“Nice, Clean, updated, and SAFE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jaybird's Inn

You added Jaybird's Inn to your Saves list
Jaybird's Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 North Ponce de Leon Blvd, Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Ranked #10 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Steinhatchee, Florida
“Nice, Clean, updated, and SAFE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My first thought when I pull into a hotel that I don't have to pay hoards of money for, is, "is this place in a safe location." I hate to have a concern of if my vehicle will be safe in the parking lot, or if I will be to scared to go into the parking lot at night time, etc. This place is in a central location. Friendly visitors and staff. It has recently been renovated, so it has a nice modern flare to it. Clean beds and shower. AC/Heater worked and no noisy neighbors. The staff was very nice as well. We ate breakfast at the restaurant and it was absolutely fabulous. Not too pricey, and conveniently next door :) (obviously) We had some drinks after dinner at the bar, wherein Chris was our server. He was literally the nicest dude in St. Augustine. I HIGHLY recommend a raise for this guy :) He knew ALL the drinks, and when he was out of an ingredient, he immediately knew how to improvise, and charged accordingly. I give him 5 stars, along with the hotel and restaurant. We will ABSOLUTELY stay again. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Jaybird's for one night while passing through.
The rooms have been redone quite beautifully and everything was spacious - something that we had come to appreciate in comparison to other places on that trip.

The only "issue" I had with the motel was that the wifi did not work during our stay. I was informed that they had troubles when I checked in, but they were not resolved when we left the next day. As Europeans with no data plan in the states we were relying on wifi during this trip, but we managed in the end. I haven't seen anything about the wifi being down in the other reviews, so I guess it was just bad luck and they resolved it as quickly as possible.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a lovely hotel close to all the attractions that Saint Augustine has to offer and at a very reasonable price. Our room was clean and the staff friendly. We had a great breakfast and all the usual hotel amenities. I was sorry we had to leave.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor and quiet and convenient, at the door, parking.
Green Features: There were CFI bulbs and a modern heating/cooling system.
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel because of the price and reviews from Trip Advisor for a race I was in town for. I always get nervous when I book a hotel other than the most common ones. But when we pulled up the hotel looked nice from the outside. The lobby was nice and the lady that checked us in was very nice. Once we got up to our room and opened the door we were AMAZED!! The inside of the room was very modern with a nice color scheme and I loved the wood-like floors. I was very impressed and relieved. It was perfect! Upon reading the guest services book I discovered that the hotel had bicycles that we could checkout for FREE!! My friend and I went on a 4 mile bike ride through downtown and it was awesome. The Manager was very accommodating with a special request we had and we truly appreciate him for it.

If this race becomes an annual event or if I am ever in St. Augustine again this would definitely be the place that I would stay and recommend to all my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a last minute booking. It was a very busy weekend in St. Augustine and very few hotel rooms were available at very high prices. Jaybird's Inn had a room available at a very reasonable rate. Based on the price, I didn't expect much. I was pleasantly surprised by a spacious and comfortable room with an extremely comfortable bed and a good flat-screen TV. The room was immaculate and attractive . The bathroom was well appointed with plenty of good size bath towels and a refrigerator. There was even in-room Starbucks Coffee. First time I'd ever seen that anywhere. On top of all that, free breakfast was included. What a deal! I will be back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
1,610 reviews 1,610 reviews
1,519 helpful votes 1,519 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a hip, modern 2 story hotel with up to date furnishings. Modern and very comfortable. We had a very large room on the first floor facing Picolata Street. Excellent king sized bed, sofa/lounger, modern desk and chairs, large floor screen TV, excellent free wifi, marble counter tops, large walk in shower, fridge and microwave and excellent reading lights over bed. Inviting large lobby, breakfast area with sofas, books and gigantic flat screen TV. Breakfast was adequate. Waffles and gourmet muffins plus cold cereals, juice, bagels, etc. This is truly a great place. The only issue is bothersome street noise at times. It is on the corner of busy US 1 and Picolatta St. which goes into Route 16. At times, there are loud motorcycles, trucks and occasionally, a train passing on the other side of US 1. Noise was less during the night, but I had to use ear plugs to reduce the noise. It might be better to get a room in the rear away from both roads. We paid about $89 a night for two nights. We highly recommend this hotel and wiould return in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room far from the two roads. On the south side you do not face the road. Some street...
Brandon, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed in a suite, which was huge and nicely decorated. King bed was very comfortable. Although the hotel is on a main road, the rooms were quiet. The staff was very helpful. My friend stayed in a standard room, which was also very big and decorated in a modern style. The place has obviously been updated recently. Very clean and nice. Didn't use the bikes or eat at the restaurant. The restaurant is across a side street and we initially thought an older building behind the restaurant was the hotel. We were relieved to find it was not. The hotel is described as being in the historic district of St. Augustine, but it was actually about a mile or two from the main historic area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Jaybird's Inn? Share your experiences!