We stayed at the Renaissance WGV (RWGV) a few weeks ago for about five days. It was our first stay at RWGV. The hotel is in scenic green setting adjacent to a small man-made lake. Although the hotel looks like it’s next to I95, you really would not notice. It is set back far enough that the highway is not really visible. Setting is quiet and peaceful.
The hotel appears to relatively new with lots of open spaces. It has a nice pool and playground. I won’t bother to describe much more about the hotel itself since you can get that type of info from their website.
The hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating all around with no complaints. The bar staff was very friendly with a special recognition to Darnell at the bar. Breakfast staff was also pleasant.
I’m all about the Tips with my TA reviews since there usually lots of review, but this is the stuff that you really want to know.
- Room had only a shower. If you want a tub, you’ll have to ask.
- Self parking or very reasonable valet service
- Hotel Breakfast. If you intend to have breakfast most mornings it is well worth getting the breakfast included package since it will be roughly $10/person. Hotel has a la carte breakfast but also offers a breakfast buffet at $20/person which is why the breakfast included package is a good deal. Only had breakfast and lots of drinks at the bar at hotel so can’t speak about lunch or dinner.
- Starbucks. Is on-site in lobby.
- Rooms have a mini-fridge so you can bring some of you own food/drink to have in the room.
- Jogging. Around lake is about ½ to ¾ mile.
- Buildings in the complex for retail and restaurants but not really any occupancy.
- Golf Hall of Fame is right next to the RWGV. There is a mini-putting green and golf challenge (if you have ever wanted to try the 17th hole at Sawgrass TPC). These are included with GHOF admission.
- Caddyshack restaurant (Yes, owned by Bill Murray) next to the hotel parking lot. Good place for drinks and bar type food. Food is pretty good, better than expected. That’s always a good thing.
- St Augustine outlets are one or two exits down I95 (about 15-20 minutes away) and right off the highway. St Augustine town center is about 45 minutes away.
- Publix (supermarket), CVS, Walgreens, etc. Leaving the hotel at the traffic lights at the end of WGV Blvd take a right (opposite direction from I95) and drive down about a mile.
Overall a very nice hotel and we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore everything that downtown St. Augustine has to offer! Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Convention Center offers a complimentary shuttle for individual guests to and from downtown St. Augustine(based on availability). The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort offers fresh, well appointed accommodations featuring 37 inch flat-panel televisions, sparkling new bathrooms and furnishings, high-speed wireless Internet access, spacious work areas, wet bars and refrigerators among many modern luxuries. Meet in the largest combination hotel and convention center between Orlando and Atlanta. Within 15 minutes of the resort enjoy 108 holes of championship golf, including the Slammer and Squire, located just steps from your guest room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Renaissance Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Renaissance