“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Historic Downtown

You added Days Inn Historic Downtown to your Saves list
Days Inn Historic Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 North Ponce de Leon Blvd., Saint Augustine, FL 32084   |
Ranked #61 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Florida
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Yes, I know it's a Days Inn, but we often stay in a Days Inn Suites in Savannah historic district (Inn at Ellis Square) and it is very nice so i was expecting a similar Wyndham property - not even close.I normally post pros and cons but I honestly cannot think of a single positive thing to say so here goes.

The room was simply nasty. Our white socks were black on the bottom from walking on the filthy carpet. I won't detail the condition of the bathroom, but suffice it to say, it was disgusting. The white bath mat looked like someone had used it to work on their car. The washcloths were so threadbare, they had holes in them. The bottom sheet (sandpaper) was too small for the mattress and I woke up to find I was sleeping on bare mattress because the sheet kept coming off the bed. So why did we stay? It was a holiday weekend and there wasn't much else available. I don't know what the maids do at this place, but they certainly don't clean the rooms.

Also, this was not an issue for us, but this place is on the far outer edge of the historic district- a good 25-30 minute walk, and one you wouldn't want to do at night. And you are automatically charged a fee for the safe. Ours had no door. That part did give us a good laugh.

Bottom line, unless it's last minute and a holiday weekend, there are many nicer places in St Augustine in that price range.

Oh I almost forgot. We had an upgraded room lol! I can't imagine what a standard room must look like.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jane P, Manager at Days Inn Historic Downtown, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying with us and letting us know about your stay. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at our property. I will make sure that your concerns are addressed with our staff and taken care of. I hope you will give us another chance to when you come back.

Thanks,
Jane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)

Been to Days Inn Historic Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Historic Downtown

Address: 1300 North Ponce de Leon Blvd., Saint Augustine, FL 32084
Location: United States > Florida > Saint Augustine
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #61 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Historic Downtown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Historic Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Historic Downtown Hotel Saint Augustine
Historic Downtown Days Inn
Days Inn Saint Augustine
Saint Augustine Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Historic Downtown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.