“Good for those on a budget” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn St. Augustine to your Saves list
Knights Inn St. Augustine
Knights Inn St. Augustine
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2500 North Ponce De Leon Boulevard, Saint Augustine, FL 32084 (Formerly Thriftlodge)   |
Ranked #69 of 75 hotels in Saint Augustine
Pine Mountain, Georgia, United States
“Good for those on a budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed during the weekend of the 2013 Daytona 500 so we were only looking for a place to sleep. The hotel is older and in need of basic maintenance. But for the price, it was a good bargain. One cannot expect a 5-star hotel at their price. Good points: price and staff was very friendly, recommending excellent family-owned seafood restaurants in the area, and just off interstate. Bad points: missing light bulbs in the lamps, worn electrical outlets. Not easy to find when arriving from north I-95.

Room Tip: Noticed other reviewer's complaints regarding noise. We had a room facing the pool, which faces...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Tried to get refund after walking into the nightmare of a room. Owner was very hostile and would not help us. Threatened to call the police on us... Never met a mor unreasonable person in my life. Don't stay here, do yourself a favor.

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the man at the front desk was very kind and helpful. The hotel is about 5 minutes away from the Castillo, which was great. Sure, being on the main part itself would have been nice but it was still in a good location. It was a great price for no-frills budget traveling.

• Stayed December 2012
Sebastian, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was the ABSOLUTE WORST hotel experience ever. The owner lied about being the owner because he didn't want to deal with any issues. Everything was broken in our room. The beds were filthy and the other party traveling with us had hair in their sheets. The owner charged us $45 more for our stay than our parties even with the same number of people. Threatened to call the police on us. Yelled and swore at my husband and we had to use napkins that we brought with as toilet paper because they wouldn't allow us to get anything else until the extra fee was paid. Never ever ever again would anyone PAY me even to stay here. The room didn't smell but that was the only thing that was normal about this. It is cheaper to actually stay downtown historic than to have this guy rip you off. They also tried to overcharge our other party.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel was quite, simple and had all I needed, my stay was for 2 days, my 1st visit to Saint Augustine. The price was awesome, the people were nice and always ask if I was and need of anything. The hotel was clean, parking lot was fine, didn't have to park away from my room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Northern, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

After reading all the other reviews, I was kind of scared to stay here but me being the adventurer that I am, I decided what the heck. All we were looking for was a place to sleep. I agree the place is old and could use a lot of cosmetic work. But if what you're looking for is an economical place to stay that is VERY CLOSE to all the good attractions, this place will do nicely. No, its not the Holiday Inn. Its very basic but what do you expect for the price?? I read one of the reviews which said the pool was nasty. They must have fixed that because it looks pretty good to me. I wasn't expecting much when we got here but I was pleasantly surprised that it really isn't bad if all you're looking for is a clean bed and a shower. Old...yes. Nasty...NO.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Orange Park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

pool area closed and disgusting looking, building run down

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn St. Augustine? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn St. Augustine

Address: 2500 North Ponce De Leon Boulevard, Saint Augustine, FL 32084 (Formerly Thriftlodge)
Location: United States > Florida > Saint Augustine
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #69 of 75 hotels in Saint Augustine
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Knights Inn St. Augustine 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Knights Inn St. Augustine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Knights Inn Saint Augustine
Knights Inn St Augustine

If you own or manage Knights Inn St. Augustine, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.