We stayed here recently for a conference and had a very enjoyable time. The room, although not the King we expected, was comfortable enough for the two of us. It was nice to have a sink and fridge in the room but a microwave would have made it even nicer! The room itself was quite spacious and so was the bathroom. The housekeeping staff did a great job keeping it supplied with all the amenities without ever having to be asked (as it should be, but oftentimes is not). The Wi-fi, at $12.95 a day, is no bargain but when I asked, I was told there was free Wi-fi in the lobby area. Speaking of the lobby, it is a beautiful area, reminicent of Embassy Suites, with fountains and foliage and varying types of seating options. It was extremely confortable sitting there for a few hours on my computer surfing the net. I found the staff to be very helpful when enquiring about the shuttle to downtown St Augustine (2x a day) and also the day pass to their beach resort, Serenata Beach Club. Although I did not take advantage of either, I think I would have liked to spend the day at the Serenata. It looked absolutely beautiful!! One thing that I did find disturbing was the noise. Since the set up is around an atrium, the loud noises from the bar area were channeled up to our room and at midnight, those noises are not welcome!! Also, the lovely noise from the waterfalls and fountains is delightful during the day, but not so much much at bedtime. The outdoor pool area is beautiful, manicured and very clean. I did enjoy some quiet time reading out there. We ate at the Villagio and the food was very good (ample portions for good price). I was not as impressed with Caddyshack, however. Since we had a car, the outlets and downtown St Augustine are both within a short drive, although it seems to take forever to get out of the resort complex itself. All in all, we had a very nice stay at this hotel and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore everything that downtown St. Augustine has to offer! Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Convention Center offers a complimentary shuttle for individual guests to and from downtown St. Augustine(based on availability). The 4 Diamond Renaissance World Golf Village Resort offers fresh, well appointed accommodations featuring 37 inch flat-panel televisions, sparkling new bathrooms and furnishings, high-speed wireless Internet access, spacious work areas, wet bars and refrigerators among many modern luxuries. Meet in the largest combination hotel and convention center between Orlando and Atlanta. Within 15 minutes of the resort enjoy 108 holes of championship golf, including the Slammer and Squire, located just steps from your guest room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Renaissance Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Renaissance