for sometime and take much pride in that. I just wanted to know what room number you stayed in and did you notify the front desk about your room. We do not have an excersise room but we did have a outdoor pool.

I hope to hear back from you because this how we can better ourselves through guest comments.

Kenneth Darkes
904-824-4400 F
Kenneth.Darkes@hilton.com
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Disney World and had a pleasant one-night stay. My husband especially enjoyed the breakfast, which included warm omelettes with filling. They were probably frozen and simply heated up by the staff, but good nonetheless, and a nice addition to the usual continental breakfast offering. Perfectly fine hotel and we would stop there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

I stayed here after the Seminoles trouncing of the Mountaineers (lucky I booked early and got a good rate, it ended up being sold out). This hotel was in a great location for us after the game, so we were able to do some sightseeing in St Augustine the next day. This place was nice, I didn't hear any noise and room was a standard Hampton Inn. Breakfast was good too. I had read reviews on here, and picked this hotel based on that. So thank you. I also ate at Ruby Tuesday right near there and it was good too.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

Traveled with my 91 yr old mother and 65 year old sister. They were great at check in and walked us to our room to make sure that everything was to our liking and the the smoker room did not smell to bad. The brought us air fresher and left it in the room in case we needed it. Breakfast was also very good. Free breakfast with biscuit and sausage, eggs, juice, waffles and a bunch of other stuff. The evening check in people were the best and most friendliest in town.

• Stayed December 2009

Been to Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95? Share your experiences!