“this stay was pleasant and restfull” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
georgia
“this stay was pleasant and restfull”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Truth is i was a little skeptical about staying here after reading some of the reviews. we wanted to save as much money as possible on a hotel so we could enjoy other things in st. augustine since all we do is sleep there anyway. It was our 17 year anniversary as well, and we decided to give this hotel a try and see for ourselves. We were happy to find this place clean, and quiet , very comfortable bed and housekeeping cleaned well after we were out for the day so we came back to a nice room. I found nothing to complain about with this hotel. It is not a fancy place but it suit our purpose, as well as our budget. I will stay here the next time i visit.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

I booked this hotel based on an add on Orbitz.com. I called several times for information so I knew I was booking exactly what I wanted for the price I was qouted and each time I was told I was getting a 2 bedroom apartment suite only to arrive to some indian guy telling me that I pust pay 100$ more than I was told if I wanted that room. So I was forced to pay 100$ a night for a 1 bedroom "suite" with bloody pillows and stained couches. The man at the front desk ran was rude threatend to call the police if we did not stay the night we had booked. Charged my credit card without notice. It was the worst experience I had ever had.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

We stayed her on June 10th 2009 and this was by far the best 2 star hotel I have EVER stayed at. The lady at the front desk was as sweet and helpful as she could be. Interesting to talk to her...She was from india and we talked a lot about her heritage. The rooms were the average regular hotel rooms but comfortable and very clean. The pool was clean and my daughters just loved it. They had a coffee maker in the rooms but the coffee at the front dest is better. As far as location it's about 1.5 miles to downtown...MAYBE and it is on San Marco, but the traffic is not that bad where the hotel is. Only problem we had were some very loud guest on one of the nights there, but the front Desk took care of it quickly, and made sure all was well with us after. Two star rating with a three or four star customer service. I highly recomend staying here and I will stand behind that. These people were great the staff were nice and the rooms were cleaned. We paid 72 a night but it was well worth the money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I would stay here again. Friendly staff. Clean room. I liked the large bathroom, which was clean except for a few stray hairs on the floor. The towels weren't great--too small, thin, and rough. The sheets were decent. The room has windows front and back so there is cross-ventilation. The room had been aired out. It was very cold during our visit and heat worked well. The room came with a microwave and mini-fridge.

• Stayed January 2009
boca raton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

I called to have my trip paid for in advance 2 weeks before I left I have done this before int he past with other hotels and if they can do it they do it if they can't do they let me know. The manager Shurshe Petel took my card information but did not use my card information for what I called for. When I checked in and asked that my stay was paid in full the woman who is his wife told me yes. I however was not charged until after I returned home. I called very up set the next day that Igave my credit card information over the phone and they didn't use it for what I asked them to use it for or inform me thats not something they can do the manager got very defensive would not appologize for the misunderstanding so I called their 1800 customer complain number. I had to wait 5 days to hear back form the manager in St. Augustine but still very up set I called Shursh Petel back And was told that they been working and their end to resolve the matter witht hei attorneies. They needed my bank account information and social security number to help me any further. I told them they were crazy I would not give them that infomation. They told me if I wasn't willing to work with them they couldn't help me. When I called the 1800 number they told me there is no reason to get an attorney involved in this isue or to ever ask a customer for their social and Bank information. Use cautoion when booking here. I believe these people are crooks.

• Liked — There are other hotels close to the same area for the same rate to go to
  • Disliked — Customer service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wausau, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

We chose this hotel based on recommendations from the Visitor Center across from the Ripley's Mueseum in St. Augustine FL.
We were quoted a rate of $69 per night per room from the owner of the property. Upon arrival, we were told that there w wanted to use it there would be a $30 charge. My son was very excitedas only one room and the other one had a jacuzzi and that if I about the jacuzzi tub. I agreed to the charge. I wasn't as vigilant about reading the contract as I should have been...my fault I know. The room was charged to me at a rate of $139 for one room for one night. When I discussed it with the owner I was told that I needed to pay more attention and that she told me what the rate was. The $69 quote was a lie to get us to the property.
The room itself was nothing special. The quilt/bed spread was run down and full of pills. There were throw pillows on the bed that were not fit for touching and there was a blood spot on the toilet seat.
These people are dishonest. Do NOT stay at this property. You would be much better off staying closer to downtown.

• Liked — Nothing....the shuttle bus could'nt even get into the driveway.
  • Disliked — The owner was a rude liar.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2007

We have stayed here twice since our daughter started college at Flagler in Sept. 07. The prices are the most reasonable in the area, especially during Flagler events such as check-in and family weekend--all the other hotels are so far beyond reasonable because there really are not a lot of lodging choices in St. Augustine.
All the rooms have a min-fridge, coffee maker, microwave, hair dryer and FREE internet. I'm not sure if they all have a safe but ours did. Nice outdoor pool as well. The rooms are also very clean and everything works--no maintenance problems whatsoever. Since we aren't ever in the room very much, all we need is a place to sleep and shower, but we do have pretty high standards as far as cleanliness and so, obviously, do the owners. We have very rarely come across such wonderful people as the owners. They truly care about their guests comfort and have great advice for those unfamiliar with the area.
Drive time to Flagler, is about 5 minutes. Heck, drive time to anywhere in St. Augustine is about 5 minutes! But seriously, the property is really close to everything but you will have to drive the 5 minutes and find a place to park for sightseeing, shopping and attractions. Speaking of attractions, don't miss the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum.
The beach is really close as well so unless you absolutely have to stay somewhere with a view of the water, insist on a hotel with room service, indoor pool and fitness center, or have excess money to waste staying at one of the other over-priced properties, there is no reason to stay anywhere else but here!!
Walk good!

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — No frills. I tend to like frills.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Travelodge Suites Saint Augustine? Share your experiences!