“Needs some work” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95

You added Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95 to your Saves list
Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2535 State Road 16, I-95 Exit 318, Saint Augustine, FL 32092 (Formerly Ramada Limited St. Augustine)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Key West FL
“Needs some work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Room is kinda musty and stinky and the door handle is a real pain, not closing from either side without double clutching it .heating and ac unit loud. I'm not that picky when traveling, but I doubt I'd stay here again. Front desk guy was nice and safe area

• Stayed December 2012
YvetteAGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Mike - Thank you for the honest review about our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and are working to make it better. Terry Zwirn, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
COAL VALLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were tired and needed a place to stay and should of stayed across the street. The front desk was helpful. But, the room needed help, outlets did not work and the tub shower unit needs to be replaced. From the outside it looked good.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and stay some place else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear ilvica2 - Thank you for your honest opinion about your stay. We appreciate the feedback! Kindest Regards - Terry Zwirn, General Manager
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Having a wheelchair, one thing I look for in a hotel room is handicap access with a roll in shower

Expedia offered a roll in shower at this hotel. When I get there I find out not only no roll in shower but the handicap room is so small that the wheelchair will not fit into the bathroom.

Another thing missing from this hotel is the advertised children’s pool. It has been closed and covered in cement.

The breakfast was an abundance of carbs. Breads, cereal and thawed out danish. The coffee was good and they offered three types of juice. Orange, apple and cranberry.

The property looked clean and we felt safe in the area.

If they had a proper handicap wheel chair accessible room, I would stay. Until then I’ll look for another hotel.

Room Tip: room, near the pool, is more quiet and away from highway traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I am really not that picky and I often let a lot slide, especially when I'm just staying at hotel overnight while on a long drive. But this place was thoroughly disgusting. There are burn holes through the bedspreads and blankets. I called for new blankets and they were very nice to quickly bring more--but both replacements were in the same horrible condition. The sheets are not deep enough to fully cover the mattresses, so you can see the huge stains running down the sides. Gag. Roaches too. I wouldn't stay here again even if it were free.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95

Address: 2535 State Road 16, I-95 Exit 318, Saint Augustine, FL 32092 (Formerly Ramada Limited St. Augustine)
Location: United States > Florida > Saint Augustine
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Limited St. Augustine Hotel Saint Augustine
Ramada Hotel Saint Augustine
Saint Augustine Ramada
Ramada Saint Augustine

If you own or manage Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.