“Wonderful time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Atlanta
“Wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We spent Labor Day weekend here with another couple so we had two rooms reserved. Checkin was quick and easy with an upgrade to an upper floor with a view w/o asking. As I am a Marriott Platinum member, I was pleased at the quality and style of this hotel as it is a Level 4...easily could have been a Level 6 hotel. Good full service hotel with no complaints...everyone pleasant and courteous,everything clean.

But the best feature of this hotel is the day pass access to the Serenata Beach Club on Ponte Vedra Beach. This turned this inland golf resort hotel into a worldclass beach destination that we will definitely come back to. The Serenata Beach Club had all of the amenities of a world class resort directly on the beach. Two large pools, one for kids and one for adults, made this a very pleasant adult pool experience...no splashing, screaming children! Full restaurant and bar service right by the pool. Full beach amenities on a beautiful crushed shell beach.

Next time there I'll actually play some golf. Again, great hotel for Marriott members at a Level 4 price will make you think you are at a Level 6. Great value and experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Harden P, Front Office Manager at The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to deliver exceptional quality products and services to our guest. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us some feedback. Your comments will be shared with our team.

We want to continue being your destination of choice when you are in the Northeast Florida area. If we can be of any further assistance please feel free to reach to me at your leisure.

904-940-8618

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Resort was beautiful and well kept. Rooms were very spacious and clean. Pool area was very nice and they had a playground for kids. Italian restaurant on site was one of the best italian meals I have eaten. Cannot wait to go again. One exit from Outlet Mall was another plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf view balcony room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 3 year old son, and I spent Labor Day weekend at the Renaissance. We usually stay at the Sawgrass Marriott in Ponte Vedra but were interested in the Serenata Beach Club that Renaissance guests can utilize. The beach club appeared to be more child-friendly with a large family pool and a separate zero-entry water play area.

We arrived after midnight on the Friday evening/Saturday morning and the staff was quick to assist with luggage and check-in. Since we were exhausted from travel, I gladly took our assigned room without asking any questions about location. This was my error. We were in room 201 with a beautiful view of the parking lot. There are several rooms facing the parking lot and I suggest you request a room with a pool or resort/garden view. It was very disappointing to open the blinds everyday to look out on the parking lot, as if we were at a motel. As I said, this was my error. I don't know if we would have been given a different room if I asked but I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

The rooms are modern and clean. We especially enjoyed the mini fridge in the room, using it to store bottled water, juice, and yogurt for breakfast.

The beach club was exactly what we were hoping for and we spent the majority of our days there. The relationship with the hotel and the club is seamless so you don't feel like an outsider. You can bill food and drinks directly to your room. The club is an easy 25 minute drive from the hotel and we never felt like it was too far. We twice used the pool and hot tub on the property. It was just ok.

We would definitely return to this hotel in the future. Next time, I will be sure to ask for a different room.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

The next time you are in the area please contact us so that we can reserve your specific room that you are looking for to help ensure a perfect stay.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having traveled to several cities on several planes, I arrived to the Renaissance late on a Friday night. Yet the hospitality was alert and ambitious, even making food available after hours! This level of hospitality continued for the three day, two-night stay. And, the breakfast buffet is incredible. I will have a major event there later this month and know that it is in good hands. Well done, Scott, Paul, Ashley, James, Bryan, and Natalie! Ken M

Room Tip: I would add a bit more equipment to the fitness room, but i did take advantage of it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

As a Marriott Platinum member I was very disappointed with my stay. When I entered the room for the first time, the beds had not been cleaned and changed from the previous guests. In addition the balcony was dirty, full of spiders and their webs. I immediately informed the front desk, was offered an apology, and told the matter would be immediately corrected. When I returned seven hours later nothing had been corrected. It took two more additional visits to the front desk before things were corrected. I asked for another room, but was told the hotel was sold out. In addition, the radio/clock beside the bed did not work, the light at the desk did not work, and once that night there was a loud girgling sound and I found waste water was coming up out of the drain in the bathroom sink.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
I am so sorry that your experience with us was less than what we expected. We strive to deliver exceptional quality products and services to our guest. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us some feedback. Your comments have been shared with our team to review why the service failures. I assure you that this is not typical of our property.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Horrible horrible horrible. First off, we got to our check in and they tell us we don't have a room reserved. It took me calling their own customer service in front of them to prove to them I actually HAD a reservation. That was a 30 minute fiasco itself. Secondly since they had a miscommunication with their customer service center which made our reservation, they ended up giving our room away and giving us a DOUBLE on our couples getaway weekend. They PROMISED us they would upgrade us to a suite and dropped the ball on that the next day then ended up giving us a room with the rooms that floors were sopping WET. There were 4 people in front of us in line complaining with the SAME issues. Never ever ever again will I stay at a Marriott. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My boy friend and i decided to go to ST. Augustine for a day and loved this hotel so much we stayed an extra night .I have been to st. Augustine several times, and stayed at different hotels in the city, but none compare to this. Everything was perfect! the location, only 15 minutes away,the food, at the Villagio was amazing we ate dinner there both nights " the mussels" are to die for and break fast buffet with fresh pastries and omelet station yumm! The room was very comfortable and clean ( Big difference from the other hotels around the area) and the service was great! Cannot wait to go back ! I am going to have to pick up golf just to have an excuse to stay here !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort? Share your experiences!