“Very Pretty Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 74 hotels in Saint Augustine
Palm Beach
“Very Pretty Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Well maintaned,pretty hotel. Perfect if you love golf..... It's a good 20 minute drive to downtown St Augustine.
Hotel staff very accomodating and the rooms are clean. Lots of conventions going on here..
The beautiful atrium is so relaxing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance WGV (RWGV) a few weeks ago for about five days. It was our first stay at RWGV. The hotel is in scenic green setting adjacent to a small man-made lake. Although the hotel looks like it’s next to I95, you really would not notice. It is set back far enough that the highway is not really visible. Setting is quiet and peaceful.

The hotel appears to relatively new with lots of open spaces. It has a nice pool and playground. I won’t bother to describe much more about the hotel itself since you can get that type of info from their website.

The hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating all around with no complaints. The bar staff was very friendly with a special recognition to Darnell at the bar. Breakfast staff was also pleasant.

I’m all about the Tips with my TA reviews since there usually lots of review, but this is the stuff that you really want to know.
- Room had only a shower. If you want a tub, you’ll have to ask.
- Self parking or very reasonable valet service
- Hotel Breakfast. If you intend to have breakfast most mornings it is well worth getting the breakfast included package since it will be roughly $10/person. Hotel has a la carte breakfast but also offers a breakfast buffet at $20/person which is why the breakfast included package is a good deal. Only had breakfast and lots of drinks at the bar at hotel so can’t speak about lunch or dinner.
- Starbucks. Is on-site in lobby.
- Rooms have a mini-fridge so you can bring some of you own food/drink to have in the room.
- Jogging. Around lake is about ½ to ¾ mile.
- Buildings in the complex for retail and restaurants but not really any occupancy.
- Golf Hall of Fame is right next to the RWGV. There is a mini-putting green and golf challenge (if you have ever wanted to try the 17th hole at Sawgrass TPC). These are included with GHOF admission.
- Caddyshack restaurant (Yes, owned by Bill Murray) next to the hotel parking lot. Good place for drinks and bar type food. Food is pretty good, better than expected. That’s always a good thing.
- St Augustine outlets are one or two exits down I95 (about 15-20 minutes away) and right off the highway. St Augustine town center is about 45 minutes away.
- Publix (supermarket), CVS, Walgreens, etc. Leaving the hotel at the traffic lights at the end of WGV Blvd take a right (opposite direction from I95) and drive down about a mile.

Overall a very nice hotel and we will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashleigh B, Guest Services Manager at The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Those are some great tips and will be really useful to our future guests. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy the wonderful amenities that we offer. Thank you also for writing about Darnell. I will make sure that he is recognized for his superior service. We look forward to your next visit.

Guest Services Manager
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We like staying in Florida during off times. Our stay at the end of September found a very quiet resort. We received an upgrade to a larger room with a balcony view of the lagoon. Bathroom was very large, there was a small bar area and fridge, and a nice balcony to sit on. Our room was on the 8th floor, so the view was great. Make sure to get a room away from the ice makers, as they are very noisy. The lobby area was gorgeous, with a billiard room and a bar area. Free wifi in the lobby, but in room has a fee. Pool area was great, and the round pool is very large. We ate at the CaddyShack Restaurant. Not much retail in the area, so you need a car for shopping. Everything was clean! Enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice makers.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel goes out of its way to make everyone feel like a VIP. Service is top-notch throughout the hotel. The breakfast buffet was delicious and plentiful. The restaurant was really a pleasant suprise. Upscale enough for adults, but still kid friendly. Our room was super clean, and they gave you plenty of towels! I hate it when places are stingy with linens. Also they had Aveda toiletrie, which I love!! The pool area was fabulous too, definitely the kids favorite part. The location is outside of the main tourist spots. I recommend purchasing a trolley pass, for sight seeing. I highly recommend this establishment!

• Stayed June 2013
Ashleigh B, Guest Services Manager at The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you or taking the time to post your review. I am so happy that everyone in your family enjoyed themselves and the amenities that we offer. We hope to see you again soon.

Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am not one to be negative and try to see the bright spots in the places I visit, even if they were not all that I was anticipating. We traveled for a convention and made reservations with an adjacent condo property over 4 months ago, specifically requesting a certain type of room/accommodation. Upon arrival we found a different room than requested and ended up having to move. The Villagio restaurant on site is very nice/ however, you must check your bill. We put it on our card and left the tip on the card as well, only to find out that the waiter took a higher tip than we left on the card when we checked our statement. I had this happen twice on my most recent visit. I would not say this is a very family friendly resort. Definitely catering to the those who are into golf primarily.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry that your experience with the villas was not what you were expecting. I will certainly pass along the information that you provided to them so that they can investigate what happened. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself while on our property and dined in our restaurant Villagio. I encourage you to double check your statement again and you should see the right amount posted. Our credit card system automatically preauthorizes 20% on top of your bill to secure the funds left for a gratuity. If this is not the case please contact Villagio’s at your convenience.

Lutherville,md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went to The World of Golf to see the golf Museum and play golf for 3 days. This hotel is only 25 monutes from the Jacksonville Airport and right next to the World of Golf Headquarters. It has 600 rooms and was 85% sold out when we arrived but we were treated promptly at check in and never had to wait for anything. The dinner restaurant was very good, clean, good staff and very reasonable. I would stay there again if we go back to play golf there again.

Room Tip: MOst of the roomss have a deck and I would request one and either a lake or golf course view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ashleigh B, Guest Services Manager at The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at our Resort and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We offer a variety of golf packages for one and two golfers as well as discounts for Marriott Rewards members, AAA members and senior citizens. We look forward to your next visit.

Ashleigh B.
Memphis TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I were here for a convention so I wasn't thinking this was going to be much of a trip. I was surprised....this hotel could easily market for family, couples friends etc. Not just golf. It might have had somewhat of a business feel (prob just because thats why we were there) but we did have a very nice room with a balcony. Staff was very friendly. The bar was a nice open area with TV's. The pool was very nice and well equipped with plenty of tables, lounge chairs.
Dinner and breakfast was very good, I think a little overpriced(especially breakfast) but from my experience most full service restaurants in hotels usually are. There is also a great outlet shopping center very close by! And you should visit the historical part of town as well.
I have to say, very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort? Share your experiences!