“A pit” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95

You added Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95 to your Saves list
Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2535 State Road 16, I-95 Exit 318, Saint Augustine, FL 32092 (Formerly Ramada Limited St. Augustine)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
lake placid
“A pit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

On the road with the dog and it was the only hotel nearby that took dogs, I would never stay here again. We watched the the breakfast lady pick up a donut off of the floor and put it in the serving tray from a floor that I wouldn't let my dog lay on. Dirty, no hot water, and clogged drain in the tub, broken air conditioner; disgusting. I would never stay again, ever.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
YvetteAGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
We would like to extend our most sincere apologies to you regarding your stay with us. Obviously, the incident you witnessed during breakfast is unacceptable. We have undergone some recent staff changes to ensure that our guests are being presented a clean and relaxing experience at our hotel.
With our hotel and housekeeping being under new management, we are doing everything in our power to avoid these types of issues moving forward. We do sincerely hope you will consider the Ramada Limited again for a future stay, and give us the opportunity to provide you with the comfortable experience you expect from Ramada hotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Let me begin with the good stuff...
The young lady attending the front desk last night did a magnificent job. She was fighting an uphill battle with numerous guests, but she kept on plugging away and, at least in my case, accommodated us splendidly for all she was dealing with. In the end my wife and I both had a nice shower and got a good night's sleep, but that is not how the evening began...

We began our stay in room 208. Here are some highlights:
1)The door doesn't open properly - the deadbolt engages after it has been opened so the door won't close. The only way to disengage the bolt is the turn the latch on the inside of the door (this took a while to figure out) and then close the door.
2) The room was absolutely FILTHY - stains on the seats and walls, cigarette burns on the comforter (in this non-smoking room), the bathroom door handle was CAKED with dirt & God-knows what else, the bathroom wallpaper was mildewed and peeling - had it not been pinched to the wall by the door frame, it may have fallen off completely.
3) There is exposed BLACK MOLD in several places - the curtains, the wall above the beds, the bathroom walls & floor.
4) The phone connection is terrible - I was unable to even connect to an outside line initially.
5) There were exactly ZERO TOWELS and about 1/3 roll of toilet paper in the room.

We worked with the front desk (again, the young woman was by herself and having to put out these kinds of "fires" with multiple guests) to get some towels, toilet paper and restore a phone line, but the mold issue proved too much for my wife's allergies so we asked for a different room.

The first room we were offered was room 214. This non-smoking room smelled more of smoke than some smoking rooms I have been in. I didn't look much further.

We were then offered room 219 where we ended up staying. This was a much better room, but even it wasn't trouble-free. We had towels, but one of them was left from the previous resident - still hanging on the back of the bathroom door.

The negligent housekeeping on this property will be its demise. I never would have thought a Ramada would be like this. And the assurances of improvement I have been reading in previous posts (from Fall 2010) don't help to bolster my faith that management has a true understanding or concern for changing things here. We will NOT be considering this hotel chain for our future travel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced, and want to assure you that we are constantly working to improve our standards not only in customer service, but in housekeeping as well.
While we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay, we thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. It is always our goal to remain courteous and understanding while doing everything we can to ensure our guests are happy. We also thank you for the positive feedback regarding our staff and their commitment to assisting our guests.
We would like you to know that there have been some recent changes in management here at the hotel, as well as in our housekeeping department, in an effort to provide a better experience for our guests including new linen and a higher standards across the board.
We would also like to apologize for the issues you experienced with the telephone, and have alerted our vendor of the issue.
We sincerely hope that you will reconsider giving the Ramada Limited another chance to meet and exceed your expectations in your future travels.
Tallahassee, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

It was bike week in Daytona Beach and I was attending a wedding there. Rooms were scarce and expensive, so I booked an hour away in St. Augustine. This hotel had a good price. Its location is excellent if you want to shop at the outlet mall. It's a very easy on and off I 95. It is an older hotel and the room reflected that, but was clean and the bed was excellent. The lighting was dim, but that was not a problem; I was not working at the computer. The lobby area was clean and fresh. Breakfast was standard but plentiful. The staff was efficient. It was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay wtih us at the Ramada Limited. We strive to offer our guests a great rate, with amenities and customer service above industry standards. With such a short distance to a wide variety of shopping, dining, and historic locations, we hope you will think of us the next time your are planning a trip to the First Coast area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Nice staff. Fast check in/out. Area for dogs which is great. For 50 bucks it was pretty good for one night stay.

• Stayed December 2010
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed staying with us at the Ramada Limited, St. Augustine! You'll always find great rates and a free breakfast at our pet friendly hotel. We look forward to hosting you again the next time travel plans bring you to St. Augustine!
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

Ramada is cool. rooms are neat. Was there this Christmas. We loved it. People are nice too.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

At check-in, I barely pronounce my name and Ryan had everything ready, as if he knew who I was and is waiting for my arrival. Now that's a "Welcome". Also, I mentioned why my family and I were in town, he drew out a map and gave simple directions on how to get there. Ryan made it easy to get to maneuver the city. Thanks Ryan for a job well done.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
YvetteAGM, Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Thank you for taking the time out to write this great review. We appriciate when guest acknowledge the hard work of our team members. Ryan and our other staff members take great pride in delivering excellent customer service to all our guest. We hope to see you soon.
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Sylvia, especially, was incredibly helpful, friendly and kind!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
We were very pleased to read your review and would like to thank you. We Hope to see you again on your next trip to our area.

Been to Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95? Share your experiences!