“get away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95

You added Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95 to your Saves list
Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2535 State Road 16, I-95 Exit 318, Saint Augustine, FL 32092 (Formerly Ramada Limited St. Augustine)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel offered a great value for their rooms that made our overnight trip in St. Augustine possible! They have all the basics you'll need if you're just looking for a place to stay for the night. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. We were expecting poorer quality for the price we paid! But what made this an excellent experience was the staff. We'd had a transmission error when booking the room on my iPod, which affected our reservation. Since it appeared to be a problem on our end, they could have very well dismissed it as such and rejected our (technically non-existent) reservation. But they were extremely understanding and made an exception to remedy the situation. We've stayed in hotels across the country, and empathy is not something easily found in the hotel industry. People come and go all day. But at this particular Ramada, your stay will be handled by people who actually care about you and your experience there. We will be back, if we ever need to stay in the area again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Bruce S, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Johanna C.;

Customer service and guest satisfaction in today's environment is often difficult to achieve. Thank you for recognizing our desire to insure you enjoy your visit with us. I will pass along your excellent comments to our staff.

Once again, thank you for your review.

The Villages
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The shower had a curtain that would not remain fully closed because rod had been pulled from wall and repaired improperly. There was hardly any water pressure in the shower but plenty in the wash basin. Door lock required another keying to close because the deadbolt automatically extended.

When checking out, could not get a receipt because of a defective printer.

On a positive note, the price was fair.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Earl S.;

Please accept our apologies for the problems you incurred. Because of your review, we have indentified and remedied the water pressure problem and the faulty shower rod. The reason the deadbolt requires a second time to activate insures our guests' do not accidently get locked outside their room. Additionally, our printer did fail on day and we wish to have a receiptsent to you if you desire. Please call us and we promptly accommodate your request.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Hiawassee, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

After driving eleven hours all we wanted was a hot shower and a good night's sleep. I believe we stayed in room 267 where the condition of the bathroom was third worldish. The floor tiles around the toilet were cracked to the point where the toilet is sinking. The wall under and behind the toilet was filthy. Wallpaper is peeling off. I have pictures if anyone wants to see. You don't expect this from Ramada!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Albert B.;

It is our desire to provide a satisfactory guestroom to our guests. We have reviewed your observations of this specific room and because of your actions have addressed the items you have mentioned.

We sincerely appreciate the time you incurred in writing your review. It is through guest's such as yourself, we can improve.

Thank you for your concern for us.

Bruce S.

Been to Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95

Address: 2535 State Road 16, I-95 Exit 318, Saint Augustine, FL 32092 (Formerly Ramada Limited St. Augustine)
Location: United States > Florida > Saint Augustine
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Limited St. Augustine Hotel Saint Augustine
Ramada Hotel Saint Augustine
Saint Augustine Ramada
Ramada Saint Augustine

If you own or manage Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.