“horrible stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95

You added Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95 to your Saves list
Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2535 State Road 16, I-95 Exit 318, Saint Augustine, FL 32092 (Formerly Ramada Limited St. Augustine)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
CLYO
“horrible stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

the room had spider webs on the lamps, the bed spread had 3 burn wholes even though it was a non smoking room, the water coming out of the shower head was a trickle and the water was only hot for less than 10 min. the bathroom door panel was peeling, the television hummed with certain channels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

YvetteAGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Cherita N - While disappointed to see your comments, we do Thank You for your review. The hotel is beginning some upgrades that we believe will encourage you to give us another try. We certainly don't want to lose a loyal guest. Please contact me at ramada@caimanmanagement.com and I will personally handle your reservation. I will be forwarding a personal response to you by mail shortly. We apologize for your inconvenience and, again, thank you for your comments. TerryZwirn, CHA, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

There were no towels in the room, I woke up and my foot was protruding through a hole in the blanket and when I got out of bed I found a bandaid from a previous traveler under the sheets. It was disturbing. I have stayed here many times in past years and it was always clean and comfortable. it has gone down hill rapidly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Guest - Thank you for your recent review. I must apologize for the lack of attention to the condition of the blanket, and missing towels. New linens and blankets are being ordered to replace worn out product and this issue should soon be a thing of the past. We Thank You, again, for your comments. They are greatly appreciated! Terry Zwirn, CHA, General Manager.
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We recently drove to Florida, and selected the Ramada Limited for our 2nd stopover. The exterior of the complex looked nice, the price was reasonable and the staff were pleasant to deal with, so we thought that we made the right choice. Little did we know what was in store for us. When we opened the door to our ground-level unit, there was a significant amount of condensation on the inside of the windows, and the roomed smelled moldy The bathroom was in bad shape as far as the flooring and grout was concerned.

We had been driving for over 10 hours, so we decided to make the best of the situation, and prepared to bed down for the night, but then I noticed something crawling on the wall - a cockroach. I took the bug to the front desk and asked if they had a problem with these insects, and received an answer "on occasion", so we quickly packed our belongings, and requested a refund. Again, I must say that the desk staff were very accommodating and I appreciated their honesty, but we were extremely disappointed with the condition of the room that we were assigned to, and would not recommend this place unless it received a major overhaul.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
YvetteAGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear HRCOntario - Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you noted and are working to correct them. We thank you for bringing them to our attention. Terry Zwirn, General Manager
Richmond Hill
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was a very short stay in this place. While we do appreciate the complimentary breakfast but the musty smell in the room is a serious concern. Additionally, the hotel units do require extreme makeover.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

YvetteAGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Gigi073- Thank you for your honest opinion. We are addressing the concerns you mentioned, and are in the planning stages of updating the look of our guestrooms. We appreciate the time you took to stay with us and make these comments. They will guide us in making decisions about which projects to address first. Thanks, again. Terry Zwirn, General Manager
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive, clean place that would allow a pet and to rest our heads after driving 500 miles...Adam Checked us in..( let me look at room prior to check in) Which most places don't allow these days! Adam was very accommodating, we asked for extra pillows, and kindly gave us some..I kept going back to office to ask questions regarding places to eat, shop etc and he didn't seem to mind.
Unfortunately, @ 5am the ALARM Radio went off, twice,,couldn't fall back asleep, when I called front desk to find out about Breakfast, Robert said come on down all was ready ( usually in these places coffee not ready till at least 7). The coffee was great, and although the hotel no longer supplied a daily paper, he got me one!
Typically, I do not comment on one night stays...But this Ramada was outstanding, mostly due to Adam and Robert! And room was clean. Price was great what more can one ask for! Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
YvetteAGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear 186Dalida186 - Thank you for taking time out to review us! Adam and Robert are two of our best, and they appreciated the mention. We are working hard to make sure each guest has the same experience as yours. Thanks, again, for your kind words. Terry Zwirn, General Manager.

Been to Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95? Share your experiences!