“Review of Days Inn St Augustine Fl” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Historic Downtown

You added Days Inn Historic Downtown to your Saves list
Days Inn Historic Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 North Ponce de Leon Blvd., Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #62 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
JACKSONVILLE
“Review of Days Inn St Augustine Fl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Although the Days Inn St Augustine was old - our room was neat and extremely clean. The weather was cold and rainy but the heater in the room was great. We stopped in at the Denny's on sight to have coffee and dessert - the very nice waitress offered us a to go cup at no extra charge. Hotel very convenient to everything but not in the middle of all the hustle and bustle - our evening was spent at the Limelight Theatre right across the street from our room so we did not have to move our car - just walked across the street. Thank you for excellent service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Jane P, Manager at Days Inn Historic Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review of our property and our staff. We are glad you enjoyed yuor stay with us and hope to see you again when you visit the area.

Jane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
JERSEY CITY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The room was really substandard. There were not outlets that worked so I could not plug in my computer. The internet/wifi was poor. Dingy room. The manager tried to be helpful but he could not help me. There was no one he could give me to call to give my feedback. I would like someone to call me. The TV did not work or I could not figure it out. By that time I had had it. 917 806 4424, thanks, Mark

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

TITUSVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

For the price I paid for this hotel the room was better than expected. I figured it would be fair or poor but its newly renovated. I was please and would stay again. However, stay away from the DENNYS

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Jane P, Manager at Days Inn Historic Downtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about stay with us. It helps us serve our guests better. Hope you will come back for another great stay.

Dunedin, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We chose this Days Inn because of its location believing it to be near the Historic district. It was a bit of a walk but the trolley was a short two blocks away and we took advantage of that. The room certainly did not live up to our expectations. While we could see that they were updating some of the rooms and the curtains, bedspreads, etc. were relatively new, we weren't comfortable in the room at all. As another reviewer mentioned, the sheets, and the mattress pad come off during the night as they are not the best quality or fit and we were sleeping directly on the mattress when morning came.

Some other details were: the waste baskets in the room didn't have liners, the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work, the cover on the air conditioning unit fell off on the sidewalk outside when it was bumped inside the room as the unit was too rusted to hold it on. But, the big item was the cockroaches around the bathroom sink. A couple of varieties that we noticed on the second day we were there. I did notify the front desk of this and wrote to customer care at Wyndham to be fair but I would like to know this before I book a room. I would change my mind. Spend a couple more dollars (it wouldn't take much to do better) and get a room you can relax in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your room. We are working on upgrading our rooms, we have changed carpets and tiles in the bathroom and vanity area in the entire hotel. We also use Massey pest control service and they service our property on monthly bases. Once again I want to apologize and hope you will give us another chance.

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have reviewed this hotel twice before and been disappointed in it the quality both times. The only saving grace was the value considering its location to downtown St. Augustine. That is no longer the case as the negatives finally outweigh any benefit; a few extra bucks and you can stay at a very nice alternative. For ease, I will list the negatives: the toilet required that you hold the handle down the entire flush plus some to complete the disposal (waste of water is an understatement), the carpet is unbelievably disgusting, five swipes with a wet wash cloth on the carpet turned the washcloth from white to pitch black (no exaggeration), the bed cover had what I will politely describe as a "brown stain" on the underside, the closet consists of a wood dowel for hanging and a piece of plain wood for a shelf, only 2!! drawers for clothes (yep 2!!!).
Do yourself a favor and pass on this one, try the Ramada right behind it which is priced similarly and is currently undergoing a renovation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to learn that your stay with us was not pleasant. I would also like to let you know that we have done some upgrades and also changed toilets in the rooms. We are still working on upgrading our rooms. Hope you will give us another chance to show we try and work hard to keep our guests happy.

Jane

Been to Days Inn Historic Downtown? Share your experiences!