“manages large groups fairly well.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #53 of 78 Hotels in Saint Augustine
Tallahassee
“manages large groups fairly well.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

IT is rare that we travel in a large group, however this was a classroom of 4th graders on a field trip staying over night along with chaperones. Room total I'm not sure, but the hotel accomodated 175 people with barely a glitch. Check in was prearranged, so once in the elevators, we were settled in within minutes. Rooms were quiet and clean, better than most. Breakfast was a bit rattled, but we had a separate room for breakfast, and I believe the property was understaffed, as it wasn't ready as planned. The desk staff were very friendly and handled requests very quickly. There was an unattended dog barking like crazy when we arrived to our floor. It took one phone call and the dog didn't make another peep. My only complaint was the pillows. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were awful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a two room suite that was quite large. This is a budget hotel and the price was very attractive. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The couch in the living room must have been owned by a chiropractor as you couldn't sit on it for more than 15 minutes. Free Internet and free breakfast were positives. We chose it for the location next to World Golf Village and the price. It met our needs and I would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richboro, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I saw the mixed reviews but decided to try this hotel in August 2012. I had lived in St. Auggie for many years and we were visiting for only two days before heading up to Hilton Head for 8 days. When we arrived, the landscape was overgrown, weeds higher than my ankles, broken pavement in parking lot and I couldnt help but notice the siding from under the roof hanging. The parking lot was littered with cigarrette butts and as we approached the doors, an employee walked in front of us, not even holding the door. It looked so horrible on the outside, we left our luggage in the car not even sure they were open. When we checked in at the desk, I was handed a receipt that was for 300.00 more. I was charged the wrong rate than what receipt was emailed me. I showed the girl the email and she looked annoyed she had to "fix it". I personally called the hotel when making the reservation and asked for adjoining rooms, which is not what we got. The lobby is outdated, dirty and the lounge looks like no one ever goes in there. When we got up to our room, the horrible musty smell, dirty spreads, stains on carpet, moist carpet and hair on bathroom floor and sink, made us call the closest next hotel and get out of there in a heartbeat. Dont stay here. Save your money or spend the extra 50 a night and stay at Renaissance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed 5 nights at this impressive Comfort Suites only 2 miles east of the World Golf Village area NW of downtown Saint Augustine (Exit 323 off I-95), FLA during the last few days of January 2013. I was on the 4th floor of this 6 floor hotel. Close to I-95 but it was far enough away so that I could not hear it. And even though my room was very close to the elevator, I never heard the bing sound from it. Other folks have complained about mildew and other problems in the summer, but obviously I did not have to worry about that. The breakfast was very good and always had meat and eggs. Elevator always worked. Only problem is the lack of nearby restaurants. There is Caddyshack restaurant in the World Golf Village, and a nice Irish pub east of the motel on Route 1 about 4 or 5 miles via the International Golf Parkway. The desk employee can tell you the name of it.

Room Tip: My room faced the man-made lake and the gazebo on the north side of the hotel. It was a suite, and i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We very much liked this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The room was very clean and comfortable, although the pillows were on the small side. Also, there was a distinct odor in the hallway, but it didn't bother us too much. We could hear some noise at night with families settling their kids down, but they quieted down around 10pm. The breakfast the next morning was excellent and included in the room price. I've stayed in plenty of hotels that also offered a breakfast, but this hotel had one of the best in terms of quality and variety. They had the usual cereals, toast, juices, etc.; but I was impressed with the hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausages. We also liked that there was a computer available for guest use. The rooms could have used a ventilating fan in the bathrooms, but this is only a minor point. Overall, this is a very nicely managed property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I found the place to be excellent. It was clean, well kept and an accomodating staff. Unfortunately it does not have a restaurant facility. The breakfast was more than adequate.

The rooms were clean and rather large.

The facility is dog friendly. We have a German Shepard that is a certified search and rescue dog and they were more than able to make us welcome. In fact many of the guests enjoyed learning about SAR dogs, how they are trained and how they work

If you are able to stay in the St.Augustine area, I highly recommend thus facility.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Weston, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Even though the Comfort Suites was not my first choice, I was pleasantly surprised. I was attending a convention at the Renaissance World Golf Village Resort but they were sold out.

The hotel is conveniently located near the World Golf Village, Golf Hall of Fame & Renaissance. However, it is a little far away from downtown Saint Augustine. Staff was courteous. Rooms are large but in need of renovation. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was great!

You can't beat the price If you don't mind being a little far from historic Saint Augustine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites at the World Golf Village? Share your experiences!