“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Atlanta, Georgia
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We wanted to spend a night near St. Augustine on our way to Port Canaveral, and stumbled across a great deal on this one via the internet. We were very pleased with the grounds, and the hotel itself was exceptional. The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. It's a longer drive into St. Augustine than expected, but still only took a few minutes to get there. The staff was friendly and helpful. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony! Very nice!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel is in a excellent location, if you are a golfer this is you place. It is very close from St. Augustine old city.

It has a beautyful lobby and the pool is nice.

The rooms are small, but nice.

• Stayed July 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Location at the WGV is excellent and the hotel is nice. Lobby and amenities are excellent, room decor modern and clean. Definitely request a room with a balcony, it's a nice sit early in the morning or later in the evening as the breeze picks up and the temps drop. My nits are as follows, limited dining in the area, if you aren't eating there (or at Murray Bro's) there isn't anything else within 10 minutes, the room has a fridge but no microwave. Now my biggie... the check in process is horrid. They have 4 individual desks to serve guests as you arrive, hope you don't arrive at the same time several other people are checking in as there is no rhyme or reason, no line, it's a free for all to get the first available clerk.

Room Tip: Request a balcony room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this property in June 2013. The property is very nice. However the morning after my first stay, I noticed that the mini fridge in my room was pulled out very far. It looked odd so I pushed it back to wear it was flush with the wall and revealed a thick layer of black slimey mold. It was apparent to me that the fridge had been pulled forward to conceal this. I snapped a picture, packed my things and headed down to the front desk. I explained and showed the picture to the woman at the front desk. She was appalled by the picture and asked to take it and show her manager. When she came back she told me that she would upgrade me to a king suite. This was beyond my expectations of just getting another room. She told me that no rooms were clean right now and to apologize offered me a free breakfast. She took my phone number and said she would call me as soon as my room was ready to be checked in. I was very impressed that they were so willing to compensate for their issue. After a day of exploring St. Augustine, I returned to the hotel at about 4pm, having never received a phone call. When I asked the man working the front desk, he had no idea what I was talking about. He told me that because I was staying on a Marriott associate rate there was no way he could give me an upgrade and a free meal and his attitude suggested that the whole thing was a clever ruse I put on to get free stuff. Until I showed his the picture. He was also apalled and took it to the back to show the manager. He came back and said he was sorry I misunderstood earlier but he could not offer me a free meal in addition to an upgrade. I told him I did not misunderstand anything, it was very clear what I was told. He tried to be polite but had an attitude at the same time. Ultimately I was upgraded which was nice but totally unnecessary. The experience was very irritating. While I was impressed with the handling of the morning staff, no one ever followed through and two separate "managers" had two different ways to handle things. Very disappointing. The staff really dropped the ball. I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
West Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Located just off I 95 between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, the World Village Marriott is an oasis in the middle of highway.

The beautiful grounds and golf courses surrounding the hotel make a lovely back drop to an extraordinary Renaissance.

We had an amazing suite of rooms. A clean room with a nice size sitting area, with a makeshift kitchenette, a gorgeous bathroom and a lovely bedroom accompanied by a walk around veranda.

Overall, it was a great experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront view on an upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband is an avid golfer so for his 60th birthday celebration I surprised him with a stay and rounds of golf at the Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and I am so happy we both loved our time there. This grand hotel is well maintained with clean rooms and a view from the balcony of our allocated room, thanks to a fine manager, Chris, to take in the surroundings with delight!

Since we were there for 6 days, familiar names and faces of staff set us at ease to enjoy that feeling of being "home away from home" and they always gave us a reason to smile while running a "tight ship" of a multitude of summer holidaymakers checking in and out around the clock but they handled it so beautifully, you wouldn't even know it! True professionals!

We wish to also thank Scott who was absolutely wonderful and attentive in making my husband and I feel very special on his birthday. There's so much to see there at walking distance apart from the Golf Hall of Fame, the informal restaurant nearby and the inviting, wonderful evening strolls right there at your footsteps put the icing on the cake! Of course, the nearby places of interest in St. Augustine are just a short drive away and it felt nice to return after exploring the city to a clean, well cared for room with hospitable staff.

If you're looking for a nice balance between tranquility and exploration in St. Augustine with a lovely, fluffy pillow to relax and unwind then I'd most definitely recommend you book your stay at The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We use this hotel annually for a group of about 60+ rooms because they are a full service conference oriented hotel and can accommodate both the number of rooms and the meeting space to feed the group breakfast in the morning. It's been about three years in a row and while this past year was the most challenging, we had not experienced a problem in the past and did sign a contract to return this upcoming year after some deliberations with the hotel management (they contracted all double/double beds but when we arrived we had fewer than half the number necessary to accommodate the group). The physical property is beautiful and spacious, I like the free parking and how accessible to the resort it is (park right near the front door and walk up, making trips to the car easy). The arrival experience with no real front desk but more like a podium encourages the staff to walk freely about and have more face to face interaction with the guests. When I checked in the front desk associate never even stepped behind the desk, he shook my hand when I walked the front door, we walked together to his kiosk where my keys were laying already made up on the counter, he handed them to me, nothing to swipe (I'm a Marriott Rewards Platinum and it was complimentary stay with a credit card already on file) and I was in my room in just a few minutes. The snag was quite challenging with the double beds but the hotel staff worked with me for several hours accommodating us with upgraded larger rooms, relocating some staff to a nearby hotel and paying for an executive of ours to relocate to an expensive sister property downtown. Again, we're returning this year and I'm most appreciative of management working through everything with me to encourage us to come back because it really is the only hotel in town for a group our size.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort? Share your experiences!