“Value equaled Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95

You added Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95 to your Saves list
Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2535 State Road 16, I-95 Exit 318, Saint Augustine, FL 32092 (Formerly Ramada Limited St. Augustine)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #64 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Value equaled Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Was looking for a low cost room for a 2 night business stay. The price and value matched here. Room seemed clean and in decent repair. Included an in-room coffee maker and the wi-fi was actually strong/fast enough to watch a video (rare in budget properties). Not a room to write home about, but definitely okay if looking for a clean, budget priced room.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for two days we spent in Saint Augustine before moving on to Orlando. It is right across the road from outlet shopping, which was a plus. It is a little bit of a drive to the historic areas of Saint Augustine.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. They were helpful with directions around town. I forgot an item at this hotel and they held it for me for almost two weeks until we returned through the area.

The room was a mixed bag. The sheets were clean, and beds were OK. The washroom was in serious need of an update. The tub liner was a plastic one, but was in sections, between sections was black with dirt. The room smelled damp and of mildew. The sink area looked like it had been updated, but the other furniture looked old and somewhat worn.

The wireless Internet would not work anywhere but in the lobby building. You could see the routers for all the buildings, but could not connect to them. We mentioned this on the first night, but had not been fixed two days later when we checked out.

Overall, the room was a good value for the price paid, but don't expect anything fancy.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, January 21, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. While I’m thrilled to hear our staff was friendly and you felt the room was a good value, I regret that the bathroom did not meet expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!
Key Colony Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

We made a reservation (for the night of January 1) for our driving trip to south Florida.
When we arrived at the Ramada in St. Augustine we found out that the price for the rooms had gone up but since we had reservations that had been made two weeks before,we were locked in at a lower rate. Unfortunately others standing behind us that did not have reservations had to pay extra. Tiffany, the girl behind the counter that took care of us, was very helpful to us AND was gracious in her handling of at least one customer who was very upset that we were paying a lower rate. Much praise for Tiffany for helping us AND especially for how she handled the situation. Plan ahead!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
We are working very hard to deliver top notch guest service and sincerely appreciate your kind review! I will share your comments with Tiffany.
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at your hotel on our way to Clearwater Beach Fl. It was about 6:00 PM when we stopped to check in. Tiffany was on the desk and there was a line of about 5 or 6 peopel waiting to check in. Tiffany handled everything so well. She was on the desk alone and not only handled the customrers, but also the phone calls that came in and there were several while I was in line. She was very courteous and apologized for the wait. She thanked us for our patience. Once up at the counter she was very fast and effecient. She is certainly an asset to your organization, in my opinion. so many times people are very fast to complain, but not so quick to recognize the good. I will definately stay at your establishment again, as we travel to Florida every year.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Here at the Ramada Limited we know the value of recognizing star performers on our team, and are always looking for ways to do just that. Thank you for sharing your experience with Tiffany, we certainly do consider her an asset!
Bay City, Michigan
2,091 helpful votes 2,091 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

We stayed here for one night. It wasn't very enjoyable. I don't want to complain, but the room we were in was in need of repair and now! The outside of the hotel and lobby are in good shape. Landscaping is nice. Large trees. Parking lot good size. Pool looks nice, was not open during our stay. We had a king room. The furniture was nice-the bed and dresser. But the TV table, the luggage table, chairs, etc were in rough shape. The carpeting was dirty. The heater worked-too good. Turning it down or off didn't seem to help. The bathroom-well, that is where we became very dissatisfied. Bathroom is too small. Shower pressure and getting it to stay hot was ridiculous. Tub leaked. Toilet leaked. Toilet wobbled. Hair dryer provided; however, don't pull on it or it might come off the wall. We had some kind of sitting room connected to our room-we were not told of this. This room was dusty-musty. It had a couch-and I wouldn't begin to sit on it-not only did it look nasty, is was nasty. Very old and worn out. A table with 4 chairs. A very dusty and dirty TV. Odd chairs put here and there. A sink. Very strange.

People were friendly. Checkin was crazy-way too busy for one person. Checkout was easy and quick, very nice older gentleman.

Lots of people had their pets with them, so if you need a place for that, this is a place to go.

If they fixed up the rooms, I am sure they would get more business, though they were busy when we were there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Alicante, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

If you are looking for luxury, don’t stay here. However, if you are on a budget and need an inexpensive place to rest, this is your place. Need I say more about Sylvia and Geraldine. As many have stated on their reviews, the staff is excellent. We even exchanged emails before departing. They really make you feel at home. We enjoyed our morning talks and they helped us plan our day before hitting the road. After our first night at the hotel, we woke up to a cold and rainy morning with a 90% chance of rain. What a bummer!!! But! The staff came to the rescue. They gave us hope that we could still enjoy our day with indoor activities.

After spending time at the outlets and the winery, the weather cleared up and our day turned out to be unforgettable. Thanks again to the staff for giving us a positive outlook and making our stay in St. Augustine a memorable one.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Pembroke Pines, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

We booked this hotel for 2 nights, didn't stay one. We run away!
Bugs, spider webs, dirty room, horrible smell, things not working in the room, horrible bathroom, horrible location and staff. Worst hotel ever, and we have been in many. Unsafe - so please do not stay there if you travel with children. I have never been to a jail (Bat visit to Alcatraz) but I bet there are jails better than this hotel. I wouldn't stay there if it was free, any penny spent there is a money thrown away.

Moved the same (first) night to a hotel across the street, we had a decent, clean room at least (Hampton Inn).

Not recommended under any circumstance!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, January 13, 2010
Dear review readers,

I'm very confident saying that our management team made every effort to resolve this guest's complaints.

This review, as you can see from the others, is truly an annomally and not representative of the levels of service we provide. We encourage you to read all reviews of our hotel before forming an opinion.

Been to Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95? Share your experiences!